Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 03:41 AM

7 posts, read 16,552 times

Advertisements

I may be having to move to Columbus and would like to know what area is best where you can find a house around $120k. We are not as worried about schools because we don't have children and don't plan on having them for about 5 - 6 years so it would be a ways before that is a concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,254 times
I suppose it depends on what part of town you're going to be working in.....but I'd say you're going to need to look in the south-west to east sides of Columbus. I'd stick to the outerbelt cities if you're concered about safety. There are pockets of nice areas closer to downtown (Grandview or Bexly), but you have to know the city to get the best deals.
If you can find a house on the fringes of Grove City, Groveport or Obetz area......I'd say they're your safest bets for your price range. Just make sure to check your property taxes for your address. Taxes in Grove City will be high, but not as bad as Dublin and Hilliard. (on northwest side of town) You'll find pockets of "Columbus" on the edges of these burbs that can save you money since you're not as concerned about schools.
Good luck!
Cin

Old 07-19-2008, 01:45 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,672,214 times
To find a home in the 120,000 price range is not hard in Columbus. The most sought after suburbs and sections of the city are higher in price, but there are many neighborhoods in columbus with homes in this range.

I would look for a home in Eastmoor, located just east of Bexley. Also, check out the less expensive homes in Berwick (south of Bexley) or the far east side of Columbus.

On the NE side you can find a home in this range along Morse Rd. or route 161. These areas are known as Forest Park, Sharon Woods, or Northland.

There are many homes in this range, or lower, on the west side of sections of the NE side closer to downtown, but many are falling apart and a mess. However, there are some homes in this range in decent neighborhoods on the far west side near 270 and even some newer developments in this range.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:16 AM

3 posts, read 21,951 times
Drew,
I would look in to Galloway. It is between Grove City and Hilliard on the SW side of 270. About a 15-20 minute drive to downtown and relatively cheap.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:19 PM

61 posts, read 257,556 times
If you are working in the Dublin area you can find houses in the Marrysville area in the 120's. Marysville is about 20 minutes northwest of Dublin.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:41 PM

18 posts, read 96,463 times
I would like to recommend the Obetz / Hamilton Township area. Contrary to belief we are not 3 eyed rednecks. My family and I live in a 4 bedroom 3 story home and it is less than 140K. There are some areas to avoid, as with any community, but I think the area gets a bad rep just because of its location. We have a very nice small community full of hard working middle income families. I recommend you look into Hamilton Highlands, Hamilton Lakes N and S. Avoid anything near the airport. Hope that helps.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:17 AM

7 posts, read 16,552 times
Default Power shopping for houses this weekend

Well, I did get the position so my wife and I will be in town this weekend to do some power shopping for houses. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good buyers realtor that knows the market well?

Thank you to all that have posted thus far.
Andy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus