Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you getting a MacBook?
Yes 5 22.73%
Maybe 4 18.18%
Waiting for improvements 3 13.64%
No 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:28 PM

718 posts, read 1,151,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valery_Raymond
what are you talking about? Windows SUCKS compared to MACS!!!! Macs are the best computers out there. However, they are only great for someone who is working with music, video editing, and media stuff like that. If your just boring and just use a comp for internet then go windows! but macs are way more advanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
And here's a Mac fanboy now
Too funny !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 04:46 AM

23,900 posts, read 33,661,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valery_Raymond View Post
what are you talking about? Windows SUCKS compared to MACS!!!! Macs are the best computers out there. However, they are only great for someone who is working with music, video editing, and media stuff like that. If your just boring and just use a comp for internet then go windows! but macs are way more advanced
Yeah, so advanced they never freeze up.
I have a 3-4 month old Mac mini. Yesterday was the 1st day I listened to music CD's. At one point my Guns & Roses CD got frozen in Itunes.

People can blast Windows all they want.
My scanner which was pretty new did not have Vista drivers, not surprising it didn't have mac drivers either.

I just built (in the process of building) 2 quad core computers for less then it would cost to buy 1 similar Mac.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:58 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,267,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Yeah, so advanced they never freeze up.
I have a 3-4 month old Mac mini. Yesterday was the 1st day I listened to music CD's. At one point my Guns & Roses CD got frozen in Itunes.

People can blast Windows all they want.
My scanner which was pretty new did not have Vista drivers, not surprising it didn't have mac drivers either.

I just built (in the process of building) 2 quad core computers for less then it would cost to buy 1 similar Mac.
I would hardly call a CD stalling a freeze up. And, that is more then likely an issue with iTunes, and not the Mini itself.

The scanner did not have Mac drivers? Not surprising, as it is usually OSX that has the drivers built right in. Over the last decade I do not recall ever having to install one driver for any scanner, printer, keyboard, wireless mouse, or external hard drive for any Mac that I have owned.

Yes, you can build a powerful PC for less then the cost of a new Mac, but do not kid anyone; you can build a powerful PC for less then the cost of a new PC as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers