Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 02:21 PM

1,664 posts, read 4,366,184 times

Advertisements

I agree RVs are a nuisance, but I also see their practical side for folks who are on the road all the time and live out of them full time or use them for business. Got to be living high on the hog to afford fuel, let alone everything else. I'd just assume 'borrow' or rent one if I ever had to. But then again ....

... a co-worker was vacationing in Patagonia AZ last week and some friends rolled into the camping area in a borrowed Class C diesel pusher. It caught on fire and burned to the ground (nobody was hurt). Something about a propane/electrical issue.
Eddie & Sally's RV in Flames - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 02:39 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
I agree RVs are a nuisance, but I also see their practical side for folks who are on the road all the time and live out of them full time or use them for business. Got to be living high on the hog to afford fuel, let alone everything else. I'd just assume 'borrow' or rent one if I ever had to. But then again ....

... a co-worker was vacationing in Patagonia AZ last week and some friends rolled into the camping area in a borrowed Class C diesel pusher. It caught on fire and burned to the ground (nobody was hurt). Something about a propane/electrical issue.
Eddie & Sally's RV in Flames - YouTube
Eessh… worst nightmare, but it's a good thing they weren't on a boat.

I could invent a way to rotate and stabilize people videos after the fact and still deliver full frame/res video to them, I'd have enough money to buy a whole fleet of motorhomes. People: hold your cameras horizontally, and as still as you can, when in video mode, rotating and stabilizing them after the fact is neither trivial nor lossless.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:01 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
A TT makes much more sense to me. Better mileage and you don't have to figure out a way to get around once you park it. Some of those are 350k

Buy used!!

What are the taxes on a TT vs RV in CO?

Old 09-29-2016, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,653 times
Default Bob, yur wrong

Bob, you are not right. The reason people have a shocked look is because it's simply highway robbery. My 2017 , 25 foot camping trailer reg. Fees is 1400 dollars. My My 2016, 1900sq ft home property tax is 600 dollars. My friend just bought a new mercedes (weighs about what my trailer weighs), and was shocked his tax for reg fees were 1000 dollars. Realize that a car, unlike a camping trailer is on the road on a regular basis, unlike a trailer, which is unfrequently used on the road. There is no basis, or case for this theft from the DMV.

Old 10-05-2016, 11:47 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
If you can't afford it, don't do it.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:50 AM

268 posts, read 345,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro7 View Post
Bob, you are not right. The reason people have a shocked look is because it's simply highway robbery. My 2017 , 25 foot camping trailer reg. Fees is 1400 dollars. My My 2016, 1900sq ft home property tax is 600 dollars. My friend just bought a new mercedes (weighs about what my trailer weighs), and was shocked his tax for reg fees were 1000 dollars. Realize that a car, unlike a camping trailer is on the road on a regular basis, unlike a trailer, which is unfrequently used on the road. There is no basis, or case for this theft from the DMV.
There IS a need, our roads are terrible.

Raise the fees even more to get the roads widened and fixed up - more money always equals better things for us right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado