Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 05:32 AM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,401 times

Advertisements

We use Compaq Presario CQ56 and CQ57 laptops and we watch things like Youtube videos on our large flat-screen Sanyo TV. We use a 10 foot cable that has a separate sound wire linked to the main data cable.
There always has been a light humming sound but all of a sudden it has become very loud.
Is there a filtered wire for the sound that will solve this issue ? I'm at a loss on how to how to use my TV for my computers screen without the awful humming or buzzing noise, any ideas ?
I use my TV for this as the laptops speakers are chintzy and the TVs sound is loud and clear except for this buzzing issue that just got worse. I haven't talked to the makers of the TV or the computers yet, I thought I may get a quick answer here first.
There may be an incompatibility issue with the two brands or something. I'm hoping there is a filtered sound wire I could just go out and buy. Thanks in advance for any help. ~♥~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 05:47 AM

354 posts, read 517,905 times
it most probably is your laptop mic turned on try turning it off or muting it.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:11 AM

Wow what a quick reply, thanks. I'm going to try that right now.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:13 AM

Default A rep is due !

Thank you that worked. ~♥~ Now I can ditch work and veg on music videos all day !!!!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:21 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
We use a 10 foot cable that has a separate sound wire linked to the main data cable.
Had similar issue with a cable box connected to TV via component cables. After some research it appears it was caused by a ground loop but I was never able to solve it no matter what I did. It's still on my "to do" list.

Switching to HDMI fixed the immediate issue because it's pure 1's and 0's.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:06 AM

354 posts, read 517,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
Thank you that worked. ~♥~ Now I can ditch work and veg on music videos all day !!!!
no prob. that's my xmas gift to you! enjoy your day.

just remember to ALWAYS PAY IT FORWARD!

i KNOW that's the solution coz im speaking from experience. i connect both my laptop and desktop to tv as monitor..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers