Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 12:31 AM

18,054 posts, read 27,507,480 times

Advertisements

Took a few pics at the festival this year. Nothing spectacular. Actually got chased out by rain at the tail end of this thing on Sunday;

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 02:32 PM

802 posts, read 985,614 times
the crowd was, indeed, amiable as were the vendors. i was mesmerized standing near the roasting bins, watching the sizzling flakes fly and inhaling the aromas, especially when the bags of fresh chiles are dumped in to first meet the heat. enticed by all the juicy bags of chiles, savory little fresh donuts, and fry bread. the CSU jazz ensemble was pretty good, although hampered by limited rehearsal time. recorded a little of it on my dumb phone, but poor sun angle for pics. the concretized riverwalk was pleasant enough, even with the murky water (flood sediment?). like the shady benches under the overpasses when the breeze blows. wonder why the other side of the canal always looks better? will bring a rolling cooler next year, as others do. looking forward to a stroll through the neighborhood on a Sunday without the festival crowd to get a better look at the old building architecture. i don't know how you folks get such steady images with a tripod.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:31 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,487,893 times
It was a fun party. I had a few adult beverages so I wont show any of the pictures I took on my phone lol

Old 09-29-2015, 12:54 PM

Chile fest attendance set a new record. They were expecting 100,000 but it was actually 150,000! I was there Saturday night and here are two pictures I took.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:00 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,424,866 times
I forced myself not to go, I really did...I love that weekend there!
I just lost 16 pounds and I can not trust myself in the Beer Garden with some delicious food!
Also, was away for weeks and shouldn't spend money at the moment.

Thank you all so much for the photos...the effort should get all of you a rep from every person here, hint-hint.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:51 PM

Thx Miss H.

Had to miss it this year. Finally got my car back from my mechanic in Cañon City on Saturday and spent Sunday detailing and waxing it.

You can still get the Chiles on the Mesa though. I want to go to Gidones sometime and try those deep-fried chiles. I missed those when I was at the fair. Got to try them at least once, right?

Old 09-29-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thx Miss H.

Had to miss it this year. Finally got my car back from my mechanic in Cañon City on Saturday and spent Sunday detailing and waxing it.

You can still get the Chiles on the Mesa though. I want to go to Gidones sometime and try those deep-fried chiles. I missed those when I was at the fair. Got to try them at least once, right?
It was a lot of fun. We even went to Rio Bistro for dinner and I had the duck very good. Oh and some wine.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:08 AM

My dad and I had the Duck too. I thought the food was great but service was slow... which I could deal with. Wondering if it's always that way. The cook was the holdup the night we went, but the food was worth the wait.

Maybe after a couple glasses of wine, you might not notice this?

Old 09-30-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
My dad and I had the Duck too. I thought the food was great but service was slow... which I could deal with. Wondering if it's always that way. The cook was the holdup the night we went, but the food was worth the wait.

Maybe after a couple glasses of wine, you might not notice this?
That is what I was going to say lol. Especially when you are there to see the fest and are in a festive mood anyway.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:18 PM

If you ever wanted to know how the Pueblo Chile was developed read this:

Pueblo chile or Hatch chile? The debate heated up over the summer when Colorado Governor Jared Polis called Hatch chile from New Mexico inferior to Pueblo chile. This came after grocer Whole Foods Market announced that Pueblo chile would be sold exclusively in its Colorado, Idaho, Kansas and Utah stores.

Dr. Michael Bartolo, the man who developed the Pueblo chile, is thrilled with the Whole Foods opportunity for the Pueblo chile farmers. But the idea of Hatch chile being inferior to Pueblo chile? He shakes his head and says, “They are comparing apples and oranges. But it stimulates pride in the Pueblo chile. It’s more than a crop to the growers and the community. It is a cultural tradition.

The link: https://www.coloradocountrylife.coop...iOhej4gJIzO-ac
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado