Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:23 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,486,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breaksraver13 View Post
My main complaint are dogs and there stupid ignorant owners.........I can't stand someone's dog coming over to my campsite smelling everything and pissing all over it.........Dog owners really need to be more responsible.
Would you mean a dog like Fergus?

YouTube - Funny budweiser commercials
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 02:14 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,237,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swcolorado View Post
My word of advice is...don't camp in a state park. There are plenty of areas in CO where you can go and camp in the National Forest or BLM land and you don't have to share the space
Great advice.

Some who camp in state parks probably think they're not obligated to cleaning up their campsite because they think that's why they paid a fee.

Yes, dogs can be a problem.

People can be a problem too when the park rules aren't followed. Some state parks do not allow alcohol consumption, but people break the rules.

I agree with you about BLM public lands and National Forests and Parks, less people use them because of the lack of bathroom facilities, but these lands are usually free to use, and definitely have very few campers.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:37 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,187,854 times
Why is blatant littering not yet punishable by death?

Old 07-08-2009, 05:43 PM

532 posts, read 1,568,679 times
THe problem is probably the when and the where. It was around the 4th i'm assuming, and it was a state park. These places are marked on maps and people usually have a 4th camping tradition. They scroll their sausage finger up a map and say "heres a campsite, lets stop by the liquor store on the way there". They go camping to take advantage of the lack of authority and to fool around. If you don't go on the big 'camping' holidays you'll probably experience less of this, but its still there. I don't like RV's either, but I did know some pretty cool RVers who worked with the forest service, they toured the country in it and managed campsites. I don't like state parks either, what that signifies for me is they dug a hole in the ground, filled it with water, planted some tree's, and dug out some fire rings, and made it an off-highway attraction. As a solution, if you have a camping tradition that you don't want to abandon just because some scumgrinders, I'd say pack light and head out further to non-obvious locations, find one that suits you that you could probably visit yearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado