Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 08:37 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,191,745 times

Advertisements

I used to live in Boulder in the early 90's and I'm very excited to be moving back to Colorado. My husband and I took a trip out last year so I could show him around and he fell in love with it. We've had our house on the market and are still waiting for it to sell. It's been a year (selling a house in Florida is really tough right now, especially where we live) but hopefully the market is turning around and it will sell soon. We can't wait to be in Colorado!

We were originally planning to move to Superior (because we can get much more house for the money than we can in Boulder or Louisville) but the more research we do the more Broomfield seems to be a better option. Can anyone tell me about any of these subdivisions: Highland Park South, Miramonte Farms, and Broomfield Highlands? I'm mainly interested in finding out about the immediate area in terms of walkable shopping and dining. Also, what kind of neighborhoods are they? Are the people friendly? Do people take pride in their homes (meaning no trash dumped outside people's houses and there's decent curb appeal)? Is there any real crime in these areas? We don't have kids so schools aren't a factor except in terms of resale value. We'd like to stick to the Boulder Valley school district for that reason - our realtor said that the BV school district is better for resale. Besides that and more importantly, we plan to spend the majority of our time in Boulder so we'd like to be in the areas closer to Hwy 36. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 05:51 PM

530 posts, read 2,627,764 times
When we were looking at houses, we really liked the Broadlands area of North Broomfield. You might want to look into it.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:20 PM

10 posts, read 57,059 times
My wife and I are moving from NY to Broomfield last week of June. We're closing on our home april 27th in Redleaf. We researched for many months and it just seemed like home for us.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:31 PM

4 posts, read 14,974 times
There are some fantastic neighborhoods east of 287 and west of Sheridan- kind of the Broomfield Country Club area, where there are some large homes that are 10-15 years old but in a very well kept neighborhood.
On the newer side is Aspen Creek. Anything that is south of 36 or 120th is going to be older, have more traffic, and likely to be more unkept.

Be aware that if you are looking at the public schools that Broomfield is split into two- Adams County Schools and Boulder Valley School District. All of the Broadlands is in Adams County Schools.

HTH

Old 04-12-2007, 10:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,966,390 times
Jessica92102:
Quote:
Be aware that if you are looking at the public schools that Broomfield is split into two- Adams County Schools and Boulder Valley School District. All of the Broadlands is in Adams County Schools.
Actually, Broomfield schools are in 4 or 5 school districts, Boulder Valley and Adams-12 being the two largest. Some southern Broomfield schools are in Jefferson Co and the NE part of town is in, I believe St. Vrain. I think part of Broomfield is in the Brighton district as well.

Jessica's advice is good. When looking at houses, always ask what school district it is in. Do not "assume".

Old 04-13-2007, 07:41 AM

698 posts, read 2,049,979 times
Default Suggestions

I agree Redleaf is a nice subdivision, reasonable prices for the most part and some fun house colors, and very close to the the brand new rec center in Broomfield and huge park system. I have a friend who lives there and she likes it.

As far as not finding the cookie cutter effect, the only place that doesn't look like that is Bradburn Village on the border between Broomfield and Westminster (120th ave between Sheridan and Federal). It's not at all like your standard suburban tract, so it's not for everyone, and prices are getting high, although you can find some good resales right now (new homes in here are ranging right now from the lowest at high 400s to over 1 mil, you can get nice resales though in the 300s).

The subdivision next to Bradburn is also nice (Weatherstone), but pretty much defines the "cookie cutter" subdivision idea-however, you do get a pretty good amount of sq footage for the price, and it's still close enough to the fun stuff in Bradburn to walk to it.

Broadlands is a nice area, but is very maze-like and not close really to anything. It really depends on what you are looking for in a neighborhood.

Best of luck in your search! All of Broomfield really is a nice area to live.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:15 PM

7 posts, read 45,871 times
I live in Broomfield and I can't think of many places that aren't cookie cutter houses. Most houses here are based on a couple designs and then just mirrored. There are a couple non-cookie cutter houses, but I've never seen them on the market.

Bradburn is nice. They have a nice "town square" with restaurants, salons, etc. Brandywine is nice too. A little less expensive than Bradburn and also just north of it. Broadlands and Redleaf are just north of Brandywine. Redleaf is more expensive than Brandwine and Broadlands are more expensive than Redleaf, in general. All of these areas have open space and are very close to the Paul Derda rec center (brand new). All of these areas are around Lowell and 120th (south-east corner ) to Sheridan and 144th (north-west corner). Broomfield goes further west and a little more north. South of 120th is Westminster (in fact, I think Bradburn might even be in Westminster) and east of Lowell is Westminster / Thornton.

Heading west of Main St, you start to get into houses that are much older. Brick built, smaller, etc. Still cookie cutter, but from a different time.

I enjoy Broomfield aside from the sprawl. Very nice place. Safe to walk around in and there are plenty of places to go (stores, open space, rec center, mall, restaurants). Denver and Boulder are 15 - 20 minutes away. Can see the mountains clear as day here. Good luck with your move.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:09 PM

115 posts, read 324,050 times
Default What is your price range?

Feel free to PM me - we are living in Ridview Heights subdivision - price range is $360s to $750s, we are on the lower end of that and we really love it. Lafayette areas across 287 were also consideration of ours. I didn't like the Broadlands. Redleaf is nicer than Broalands but really cookie cutter. I have heard about a new one that is pretty far north, I can't think of the name of it. Aspen Creek is near great school that is K-8. Schools in west Broomfield are Boulder Valley, others are Adams 8, that makes a huge difference.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:17 PM

50 posts, read 222,578 times
I live in Lac Amora myself. It's a very nice neighborhood, with pretty large houses. I first bought my house here for 170,000, but now it's up in the 300's. Very nice location, so it's not likely to change much. Schools here are Boulder County, and from what I've heard they're pretty good. The empty land you see is all open space (it extends almost to Flatirons Mall on the west side, all the way up to Northwest Parkway on the north, and to the other side of 287 on the east). Plenty of trails going through it, too. However, the houses are all "cookie cutter" design, with a few variations here and there. Lac Amora is a very nice neighborhood, but you might find it a bit expensive. What exactly are you looking for?

Old 05-05-2007, 10:05 PM

10 posts, read 57,059 times
Broomfield,
Any updates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado