Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2014, 08:45 AM

754 posts, read 1,019,190 times

Advertisements

Well after this mess is taking care of.... Sounds like we will get break. No storm Sunday now. Maybe next wed or Thursday.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:57 AM

14,058 posts, read 13,962,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
Well after this mess is taking care of.... Sounds like we will get break. No storm Sunday now. Maybe next wed or Thursday.

There another strom this weekend but they watching it careful If it happens it would worst of 3 stroms this week. As for Next Week there some snow Wednsday into Thurday 40% Chance and Friday 40% It look like it would another busy 2 weeks for snow as winter reaching it peak

This quote from Accuweather.

"One scenario suggests the storm may develop into a blizzard as it nears the Atlantic Ocean. As a result, people from Virginia to Maine will need to watch this one carefully.
If the storm develops to its full potential along the mid-Atlantic coast, it may deliver not only snowfall rates of several inches per hour to inland areas of the Northeast, but also strong winds."

"Another scenario would be for the storm to behave more like other storms have done recently with a period of light to moderate snow streaking across part of the Midwest to part of the Northeast. Winds would be significantly less and probably not a factor. Overall, a more manageable snowfall would occur.
Supporting this less intense storm idea on Sunday to Monday is a front-running and weaker storm that will roll across the South on Friday night with rain showers and then could brush the Northeast on Saturday with a swath of snow."

Old 02-05-2014, 09:00 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,210,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Have you guys noticed the blue tint to the snow??? That is pure water. I thought the 6" the other day took forever to move, this is worse with sleet and ice on top.

Precip stopped here. Heavy stuff should be done in couple hours for north of I-84

I was actually wondering what that blue tint was. I just shoveled for an hour and I am all clean and good to go. I measured 8" on my back porch. Snow was very,very heavy and I am done for the day......Motrin time.
No precip here.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:08 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,174,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
There another strom this weekend but they watching it careful If it happens it would worst of 3 stroms this week. As for Next Week there some snow Wednsday into Thurday 40% Chance and Friday 40% It look like it would another busy 2 weeks for snow as winter reaching it peak

This quote from Accuweather.

"One scenario suggests the storm may develop into a blizzard as it nears the Atlantic Ocean. As a result, people from Virginia to Maine will need to watch this one carefully.
If the storm develops to its full potential along the mid-Atlantic coast, it may deliver not only snowfall rates of several inches per hour to inland areas of the Northeast, but also strong winds."

"Another scenario would be for the storm to behave more like other storms have done recently with a period of light to moderate snow streaking across part of the Midwest to part of the Northeast. Winds would be significantly less and probably not a factor. Overall, a more manageable snowfall would occur.
Supporting this less intense storm idea on Sunday to Monday is a front-running and weaker storm that will roll across the South on Friday night with rain showers and then could brush the Northeast on Saturday with a swath of snow."
I read this on there yesterday ..... long time ago in model world.

Edit: and ONCE AGAIN..the storm is over and NWS has it going on and on...will they ever forecast the end of a storm right?

Old 02-05-2014, 09:15 AM

856 posts, read 2,016,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Have you guys noticed the blue tint to the snow??? That is pure water. I thought the 6" the other day took forever to move, this is worse with sleet and ice on top.

Precip stopped here. Heavy stuff should be done in couple hours for north of I-84
Smurf pee...lol! I see with the new snow were over the bottom step on the concrete form back steps. So figure 10" between the other day and today for terryville. Just occasional bursts of sleet now, I was surprised the garbage pick-up still came.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:17 AM

83,551 posts, read 75,428,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
"mess"? I thought you liked snow. No mention of what you got or what you see? You must have Florida sun there? And why are you still fixated on Sunday when we just had a big storm today? Interesting.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:19 AM

Current temps and radar. Mostly still freezing or below in CT except the coast. I see another batch of precip moving up.

Time for more shoveling! Be back later on.

Attached Thumbnails
February 2014 Snowstorms-map31.jpg   February 2014 Snowstorms-pic6.jpg  

Old 02-05-2014, 09:53 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,966,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
I was actually wondering what that blue tint was. I just shoveled for an hour and I am all clean and good to go. I measured 8" on my back porch. Snow was very,very heavy and I am done for the day......Motrin time.
No precip here.
Walter White is loose in Connecticut...

Old 02-05-2014, 10:10 AM

754 posts, read 1,019,190 times
Well I look at snow storms like making a great dinner or having a great party.... Fun leading up to it and enjoying it but once u start shoveling it's like cleaning up the mess after cooking or a party.

With that said I hope we get few more big storms.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:19 AM

Ok, I'm back.. lots of breaks! Still no plow on my road.

Flashbacks to 2011 with 3 foot+ piles obstructing views. We got dumped on in just 3 days! 1 foot of snow.

Snowfall reports: Everyone pretty much got over half foot of snow except the Middlesex, New Haven and New London coasts. BDR with 7.5" on top of the 6.7" 3 days ago.

I like how the 6-10" swath stayed north of Central PA then right into CT.

Attached Thumbnails
February 2014 Snowstorms-pic7.jpg   February 2014 Snowstorms-reports4.jpg   February 2014 Snowstorms-reports6.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut