Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 04:51 AM

18 posts, read 60,404 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Does anyone know when ShopRite on Black Rock in Fairfield is opening up?

Thanks
Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 05:30 AM

281 posts, read 345,214 times
I'm wondering myself. Their site says it's opening "soon" but that's been a few months now.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:53 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Shop Rite is not as on top of things as other supermarket chains. A good time to open a new store is the week before Thanksgiving. I would htink that is a goal for them as well but nothing has been announced. Jay

Old 09-08-2010, 07:03 AM

5 posts, read 11,513 times
go surpermarket

Old 09-08-2010, 07:26 AM

18 posts, read 60,404 times
Where do you guys go for grocery shopping. I normally go to Stop & Shop but there things are expensive and quality is not so great.

Thanks
Gary

Old 09-08-2010, 07:52 AM

22 posts, read 108,793 times
I live in Trumbull very close to Stop & Shop, Porricellis and Big Y...I usually drive a little further to Shelton Shoprite simply because they have more (and much better) sales.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:00 AM

588 posts, read 1,872,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_73 View Post
Where do you guys go for grocery shopping. I normally go to Stop & Shop but there things are expensive and quality is not so great.

Thanks
Gary
Unfortunately in Fairfield that's our only option, until the Shoprite opens. I have noticed the quality is a little better if you go to the S&S on Post Road (near Joe's Bar & Grill) instead of the one on Tunxis Hill Cutoff. You can always try Trader Joe's for some higher-quality stuff, but their pricing is even higher. Good stuff though. I for 1 can't wait for Shoprite - good pricing and the quality is usually really good. That, and I live less than 2 minutes from there!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:56 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Actually I have found the quality at ShopRite to be lower than Stop & Shop. Stop & Shop meats and produce are better IMHO, but I will agree the prices are higher. Jay

Old 09-09-2010, 09:13 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,447,381 times
When I lived in Bridgeport I shopped at Stop & Shop on Main Street; you can get most of your groceries discounted there if you're not hellbent on getting the most expensive brand name foods. For higher quality produce & vegetarian foods I went to Trader Joe's in Fairfield. Now I choose Whole Foods over Trader Joe's because they carry exceptional fruits & veggies and a much wider array of produce.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:14 PM

490 posts, read 1,788,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_73 View Post

Thanks
Gary
I agree with you that S&S is pricey but if you are looking for quality, it is pretty much the best option. I live in Fairfield but need to save money so I do a lot of my shopping in Bridgeport at PriceRite, Food Basics and Food Bazaar. The last one has a deli but their cheese quality was deceiving, I had to throw the cheese out. On the other hand, they have a fish market where one can find deals. I just got great Wild Salmon for $10/pound. Food Bazaar offers good veggies and OK fruit but S&S are a bit better. Another place may be the International Food Market on Main St. in Bridgeport. They offer great veggies and OK fruit at reasonable prices and they too have a fish market inside. If you have the time, shopping around will be the best option to save money I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut