Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 08:19 AM

11,475 posts, read 11,655,706 times

Advertisements

First, I applaud you for making a move for yourself and your family if you think the place you currently live is not a good solution. It takes courage to do this.

I have been making a lot of trips to STL for work recently and definitely don't think I could live there. I tease Colorado Springs for being a bit backward (home of Focus on the Family, anti tax, conservative, military town), but I would take it over STL any day of the week. I think any city on the front range will be an upgrade.

I have a black friend who is married to a white woman with 4 kids who moved here from Las Vegas 4 or 5 years ago. Employment has been a little tough because our industry is not as prevalent in Colorado as it is in Nevada, but despite the jobs stuff that he has worked through, he tells me it has been very worth it for his family. He could never see going back to Vegas. He settled in Highlands Ranch, a southern suburb of Denver.

Best of luck. Definitely do what you can to line job stuff up as early as possible.

Just as a note, the "live and let live" spirit does not apply to the Focus on the Family folk down in the Springs. They want to legislate their religion on all of us.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 03-01-2015 at 08:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 01:07 PM

18,739 posts, read 33,574,599 times
I read somewhere that FOF claimed that "2,000 lesbian witches left Colorado Springs when FOF came in."

Bless their hearts. All of 'em.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:47 PM

694 posts, read 1,045,802 times
Just remember, you were here on a Colorado vacation. Of course, you would find it very attractive. You didn't have to get up every morning and think about work and sitting in traffic and thinking about that next rent payment.

If you move here, it will be Colorado reality (traffic, searching for a job, high cost of living, et al.)

Good luck. I truly hope you find Nirvana here.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:10 PM

242 posts, read 416,544 times
He's a "Show Me" kinda guy...even if he wants the fook out of there ASAP. Sounds to me like he'll make it just fine here in CO with his drive and determination. All he has to do is remember how bad MISERY sucks and the nowhere of it all and he'll figure out a way to stay...just as we did over 30 years ago.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:17 AM

462 posts, read 1,178,670 times
Careful. It's always dangerous to make important decisions when you are love drunk. Everyone is warning you about the COL for a reason. Bring twice as much money as you think you'll need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthmetal View Post
... I'm not worried about finding a job once I receive my cert because ...
You should be. The Springs is a military town and you'll be competing for work as a trainer with buff, torn-up ex-military guys and gals. Consider expanding your search area along the front range, all the way up to Fort Collins. Greeley usually flies under the radar on this forum but it has a university (University of Northern Colorado - Bringing Education to Life - Greeley Colorado) and may be slightly cheaper than areas closer to Denver.

It's horrible being stuck in the wrong life. I hope you make it out. GL and welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado