Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 14,758 times

Advertisements

Hello I am moving to Vail in November with 2 other room mates and we are looking for housing. Any suggestions of apartment complexes in Vail? It needs to be close enough to the free bus stops as we will all be ski/snowboard instructors at the mountain. So far the only complex ive found is Middle Creek Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 09:32 AM

11,557 posts, read 53,214,278 times
Best ways to find rentals in Vail:

1) ads in "the Vail Trail" or "The Vail Daily" for rentals

2) contact the property management/realty companies directly in Vail. Many out of the area property owners depend upon local Vail management companies to act as their agents for long term rentals (6 months + term).

Best to be locating housing right now, as the seasonal rental market for this type of housing will be pretty much rented out by September ... or, at least, the "best deals" will be.

As long as you're looking at housing in the East Vail through West Vail corridor, you'll have good bus stop access anywhere, so no worries there. For the most part, the housing directly adjacent to a bus stop will be higher priced (and noisy) because of the convenience for short term rentals/tourists. So your better "deal" on housing might be a few minutes walk away from the bus stop, but that still should be OK.

"Downvalley" housing will be a bit less expensive, but you'll be looking at less frequent and convenient bus service to the transportation center in Vail. Still, this may be a very viable housing option for you, and worth looking at.

Good luck with your winter in Vail!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:59 PM

447 posts, read 1,607,524 times
I second the Vail Daily......they have a nice rental search engine on their page

Old 09-12-2010, 05:49 PM

5 posts, read 16,318 times
Smile Winter rentals in Vail

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowphreak View Post
Hello I am moving to Vail in November with 2 other room mates and we are looking for housing. Any suggestions of apartment complexes in Vail? It needs to be close enough to the free bus stops as we will all be ski/snowboard instructors at the mountain. So far the only complex ive found is Middle Creek Thanks!
=====================
Not many good alternatives, and none cheap- except lousy places, or very crowded (and lousy) employee housing (Ask Vail Resorts about Timber Ridge). Job as instructor does not guarentee much of an income- you may not really have any guarentee of hours/total income. You probably need 2nd job also. East Vail is cheaper, but hard to get onto the bus when you need to, and is colder, very long way to anything. West Vail much better. Eagle Vail and anywhere else outside Vail is NOT served by free bus of Vail. In West or East Vail, CHEAP 2 BR place will be about $1400/mo PLUS utilities for MIN 6 months. and might not even be near a bus. NICE 2 BR will cost you $ 2K/mo furnished incl utilities. NICE 3 BR will cost AT LEAST $ 2500/mo x 6 months BUT YOU WILL NOT GET IT by LONG DISTANCE- those deals are FEW and FAR BETWEEN and GONE immediately the day they are offered.

PLAN on spending more like $ 2500/mo x 7-8 months OR $ 3k x 6-7 months for a 3 BR place near a bus stop. Warning- all bus stops are NOT EQUAL. Red and Green are much better than Sandstone or Lionsridge Loop.

[ mod cut ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-12-2010 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: Advertising not allowed in these forums, though there is a Classified Ads forum you might use.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:15 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,688,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowphreak View Post
In the whole Vail Valley(which I include everything down to Edwards) there are more "condo" complexes than apartment complexes.

Unless you are a penniless college student or of like kind, I would avoid Timber Ridge no question about it(haven't heard what the latest is with that as it was supposed to be torn down or renovated) and I'd also avoid all the trailer parks in avon and edwards, plus Eagle Bend and Sunridge Phase 1 in Avon.

Mostly look in the Vail Daily as pretty much the public offerings of rentals will be listed there. A good guide to go on is about $600-$700 a month minimum per private bedroom for a reasonable place.

As long as you do a deal within the next six weeks you should have no problem securing a condo or home for rent.

Even though you would have to pay a small bus fare, I would not rule out Eagle Vail, Avon and Edwards in the lower Vail Valley. I have lived in Vail and all those 3 and personally I prefer being down valley, Edwards being my favorite spot/town.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 6,500 times
Hello I am moving to Vail in December 10th with and i am looking for housing. Any suggestions of apartment complexes in Vail or west vail or avon?

Old 10-13-2011, 04:18 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,065,257 times
The Vail Daily and Craigslist-High Rockies section are full of rentals right now.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:47 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,177,232 times
You must be well off?

The folks that I know who work for Vail Associates live in Minturn or as far a way as Leadvile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado