Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 AM

401 posts, read 856,206 times

Advertisements

How is the real estate market in Denver area now?
Please PM with any news that you can pass on to me.

Thank you,

LaFrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawadvocate View Post
I move to Castle Rock from South FL in June 08. For all those thinking about moving from South FL, it is a decision you will never regret. Here are the benefits:

* Great weather - no humidity
* More sun here than in South FL
* A lot more to do outdoors
* Very clean city in comparison
* Crime appears non-existent- at least in Castle Rock
* People are at least semi-friendly
* good public transportation
* views everywhere
* great place to raise a family
* cost of living is MUCH cheaper, I mean not even close. Whoever said Denver is more expensive must have lived in the ghetto in South FL. Utilities are much cheaper, gas is cheaper, car insurance is cheaper, you will laugh at how cheap home insurance is, property taxes are laughably cheap also in comparison, housing is cheaper in general- you get a LOT more house for the same money and you may even be able to afford a house with a yard.

Feel free to drop me an email if you want some further insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 10:28 AM

261 posts, read 705,954 times
We just relocated from Littleton to South Florida. I'm originally from NC and just never could get used to Denver weather and the dry plains landscape, among other things. That's what's great about the US, though, something for everybody.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:46 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,800,964 times
Although I love Colorado, the desert and brownness isn't exactly my cup of tea either. My preference would be more green, but without the dreary rain of the Pacific NW. I keep thinking there's got to be a happy medium somewhere. A place with a tolerable number of rainy days and without the sweltering summer humidity of the South.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksmith76 View Post
We just relocated from Littleton to South Florida. I'm originally from NC and just never could get used to Denver weather and the dry plains landscape, among other things. That's what's great about the US, though, something for everybody.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:51 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,500,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Although I love Colorado, the desert and brownness isn't exactly my cup of tea either. My preference would be more green, but without the dreary rain of the Pacific NW. I keep thinking there's got to be a happy medium somewhere. A place with a tolerable number of rainy days and without the sweltering summer humidity of the South.
California Central Coast maybe?

Old 09-15-2009, 02:22 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,025,440 times
80skeys wrote:
Though not quite as sunny as most place in Colorado, the 2 places below are greener than most of Colorado and not nearly as humid as the eastern US and Canada, nor nearly as rainy as the Pacific Northwest.

Coeur d'Alene Idaho receives about 26 inches of annual precipitation.

Ashland Oregon receives about 20 inches of annual precipitation

Old 09-15-2009, 03:46 PM

I was thinking that or northern CA. I haven't spent much time in either place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
California Central Coast maybe?

Old 09-15-2009, 03:47 PM

Excellent. Thanks for listing these. I'll have to visit them sometime.
Isn't Cor d'Alene very cold in the winter, though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
80skeys wrote:
Though not quite as sunny as most place in Colorado, the 2 places below are greener than most of Colorado and not nearly as humid as the eastern US and Canada, nor nearly as rainy as the Pacific Northwest.

Coeur d'Alene Idaho receives about 26 inches of annual precipitation.

Ashland Oregon receives about 20 inches of annual precipitation

Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 AM

Will be lloking to move (hopefully) within the next year.
Have done some minor research and was looking at the following areas:
Lakewood, Arvada, Wheat Ridge. Possibly: Louisville.
Not real sure how the IT job market is in Denver.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

LaFrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
too vague. too wide of a geographic area.

specifics help.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:05 PM

Will be looking to move (hopefully) by end of 2010.
Can anyone give me some ideas of nice family-oriented places within 25 miles of Downtown Denver or PM with some search training as I am starting to learn more and more how to use City-Data.
Not real sure how the IT job market is in Denver. Here in Tampa, the legal field is big for IT jobs.
Would Denver be the same or will IT be available in other markets? If so, what other markets should I be looking into?

Thanks in advance,

LaFrench

Old 09-29-2009, 02:15 PM

286 posts, read 640,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFrench View Post
Will be looking to move (hopefully) by end of 2010.
Can anyone give me some ideas of nice family-oriented places within 25 miles of Downtown Denver or PM with some search training as I am starting to learn more and more how to use City-Data.
Not real sure how the IT job market is in Denver. Here in Tampa, the legal field is big for IT jobs.
Would Denver be the same or will IT be available in other markets? If so, what other markets should I be looking into?

Thanks in advance,

LaFrench

Since you are learning more and more how to use City Data you should stop asking to have your responses PM'd... there are others that may be interested in the responses either now or in the future... If your information was PM'd then the whole point of this board is lost.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado