Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:33 AM

3,074 posts, read 8,029,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoucowgirl View Post
My 1st reply; my 1st anything on here. Plz bear with me. Tao...Beautiful photos!!! Great color contrast, clarity, scenery. Those are my favorite kind of pics to take and look at! I live in Louisiana but love Colorado with all my heart. I leave a piece of it there every year when I drive thru there and stay sometimes. Don't blame any of you for being proud and boasting about living there. My children and I will be going to Colorado City in a few weeks to join my husband who is in Pueblo working. Can't wait to get there. I love the photos and posts? or are they called threads? (not sure). Keep them coming.
Same with me bayoucowgirl, its the very best. Btw I live in La also. you are so lucky!!! Take care and a rep for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 03:35 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,275,674 times
Beautiful pics and alot of nature to be appreciated in Colo city.

Since I'm more of a city boy, i won't be living there or visiting there unless I have to stop for gas while I'm riding on I-25.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:15 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
You should gas up on the south end of Pueblo at Pueblo Blvd as it would be cheaper, then you can just drive on through.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:02 PM

3 posts, read 10,227 times
This is the 1st chance I've had to get back on here and post. Thanks hdwell for the reply and rep. The "real" lucky ones are the people who "live" there. I can't wait to go and get out of this heat in La. My husband says Colorado City, which is where we will live during the job, is 10 degrees and more cooler than here. Also, Pueblo has a huge dirt track, so my son is excited about going and riding his dirt bike. Lots to do in Colorado. Not so much in north La. I hope you get to go to Colorado, too, very soon. Take care also.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:31 PM

3 posts, read 10,227 times
How are the schools in Colorado City & Rye? Carver Middle & Rye Elem? Good teachers, kids, football? My husb is on a job there & we will be joining him in a couple of weeks. Thanx for any info.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:17 AM

Craver Middle School and Rye HS served me pretty well. I went up to Metro State College of Denver after HS and got a degree in Electrical Engineering and should have probably stayed in Denver or moved out to the coasts, but... or even Louisiana in the late 80s early 90s, right?

So I live in Pueblo where degrees in my field are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine... Pretty much my own fault. I'm more into electronic manufacturing and did well with some medical mfg companies in the Denver Metro, but out here south of Civilization... aka Sprawl-a-lotta-Springs, it's tough. My brother has a small company and I do some work for him.

But if your husband has good work in Pueblo County, that's great. Colorado City and Rye is good for two things; retirement and raising kids.

I'm gonna link you to a nifty greenhorn cite here and some info on RHS that isn't... as encouraging as it used to be, as Rye's rank went down from 7 of 10 to 6 of 10, but read the comments the students and parents say about Rye's school, teachers, etc. here.

My parents live out in Colorado City and that's a big reason why I no longer live up in Denver.

There are no stop/traffic lights in Colorado City/Rye. Also no McDonalds, Walmarts, clothes shopping, movie theaters, bowling alleys, etc. But Pueblo is about 19 minutes to the north... if you drive like I do. The speed limit is 75 mph. Pueblo itself is an old town that has much character. If you need some real culture and good shopping, you're about an hour to Colorado Springs and about 2.5 hours to Denver.

Rye High School has very competitive boys and girls basketball teams, but lately, the football team has been the hot ticket. They are ranked 3rd in their state class (1A-11 man) now and lost in the semis last year to history rich Akron, 21-28, their only loss of the year. They lost a whole bunch of seniors from last year, so... I/we say this every year, but somehow Jeff Bailey gets them boys ready to play football, Jim Hale gets them boys ready to play b-ball, and I guarantee you that the new RHS Alumni and Girls' B-Ball coach Kyle Spencer, if he's still there, has been bringing the girls team back to playoff contention. They went 11-3 last season within their league in 3A ball. That's a school at about 250-270 students competing with teams as big as 500 students. But Rye is rich in tradition. There's a bunch of other sports too.

More Rye HS info here (http://www.district70.org/files//Rye%20High%2007_08.pdf - broken link).

Now... there's not too much to do in Rye/Colorado City... but if you're a golfer... wow! A nice 27-hole course, a decent grocery store, a beautiful year-round Mountain view... you're set.

Welcome, hope you enjoy Southern Colorado.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 757 times
Default Colorado City, Colorado

Hello All,

I have recently purchased land in Colorado City, CO and would like to get as much information as possible about the area. I intend to build there within the next 10 years and am looking forward to life away from the east coast. I've lived in PA, NJ, GA, CA, MD, VA at diffrent times for a few years at a stretch and won't mind being isolated a bit and having the mountains as semi distant neighbors. Is there already a post dedictaed to CCity? What items of interest would I need to be in the know about. I researched this area pretty well, but would like any info that anyone would like to shoot my way. Many of the posts address Pueblo and Co Springs, but does anyone have any info about CCity or the immediate surrounding areas? Crime, things to do, cost, area expansion, etc... Many thanks.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:46 AM

I've done several photo tours of Colorado City as I used to live and work there and my parents recently moved from there to be closer to us in Pueblo West.

In some of these threads you may pick up a little info and see others' post about it in here. Hope this helps a bit;

Here, and here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here...

Old 06-28-2013, 03:23 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,275,674 times
Looking at these photos somewhat brings a tear to my eye.

Just remembering how blessed i was to grow up in Colorado and stopped appreciating it. I moved away because I was young and wanted to see the other places more. Now looking at all these photos gets me a little heartbreak/emotional that I moved away from a place so picturesque.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado