Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2007, 08:20 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times

Advertisements

With apologies to Jonathan Swift; if you don't know who he is, check it out before reading this.

With the growth issue rearing its ugly head on this forum, I am submitting my own "modest proposal".

As of a predetermined date, all non-native Coloradans must leave the state. There will be no exceptions! If you give a non-native an inch, he/she will take a mile.

All non-native parents of minor children must leave. Orphanages will be established to care for the native children who are left behind. Parents will have the option of taking their children along, if the receiving state will accept them. This should not be a problem in some cities where population is declining and with it, school population. Pittsburgh comes to mind as one example.

Non-native married couples may go to either partner's native state, if it will accept both of them. Otherwise, they must separate and go to their individual states. A sort of "leper colony" will be established in Dinosaur, CO to house those who cannot find a state that will accept them. No marriage or procreation will be allowed at the penal colony!

All non-native educators must leave, as must all out of state students at all the colleges and universities. Never mind that out of state students at state colleges pay more than the cost of their education to subsidize the in-state students. Any increase in tuition will be more than welcome by the natives.

All non-native members of the Avalanche, Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, Rapids, Mammoth, and Crush teams must leave, as must any non-native coaches.
No native may bring an elderly non-native parent here to care for him/her in the final years, period! Health care providers will not be allowed an exception. Get out!

Come on, natives! We are all non-natives deep down. If it was OK for a young couple to come here in 1945 to start and raise a family, why wasn't it OK for my DH and I to do so in 1980, at the height of "native" hysteria? Why isn't it OK today? We have come, sometimes for a lifetime, sometimes for a short while. While here, we have paid taxes, volunteered in the schools, and dare I say it: helped make Colorado a better place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 11:41 AM

26,223 posts, read 49,079,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
...snip...Come on, natives! We are all non-natives deep down. If it was OK for a young couple to come here in 1945 to start and raise a family, why wasn't it OK for my DH and I to do so in 1980, at the height of "native" hysteria? Why isn't it OK today?
It is okay, so go, proliferate, prosper, proliferate some more....hurry....get busy....

Old 04-07-2007, 12:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
It is okay, so go, proliferate, prosper, proliferate some more....hurry....get busy....
I already did my share for society in that regard. It was meant as a joke! I hope people take it that way.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:57 PM

26,223 posts, read 49,079,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
I already did my share for society in that regard. It was meant as a joke! I hope people take it that way.
If anyone missed the joke, they don't belong here....

Thanks for doing your share....we took a raincheck knowing others would make up the difference.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:00 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,040,524 times
heehee
This is the part that especially cracks me up:
Quote:

All non-native members of the Avalanche, Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, Rapids, Mammoth, and Crush teams must leave, as must any non-native coaches.
Perish the thought!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado