Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 08:22 AM

40 posts, read 76,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Not a ton of currently active forum members from city of Pueblo. There are plenty of past threads though that might answer some of your questions. Opinions from insiders, nearby and former residents and outsiders.

Hope you get some current feedback as well.

Top couple of links here https://www.google.com/search?q=pueb...obile&ie=UTF-8
on local table top gamers. Might find digital gamers among them.

Look into neighborhood level crime data before you buy. Can find some discussion of topic if you load search words for Pueblo and crime.

Some people prefer Pueblo West for style of house, land and other reasons.

There might be newspaper / magazine articles, Facebook groups of relevance for cannabis industry in Pueblo.
Theres no active members because they get chased out of here by certain individuals who want to shape a certain narrative about Pueblo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2022, 05:56 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra_lioness View Post
Theres no active members because they get chased out of here by certain individuals who want to shape a certain narrative about Pueblo.
I just get busy...

Old 04-29-2022, 04:32 PM

185 posts, read 461,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Josseppie mentioned Beulah for hiking, but he always forgets the area west of Colorado City called Rye, San Isabel, and the Bishops Castle area for some awesome trailheads.

Pueblo West by the reservoir has some pretty good bike trails and those go a bit through town and are hopefully improving as time goes on. We have a nice little kayak park in town between the Union Historic District and the Mesa Junction area too. We have CSUP or CSU Pueblo University and PCC Pueblo Community College too.

In Pueblo, when it comes to housing, there are some diamonds in the rough. If it was me, and I wanted to buy a pad in Pueblo proper, and could afford it, I'd look around El Camino, other places around west of Northern but way west of the Blvd, all around St Clair and south of that golf course by streets like Amherst and the "collegiate" named streets, maybe Aberdeen, up by Eagle Ridge for new housing, maybe some places near Belmont and up around Walking Stick but not too close to East High School, the Mesa, parts of Pueblo West. There's a few nice properties here and there near Parkview Hospital and over by Mesa Junction perhaps. I'd stay away from Bessemer and the lower east side, the west side as you go west of the State Hospital, but some nice places by Centennial High School.

Those are some of my opinions.

Good luck.
I just missed out on a Harvard ave place, but it turned me off initially due to the street parking. We only have one car, but we've never gone without even a small drive or spot off the street. But damn it was cute. We virtual toured a few places in Bessemer area, and even offered on one that needed some work still, but the listing agent/seller didn't mention the solar panels, which, are a good aspect...if they didn't come with $22k in debt. The fricken neighbor told my agent about them. Couldn't see them at all from the property. We ask about the state of the roofing on every showing. I don't know how legal it is to hide something like that, but we backed out. They wouldn't even budge on haggling it. The place needed to have electrical set up for a full fridge among other things. The whole deal made me feel gross. Anywho.

We're offering on a much smaller property than we hoped for, but has a good sized yard, and a driveway to park in. Yardwise, I don't care if it's dirt, it's Colorado, I believe turf to be a waste of precious water. But to each their own ... til the water runs out I guess. But it's around Centennial High according to our agent. There's another place with strange listing and the agent can't seem to get a hold of the agent, so we'll likely lose to a bidding war on that one anywho. But my eyes are peeled.

We'll 100% check those areas out. We have lived in CO before and appreciate the lesser known trails, we've driven through RMNP for our honeymoon, and it was beautiful no doubt, but the crowdsss... there's so much more to Colorado than the main tourism areas, and we've driven the 13+ hours from Iowa to do them multiple times happily. It'll be fantastic to only drive 1-6 hours to wherever in-state. Also looking forward to kayaking actually! We haven't bought one/two yet due to moving frequently, but having a house will give us a secure (enough) place to store em.

We've also yet to check out the sand dunes there! We've only been to White Sands in NM.

Thank you for your detailed info!

Old 04-29-2022, 09:14 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra_lioness View Post
Maybe the OP can start a thread for you called, Let's Bash Pueblo. Then the other 5 Colorado posters can weigh in on something besides how bad the traffic and homeless sucks up the Front Range and how Colorado is still not the place to move to.

The rest of your Colorado threads look pretty barren to me lately.

Old 05-01-2022, 05:16 PM

185 posts, read 461,318 times
Quote:
Maybe the OP can start a thread for you called, Let's Bash Pueblo. Then the other 5 Colorado posters can weigh in on something besides how bad the traffic and homeless sucks up the Front Range and how Colorado is still not the place to move to.

The rest of your Colorado threads look pretty barren to me lately.
I can bash any town I have lived in, but I likely won't start a thread. I will 100% fuel a fire already started though.

So uh, I know water is a thing in the desert. Historic droughts n whatnot happenin'. Let's say the last prop I put an offer on has enough yard to throw 2-4 greenhouses in the backyard. I'm only aspiring to one, but it's a good yard, ya know. The kind a medium to large sized dog would tire themselves out in. The house is tiny as f-, and overpriced, but the market... now, this greenhouse I want to have, will contain tomatoes, bell peppers, among other salad and stew ready veg. I've been attempting to dig the city site for info on it, but don't see anything that would stop me from having this in my yard.

I will not be having an HOA, so there's that blessing. Any issues anyone knows of in regards to this endeavor?

Old 05-01-2022, 05:28 PM

8,498 posts, read 8,790,853 times
https://www.pueblo.us/1933/Marijuana-Information

If applicable...

"An accessory structure may be used for growing marijuana with the following regulations:

Must not be any larger than 150 contiguous Sq. Ft."

"Must not be detectable from outside by odor, sight or sound."

"Pueblo Municipal Code expressly prohibits the use of a greenhouse to grow either medical or recreational marijuana."

More restrictions enumerated therein.

Other regulations on greenhouse size / location, etc. regardless of crops.

Better check on legality of water use beyond "domestic use".

County regs:
https://county.pueblo.org/planning-a...ry-regulations Applicable info toward the bottom.

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-01-2022 at 06:12 PM..

Old 09-01-2023, 12:04 PM

1,951 posts, read 2,298,854 times
I have not heard from Josseppie in a long time does he still post on here about Pueblo ?

Old 09-05-2023, 08:47 AM

8,498 posts, read 8,790,853 times
His latest posts were about 15 months ago but his most recent login was just 2 months ago.

Old 09-05-2023, 10:42 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Josseppie and I actually live here so, we know what it's like to actually live here.

We do have crime.

Some folks like to key on that when talking about Pueblo. It seems to me CoSprings up the Front range throughout Denver and all the way up to Fort Collins has crime too.

We learn to live with and amongst it. I stay away from the bars on Northern after 11:59 pm and stuff like that. It seems to work for me.

Pueblo is a financially depressed area and a good percentage of its citizens are at poverty level. But if you have a decent job, it goes a tiny bit further here than perhaps up the "Front Range".

I don't worry about teen pregnancy as my wife and I are without kids, on purpose. Birth control is interesting to some, but some in town are not Recovered Catholics such as I and ignorance can be passed on yada yada.

Xfinity and all that, probably pretty easy to get in parts of Pueblo. If you want to go to Pueblo West for newer and potentially better housing with a bit of land as well, you may want to consider the side north of Hwy 50. South of 50 is icky around Purcell but gets nicer as you get towards the Reservoir and west, but things are underground there and their ain't no coax in some areas.

Yes, we have disc golf at that park near Thatcher or Goodnight and just east of the Bvld, Pueblo Blvd.

Josseppie mentioned Beulah for hiking, but he always forgets the area west of Colorado City called Rye, San Isabel, and the Bishops Castle area for some awesome trailheads.

Pueblo West by the reservoir has some pretty good bike trails and those go a bit through town and are hopefully improving as time goes on. We have a nice little kayak park in town between the Union Historic District and the Mesa Junction area too. We have CSUP or CSU Pueblo University and PCC Pueblo Community College too.

We have a bunch of dispensaries in Pueblo West and now a certain amount in Pueblo proper and don't forget "The Mesa". I don't imbibe myself anymore because I'm a recovered alcoholic who's found a different but spiritual path, yet my stomach growls when I smell the strong bud while driving by or anywhere near a grow in Pueblo West. I never disliked the smell of the unsmoked product. Pueblo County is not the only game in town wrt that obviously.

In Pueblo, when it comes to housing, there are some diamonds in the rough. If it was me, and I wanted to buy a pad in Pueblo proper, and could afford it, I'd look around El Camino, other places around west of Northern but way west of the Blvd, all around St Clair and south of that golf course by streets like Amherst and the "collegiate" named streets, maybe Aberdeen, up by Eagle Ridge for new housing, maybe some places near Belmont and up around Walking Stick but not too close to East High School, the Mesa, parts of Pueblo West. There's a few nice properties here and there near Parkview Hospital and over by Mesa Junction perhaps. I'd stay away from Bessemer and the lower east side, the west side as you go west of the State Hospital, but some nice places by Centennial High School.

Those are some of my opinions.

Good luck.
I still post here, going on 17th year to be exact.

Still enjoying Pueblo West.

WRT Frisbee Golf, there's a tribute to an old now deceased friend of mine, Darren Butcher, in Colorado City Colorado...

https://udisc.com/courses/darren-memorial-nhvA/photos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado