Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 10:25 AM

4,322 posts, read 4,228,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sionna View Post
I love Essex as a town but wouldn't that be a really long commute?
On rush-hour, Essex / Chester would be about 1 hour commute. Killingworth another 10-15 minutes. And Killingworth High School is combined with Haddam, so is Park and Rec. Haddam real estate prices are also slightly higher than Killingworth, because of better commuting to Hartford.

Nevertheless, Haddam would be 45 minues Plus. Over an hour in the winter. I would stay East, along the several small rural towns mentioned here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 10:33 AM

4,719 posts, read 5,989,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sionna View Post
I love Essex as a town but wouldn't that be a really long commute?
You had Lyme on your original list of towns - Lyme is a longer commute than Essex since Essex is right on Route 9. From Lyme, you'd need to take back roads through East Haddam to go over the bridge there, or take the Chester-Hadlyme ferry over the river.

Here is an historic home in Haddam (built 1834) - google maps says it is 31 or 36 minutes from this home to 273 Farmington Avenue in Hartford (Aetna building)

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/13...58850019_zpid/

Old 09-15-2014, 10:45 AM

2 posts, read 1,934 times
I just moved to (west) Suffied. Love it. Went to school in granby. 9yo Daughter happy with schools so far and 3yo will be going thru them too. Great schools. Taxes are cheaper than Granby.
Just happened on this site looking for heating oil as need to get the tanks filled and saw this thread and was already a member on here, even thou I have never posted I must have signed up at some point, so figured I would post. Found a place for $3.10 a gallon.

Good luck.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:34 PM

8 posts, read 9,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
You had Lyme on your original list of towns - Lyme is a longer commute than Essex since Essex is right on Route 9. From Lyme, you'd need to take back roads through East Haddam to go over the bridge there, or take the Chester-Hadlyme ferry over the river.

Here is an historic home in Haddam (built 1834) - google maps says it is 31 or 36 minutes from this home to 273 Farmington Avenue in Hartford (Aetna building)

139 Walkley Hill Rd, Haddam, CT 06438 is For Sale - Zillow
Thanks, I didn't realize the commute from Lyme would be so roundabout. Thanks for the listing too, I'll add it to my list.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:40 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,635,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator79 View Post
I just moved to (west) Suffied. Love it. Went to school in granby. 9yo Daughter happy with schools so far and 3yo will be going thru them too. Great schools. Taxes are cheaper than Granby.
Just happened on this site looking for heating oil as need to get the tanks filled and saw this thread and was already a member on here, even thou I have never posted I must have signed up at some point, so figured I would post. Found a place for $3.10 a gallon.

Good luck.
We were up in Suffield for a soccer tournament this summer and I thought it was beautiful. Having the regional ag school there is a huge plus for the town. Living in a hilly area, I was so jealous of all those level lots too. LOL Enjoy. You made a great choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut