Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 PM

378 posts, read 829,670 times

Advertisements

Self employed, time flexible, can ski weekdays. What are the pros/cons of living in these areas besides being closest to the lifts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,055,938 times
Vail is in the center of the action and the tourists. West Vail, still the town of Vail has a little more personal space, marginally less pricey than Vail, just hop on the bus and you're in the village. Eagle-Vail is not in Vail, it's Avon, hop on the bus to get to the village or pay for parking. Less expensive than Vail proper, but not cheap.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:04 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,984,496 times
Wink At least two considerations

I have not checked this out thoroughly, but with the distinct impression that West Vail generally receives less sunlight than Vail. As in, you'll be in the shadows sooner as afternoon wanes. This may also apply in the mornings as well. Such things matter to some people, and if a concern then best to check around, as this will vary from spot to spot.

Personally, something that would concern me far more is all the racket of I-70 running as an arrow through the heart of Vail. This will affect West Vail as much, with nowhere in that relatively narrow canyon free of this as far as I know. Presumably you've made your peace with such things if contemplating locations in Vail. If preferring a little peace and quiet there may be places in Avon farther from that insult.

Otherwise, West Vail, if slightly remote, seems a rather lovely place.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:30 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,670,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idunn View Post
I have not checked this out thoroughly, but with the distinct impression that West Vail generally receives less sunlight than Vail. As in, you'll be in the shadows sooner as afternoon wanes. This may also apply in the mornings as well. Such things matter to some people, and if a concern then best to check around, as this will vary from spot to spot.

Personally, something that would concern me far more is all the racket of I-70 running as an arrow through the heart of Vail. This will affect West Vail as much, with nowhere in that relatively narrow canyon free of this as far as I know. Presumably you've made your peace with such things if contemplating locations in Vail. If preferring a little peace and quiet there may be places in Avon farther from that insult.

Otherwise, West Vail, if slightly remote, seems a rather lovely place.
Depends, if you are on the south facing slope in west vail, you will get some sun in the afternoon.

It's East Vail that gets really limited sun in winter and is more "isolated".

Depends where you live in West Vail, once you get away from the Frontage Roads, you really don't hear that much of I-70, especially if you live on the streets running up the mountain either on the north or south slope.

Eagle-Vail is basically residential with duplexes, condos and some detached homes. There is also one strip of commercial business on US 6. Weather is a wee bit better, but not much. A lot of Eagle Vail can be in shadow during winter.

Central Vail has a lot of expensive real estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado