Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 06:57 PM

8 posts, read 37,518 times

Advertisements

HI, I lived in Colorado Springs back in 88-91 and now I want to come back. I live in Michigan and it really sucks. I don't know if I want to live in Colorado springs again, where is a good place to live? I have 2 kids 5 and 2 yrs. I'm going to massage school now and will be done in a year and my husband has his own heating and cooling business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2006, 07:09 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
We've been in the Springs for 1.5 years. I think you'd do well here or most anywhere in the state, especially along the Front Range. Probably the biggest factor will be how much house you can afford or rent you can pay. All areas here along the I-25 corridor seem to be growing, you should be able to grow a business. We have a great massage facility here in the Briargate area called Toccare. For realtor.com searches, use zip code 80920.

s/Mike

Old 12-28-2006, 09:51 PM

648 posts, read 2,940,004 times
If you move to the Springs, I could use a good massage! You can look on www.gazette.com and they have job postings on there. Moster.com maybe too, not sure about that one. Good luck, bashep

Old 12-29-2006, 06:24 AM

7 posts, read 22,180 times
melis71 HI, I lived in Colorado Springs back in 88-91 and now I want to come back. I live in Michigan and it really sucks. I don't know if I want to live in Colorado springs again, where is a good place to live? I have 2 kids 5 and 2 yrs. I'm going to massage school now and will be done in a year and my husband has his own heating and cooling business.

Melis71, I'm thinking of moving to CO springs. Any reasons why you wouldn't want to move back there. Honesty is appreciated. I've never been there and would like to know.

thanks,
kb

Old 12-29-2006, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
We've been in the Springs for 1.5 years. I think you'd do well here or most anywhere in the state, especially along the Front Range. Probably the biggest factor will be how much house you can afford or rent you can pay. All areas here along the I-25 corridor seem to be growing, you should be able to grow a business. We have a great massage facility here in the Briargate area called Toccare. For realtor.com searches, use zip code 80920.

s/Mike
Thanks Mike. I would like to keep the price around 250,000 3 bedrooms, 2 bath and a basement, I hope. I was just looking at the schools over there found 2 that had really good ratings. Is it all subdivisions? I would like some property not a lot I just don't want to be on top of my neighbor.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblalock View Post
melis71 HI, I lived in Colorado Springs back in 88-91 and now I want to come back. I live in Michigan and it really sucks. I don't know if I want to live in Colorado springs again, where is a good place to live? I have 2 kids 5 and 2 yrs. I'm going to massage school now and will be done in a year and my husband has his own heating and cooling business.

Melis71, I'm thinking of moving to CO springs. Any reasons why you wouldn't want to move back there. Honesty is appreciated. I've never been there and would like to know.

thanks,
kb
No reason at all. I lived near the airport and I was near Fort Carson I just don't want to be in that area again. A lot of people are moving to Colorado and I don't blame them I cant wait untill I'm there. melis.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:38 AM

226 posts, read 1,369,429 times
The entire front range has changed a lot since 1991 and prices have gone was up also. If you have not been here recently I would highly recommend that you take a trip out to help refine your search. You and your husband are fortunate enough to work in industries that allow you to live almost anywhere in the state. In addition to not being on top of your neighbors what is important to you in a house and community?

Old 12-29-2006, 10:26 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melis71 View Post
Thanks Mike. I would like to keep the price around 250,000 for a 3-BR/2-BA and a basement, I hope. I was just looking at the schools over there found 2 that had really good ratings. Is it all subdivisions? I would like some property not a lot I just don't want to be on top of my neighbor.
According to realtor.com, there are 69 SFH's in 80920 with at least 3-BR/20BA +basement and all are in D-20. If you go up to $275, there are 98 listings, point is that houses listed at up to $259k can almost certainly be had for $250k in the current market, which somewhat favors buyers at this point due to so many homes on the market. Lot sizes tend to 1/6 to 1/4 acre, so you would be fairly close, and all are in sub-divs.

East of town about 6-10 miles is Peyton, a flatter, more prairie-like area. Out there you can get a home on 20+ acres for $180k to $250k. Search on zip 80831. Ones with acreage may be modular homes. Most homes out there lack basements. You'd have lots of room, but would not be in the D20 school area.

I'm not a realtor. Any good realtor can sort it all out for you, no matter which part of the state you choose. Myself, I think $ for $ you cannot beat Colorado Springs. The whole north end of town is simply wonderful, nothing like the older, more crowded south side near Fort Carson.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:57 PM

5 posts, read 24,188 times
I live in Grand Junction, (western slope) and we do not get nearly as much snow over here as they do on the eastern slope. The price range you are looking for, in a house, is perfect for this area, there are a ton of starter home subdivisions going in and a ton of areas with acreage as well. You would really love it here. And we definitely need more massage therapists here.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
According to realtor.com, there are 69 SFH's in 80920 with at least 3-BR/20BA +basement and all are in D-20. If you go up to $275, there are 98 listings, point is that houses listed at up to $259k can almost certainly be had for $250k in the current market, which somewhat favors buyers at this point due to so many homes on the market. Lot sizes tend to 1/6 to 1/4 acre, so you would be fairly close, and all are in sub-divs.

East of town about 6-10 miles is Peyton, a flatter, more prairie-like area. Out there you can get a home on 20+ acres for $180k to $250k. Search on zip 80831. Ones with acreage may be modular homes. Most homes out there lack basements. You'd have lots of room, but would not be in the D20 school area.

I'm not a realtor. Any good realtor can sort it all out for you, no matter which part of the state you choose. Myself, I think $ for $ you cannot beat Colorado Springs. The whole north end of town is simply wonderful, nothing like the older, more crowded south side near Fort Carson.
Hi mike, thanks for all the info. melis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado