Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 32,060 times

Advertisements

My family of 5 children and I are trying to find a section 8 home in columbus for rent in a nice area with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and allow pets. Looking foward to moving in about 2 months. Hopefully located in an area where there are great schools both an high school and a elementary school please message me if you have any advice or information Thanks a Bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 11:16 PM

62 posts, read 297,068 times
Default Hud

HUD has its on website that you can go on and search by city, state and county. You can also narrow your choices by picking family housing and the number of bedrooms from there it will give you a listing of housing that is subsidized or also direct you on how to apply for section 8 as well.

http://www.hud.gov/apps/section8/results.cfm?city_name_text=COLUMBUS&county_name_te xt=&zip_code=&property_name_text=&client_group_typ e=Family&bedroom_two=true&maxrec=20&state_code=OH& statename=Ohio&start=21

Old 05-28-2008, 12:56 PM

3 posts, read 40,927 times
go to GOsection8.com - Section 8 Property Landlords Tenants List Find Rentals

Old 12-14-2009, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 25,480 times
I really wish this family the best in finding a house. I would like to thank the people who have posted to help this family. I am on this site because I am a community advocate and there is a great grandmother who has three children that she now has custody of and is looking for a 3 to 4 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms that accepts section 8. She is willing to accept a 2 bedroom if the house has a basement. She wishes to stay in the inner city because she has transportation problems. I will use this information to help this family and I wanted to once again thank you all for your help. It is hard to find good people who will go out of thier way to help others. Thank you!!!

Old 03-04-2012, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 12,089 times
I'm also a single mother with 5 kids who is in need of a house with 4 bedroom an 1.5 baths or 2 bath with a nice backyard an a good school district. I'm in need of it real soon so if you lovely people would please help I would really be thankful and blessed. Email me at [email]mbrogdon87@gmail.com[/email] Thank You

Old 03-09-2012, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 11,892 times
I am a mother of 2 and will be moving to the Columbus area. I do not wish to live inner city, but more on the outside (Gahanna, Reynoldsburg, Groveport, Canal Winchester). I am having a hard time finding affordable housing, possibly going by your income. I have searched some sites and will continue my search. I had plans to move the beginning of summer, but I havent found anything at this time. Im getting scared. The neighborhood must be safe and within a good school district meeting close to all markers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thx

Old 03-09-2012, 03:23 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,050,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keelanurse View Post
I am a mother of 2 and will be moving to the Columbus area. I do not wish to live inner city, but more on the outside (Gahanna, Reynoldsburg, Groveport, Canal Winchester). I am having a hard time finding affordable housing, possibly going by your income. I have searched some sites and will continue my search. I had plans to move the beginning of summer, but I havent found anything at this time. Im getting scared. The neighborhood must be safe and within a good school district meeting close to all markers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thx
Try Obetz. It's a growing area, relatively safe, on the outer end of Columbus, but still inside 270. Schools would probably be Columbus City, though.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:55 PM

43 posts, read 143,005 times
Default Transportation

Hello to everyone. To those who are moving here: you will need a car if you choose to live the suburbs. It will make getting around the city easier because buses that service the suburbs don't run very often. As for housing, the prior posts seem to be on the mark. I wish everyone well in their house hunting.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:54 PM

406 posts, read 1,431,177 times
Not trying to be funny but I wasn't even aware that there were any section 8 low income housing in "nice" areas. 9:10 they are in the hood like one I know of on 4th and 11th in the shortnorth...If they put that eye sore in a nice area of Columbus it would hurt the tourist industry and draw people away from the better neighborhoods because people that live in Hilliard, Dublin, Grandview, Upper Arlington etc dont wish to live near these areas, thats where they are now...another thing is if there was super cheap but really 'nice' section 8 place then everybody would want to move there and people that are paying 600, 700, even 800 in the surrounding areas would be like "look how nice it is and they pay how much? I want to move there"....then when they couldn't it would be discrimination, it would be unfair etc....I drive around all the time in nicer areas of the city and haven't seen any in those areas...sorry.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:57 PM

406 posts, read 1,431,177 times
Columbus is haves and have-not's so to speak and very segregated as far as neighborhoods between good and bad, black and white. Not trying to scare anybody but seriously ask a local...If you have money your in grand-view, valley-view, upper-Arlington, Dublin, etc. If you don't your in the Hill-top, The Bottoms, E. Livingston, Mt. Vernon, Cleveland Ave.. Parsons etc. or you're standing by the highway with a cardboard box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus