Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 07:24 PM

2 posts, read 6,808 times

Advertisements

How hard is it to get a teaching job in the Columbus suburbs? I have 16 years of elementary teaching experience and may have to relocate next year (husband's job).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 08:02 PM

3 posts, read 6,882 times
I'm not a teacher but I know my friend's having a tough time finding a full-time elementary position. She's been subbing for awhile now.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:12 PM

121 posts, read 543,810 times
How about in the Southwestern school district? Being that there are so many elementary schools in this area, is it easier to get in to one of them?

Old 02-16-2009, 06:35 AM

3 posts, read 6,882 times
Good question. My friend was looking in Olentangy schools up north. Columbus & Southwestern are the largest school districts here so get your name in the hiring pool. Have you tried columbus.k12.oh.us?

Old 02-16-2009, 05:22 PM

121 posts, read 543,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetskr View Post
Good question. My friend was looking in Olentangy schools up north. Columbus & Southwestern are the largest school districts here so get your name in the hiring pool. Have you tried columbus.k12.oh.us?
I don't have my degree yet but I'm working on it. How do you think teaching jobs will look in about 2 or 3 years from now in these school districts?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:42 AM

212 posts, read 686,907 times
growth's gonna happen no matter what. if you do look at school districts, also look at hilliard, worthington, westerville. Large districts with lots of schools. Southwestern is trying to pass a levy again, (I think the 3rd time and this spring) keep your eyes on that. That could make a big difference. Columbus is big, but a lot of it is considered inner city. depending on how you can handle kids from these kinds of areas, could be a good choice. my thoughts are positive for Columbus schools. peoples give them a bad rap, but I think most people blame the teachers. Hello, what about the kids. the teachers can only teach the kids who show up. and if parents aren't invloved, well that just adds to it. it only takes a handful of great teachers to fix it, but it takes time.
Good luck in the move and job hunt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus