Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2022, 08:15 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

With all of their flaws, I'll stick with Southwest and American as much as possible.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 02:18 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,882,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
On a related note, Frontier announced they're looking to expand their presence at DIA, and they'll do it by constructing a new ground-level addition to Concourse A. That's right kids, fly Frontier and you get to board outdoors. That'll be a real hoot in a blizzard or a hailstorm.
So I'll get to do more of it since United already requires me to do it when flying on smaller planes.

I do think Frontier is being ridiculous though. Maybe it does speed up boarding slightly as they claim but the PR from this they had to know was not good. Still its all about dollars and cents, I don't ever see a Frontier flight go more than 20% empty out of DEN. I have seen plenty of those in the last six months on Southwest and United.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:18 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,974,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
On a related note, Frontier announced they're looking to expand their presence at DIA, and they'll do it by constructing a new ground-level addition to Concourse A. That's right kids, fly Frontier and you get to board outdoors. That'll be a real hoot in a blizzard or a hailstorm.
Burbank and Long Beach airports are like this in SoCal and those two have the highest prices among all the airports in SoCal. It's kind of cool to board and deplane this way, in a retro vibe kind of thing. I never exited the plane from the rear before but do it all the time if I fly through Burbank. But yeah, yall deal with much more hazardous weather up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
With all of their flaws, I'll stick with Southwest and American as much as possible.
I do Delta/United and sometimes Southwest. American just never impresses me and I always get a crap plane, plus their first class crew leaves some to be desired. United and Delta's first class crew are always good, but Delta gets the nod for having better planes on average. For Southwest, I just like picking my seat ahead of time and knowing where I'll be.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:46 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,321,806 times
I know little about the airline industry but I guess those airlines are worse than Southwest.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:53 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,882,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I know little about the airline industry but I guess those airlines are worse than Southwest.
It all comes down to price. Comparing airlines without considering costs is meaningless. Those who complain loudest about Frontier are like regular Whole Foods shoppers telling us how they would never go to a Dollar General store.

Old 04-07-2022, 04:18 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,298,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Burbank and Long Beach airports are like this in SoCal and those two have the highest prices among all the airports in SoCal. It's kind of cool to board and deplane this way, in a retro vibe kind of thing.
In Europe, it's not uncommon at major airports such as Frankfurt. Bus takes you waaay out on the tarmac to the plane.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:24 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,832,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
I hope the pilots factor that into their fuel calculations
It's not so much that (unless they're "close.")

But, what can be a factor are the microscopic cracks in the wing spars. Getting bigger and bigger with each and every flexion...

Old 04-07-2022, 05:35 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
If I can’t fly first class, which I can’t, then just get me where I’m going as cheaply and safety as possible. I am just as uncomfortable on United or American as i am on one of the cheaper ones. The feeling of being hurded cattle to the slaughter is only a few hours.

Old 05-02-2022, 02:16 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Merger may be off the table, per a NY Times article today.

Excerpt:

"Spirit Airlines on Monday rebuffed an acquisition offer from JetBlue Airways, saying regulators were unlikely to approve the proposal. In a letter to JetBlue, Spirit executives said they had determined that JetBlue’s acquisition offer, which was updated on Friday, would be unlikely to secure regulatory approval as long as that airline’s recently announced partnership with American Airlines was in effect. The Justice Department and several states have sued to block that alliance, arguing that it is anticompetitive, and JetBlue has said it will not abandon the partnership."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-04-2022, 06:39 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,665,428 times
As log on they stay cheap, I don't care who they merge with. I fly Frontier often from East Coast to Colorado. The only thing I'm sensitive to is price and can care less about added frills. I once flew first class just to compare, and to this day, I say that was the biggest waste of money ever. Frontier is not luxury but it's cheap and that's what's important to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado