Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 10:55 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,092,523 times

Advertisements

lol slipperman when we first moved to CT in 2004 we lived in Windshire Terrace for a couple months before we bought our home, ouraddress was on Forest glen Circle. Was a nice complex, but those units just west of them looked like Section 8 housing wow was it scary in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,695,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
lol slipperman when we first moved to CT in 2004 we lived in Windshire Terrace for a couple months before we bought our home, ouraddress was on Forest glen Circle. Was a nice complex, but those units just west of them looked like Section 8 housing wow was it scary in there.
was that Inverness Ln with the oddly shaped condos? yeah, i looked at a couple of those back in 07 and didn't like them for 2 reasons: 1. how congested it felt and 2. lots of undesirables there.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:11 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,769,033 times
Well, there was nothing to be afraid of in that " scary" complex in Middletown. It's called the Highlands and it's a true PUD- a planned unit development. Each of those little homes is on a tiny plot of land, which it owns, with the rest of the land in the complex being owned in common.

I agree that it is strange looking, as little contemporary sort of boxy houses are not at all attractive. But there are no renters there or if there are, there may be only a few. The homes are, for the most part, owned by first time buyers,as they're cheap to purchase.

Just because something is not pretty does not mean it is dangerous.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:06 PM

21,633 posts, read 31,237,489 times
Guys, be extremely careful when driving. I watched an accident happen this morning on 95. Snow piles are so high that vehicles have to come to a complete stop when merging, and inch their way out. Some mergers aren't stopping and just barreling into traffic.

Also, when driving in the right and left lanes, the lanes will unexpectedly end. Play it smart and drive in the middle lane, and be aware of the other lanes though so people around you don't swipe you from the side.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipperman View Post
was that Inverness Ln with the oddly shaped condos? yeah, i looked at a couple of those back in 07 and didn't like them for 2 reasons: 1. how congested it felt and 2. lots of undesirables there.
correct they looked like little bungalows all next to each other, actually they looked like tin cans. I looked at them when we first moved to CT from ny and what I saw there made me flee quickly from there to Glastonbury Also I knew I wasn't long for that apartment complex when the super told me after we bought a new grill "you better chain that grill to a pole or it will disappear" since we were on the first floor. I walked in and talked to my wife and said lets go house hunting we are out of here, was happy to lose my deposit for a safer environment.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Well, there was nothing to be afraid of in that " scary" complex in Middletown. It's called the Highlands and it's a true PUD- a planned unit development. Each of those little homes is on a tiny plot of land, which it owns, with the rest of the land in the complex being owned in common.

I agree that it is strange looking, as little contemporary sort of boxy houses are not at all attractive. But there are no renters there or if there are, there may be only a few. The homes are, for the most part, owned by first time buyers,as they're cheap to purchase.

Just because something is not pretty does not mean it is dangerous.
correct was a strange little neighborhood I didn't like some of what I saw there though, but overall Middletown is a nice little town, just wasn't fond of living in an apartment in the Westlake area. Wasn't for us.... The parking where we were in Windshire terrace wasn't too hot either.

Anyway, back to the weather talk, they were in my complex in Glastonbury with buldozers and bobcats just shuffling snow around.....what a mess. On the bright side, water was pouring off of my roof into the gutters all night last night, and I'm sure a lot of it melted today....glad for that.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:11 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,873,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
Red Hyundai hatch? That was me. I had them on, I just turned them on off near Westport. How did you know it was me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Hmm. A little creepy...lol...
Stalker alert.... LOL.

I explained it to gmd via DM. I'll leave it to him on whether or not he wants to explain it out on the forum.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:51 PM

83,549 posts, read 75,414,786 times
https://www.facebook.com/WeatherHanrahan

"This is East Avenue in Bridgeport. This is not an unusual site at all in the Park City. People are frustrated and understandably so. Unfortunately, plows are virtually useless with 3 feet of wet, heavy snow and front end loaders are all that's left. It's a slow process but it's a 1 in 100+ year storm and the cities are particularly hard hit thanks to on the street parking, close proximity of houses/driveways, and dense population."

Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,209,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Stalker alert.... LOL.

I explained it to gmd via DM. I'll leave it to him on whether or not he wants to explain it out on the forum.
Lol.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 PM

420 posts, read 1,043,045 times
Default Lake is not frozen

It really has not for sometime now.
We have more freeze thaw cycles , that is becoming more common place , then when I was a kid on the eastside. I 'm living west now, if the westside gets heavy snow it was a bad storm.

P.S.
I picked Connecticut , to check out because of NEOhio and the western reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmelk View Post
As an ex-Clevelander, I know how rare it is to see bare ground in February. Then again, I experienced many big snows in March and even April! So for sure, more fun lies ahead. Has the lake frozen over yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut