Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 09:04 AM

2 posts, read 9,706 times

Advertisements

I have a 20 month old son and a newborn due in dec. Im lloking for childcare fulltime starting in March of 09. Willing to pay for quality care. We live on Reynoldsburg/ new albany rd. neard Broad St.
614-546-8591 to set up an interview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 04:18 PM

52 posts, read 328,520 times
We are in Dublin. Part time, at Goddard, 5 days a week is $630

Old 03-08-2009, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 5,138 times
Dear Family,

Hi! Being the owner/director of a competitive in-home child care program, I can say that your costs are going to be between $100-$175/week for FT. My prices are on the higher end because I include diapers, wipes, 2 meals and 2 snacks daily, along with a curriculum, music class, sign language and more. It all depends on what amenities you want, location, etc. I'm located in Bexley, about 10-15 min. from Gahanna and Reynoldsburg.

If you would like more information, feel free to call or send a DM with any questions. Columbus is larger city than probably the city you're coming from in Nebraska, so you're going to pay a bit more. In-home care is great because it is so much more personalized and it's a home away from home, too!

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 03-08-2009 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: post altered to lessen advertising aspects

Old 03-24-2009, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,511 times
Default daycare

I moved to the Columbus area a little over a year ago and was suprised at the high rates for daycare. My daughter was 5 when we moved and daycare was $170 a week plus over the summer there was a $40/month activity fee...July was a very expesive month! I also have a friend who had 2 kids in and it was over $300 a week. Just because of the cost of daycare alone I have been thinking about becoming a stay at home mom and watching kids in my home. I am currently looking into the feasiblity of starting this in June. Please reply if you would like anymore information...And enjoy Columbus and your move!
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker View Post
My husband and I are moving to the Columbus area this summer. We are Nebraskans so we have no clue what day care costs are in Ohio. We have a toddler and a preschooler and are looking at either a center or private in-home care. Can anyone throw out some prices??

Old 06-02-2009, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 3,373 times
I have another option that is in line with these quoted rates. An au pair costs an average of $320 a week no matter how many children you have. Its a cultural exchange program where a young person from another country (speaks English) lives with a host family. The family provides room and board and a weekly stipend. The au pair provides 45 hours a week of childcare. Very flexible since you create the schedule and set the hours, and can change as needed. I'm the local coordinator in the Columbus area, so if you would like more info., contact me.
614-204-5693
[EMAIL="sheri.watkins@lcc.culturalcare.com"]sheri.watkins@lcc.culturalcare.com[/EMAIL]
swatkins.aupairnews.com

Old 06-13-2009, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,322 times
I am looking to find a sitter for my three boys. We live in the Gahanna area. I have a 1 year old, a 5 year old and a 10 year old. I am not able to spend a fortune which is seems the case may be. Any idea? The 5 year old will start kindergarten in the fall and will only need care for half a day then and the 10 year old will be in school all day, then it will just be the little one.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 3,275 times
Hello i have a 2 year old son and i am looking for daycare that will work with my schedule. If you could contact me at 6148431827.

Thanks
chelsea

Old 06-25-2009, 08:49 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,162,146 times
TRY THE COLUMBUS CRAIGSLIST. THERE'S TONS OF DAYCARE PROVIDERS, ETC ON THERE.

I personally would not be posting your phone numbers via the forums. That's what DM's should be used for...

Since when can we advertise in the forums?

Old 06-19-2010, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,696 times
Looking for chilcare for my two boys ages 5 and 7 and our daughter age 11.We are located in Reynoldsburg. Can anyone give me any ideas? Thanks so much!

Old 07-02-2010, 03:22 PM

154 posts, read 503,957 times
We are moving to the Columbus area soon from Northern VA and I am surprised to see that the prices might be close to what we are paying in Northern VA. I was hoping our cost of living would go down significantly, including with child care. Oh well. We currently have two wonderful little boys and we'll like to have two more, which is why I was hoping daycare wouldn't cost as much because I want to continue to work.

I agree with Torn2Pieces in one aspect that it probably isn't safe to post your phone number on a public forum. However, I think it's a great idea to post information about your daycare. You're advertising but you're also helping parents like me who are moving to OH and are pretty much clueless right now about quite a few things...lol.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, previous and future. Have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus