Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 04:50 PM

174 posts, read 255,679 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
I posted this in the California Forum, and thought why not post here since Colorado is leading the way for people who suffer chronic pain, with advancments in the THX, Medical Cannabis or Medical Marijuana.

My little brother suffers from chronic pain for many years and it kills me to see him laying in bed unable to sleep due to sever pain. He is almost giving up with thoughts of suicide. He is only 47 years of age. He tried Medical Cannabis on a trip to California last year and his pain was completely gone for days after just eating some food injected with THC. He is currently living in Florida but can live anywhere because he has a large inheritance, but he loves Florida. He has considered relocating to California, Colorado and New Mexico with California the leading choice because of lived out there once in the 1980s.

My little brother is a chill, great guy and 100% financially indpendent. He enjoys nature, peace and quiet, helping others and volunteering with abused, rescued Animals. His goal is to open a no kill Farm for abused and abandoned Animals. He especially loves Cats.

Please give me some suggestions how I can help my dying little brother.

Thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 06:59 PM

3,606 posts, read 9,072,174 times
Marijuana is legal for personal consumption in Colorado and Washington, he does not need a medical card to purchase it in either place. In Colorado he can choose to have a medical card which will afford him a different tax structure and access to strains that are tailored to be more medicinal.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:31 PM

Thanks but where in Colorado is recommended for him to live? City recommendation for a 47 year old single man who enjoys peace and quiet, nature, animals, sports, warm weather? He loves Florida but cannot get legal Medical Cannabis there. He wants to stay within the Law. He's never been arrested.

Thx.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:42 PM

26,241 posts, read 49,134,708 times
IMO stick to the Denver metro area which has lots of dispensaries and recreational MJ outlets.

Sounds like he's independently wealthy, so rather than start his own animal rescue why not work for one that's already here so he can learn the area and local laws, etc, then branch out on his own once he figures out where the needs are greatest.

Winters here can be quite cold at times, but lots of sun and dry air makes it feel rather comfortable.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:32 PM

California vs Colorado in terms of day to day living, quality of life?

Old 06-17-2014, 05:48 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,121,228 times
Isn't legal cannibals on the ballot in FL this November? If he loves FL, he should hold out and see if it passes.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:11 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,109,328 times
In day to day living and quality of life, Colorado is better if you don't mind cold winters and do not desire to use public transit. Public transit is more readily available throughout California. However, in your first post you stated he enjoys "nature, peace, and quiet". Peace and quiet are much easier to find in Colorado than California. Nature can be found in either place, so long as you aren't looking at something like downtown LA.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:16 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,434,559 times
Gee, wish u could come here to CO and drive back with cookies
for him...
But, I hear they can stop people looking for just that.
It just isn't right that he should be in pain.

For a quiter place...Col Springs and Pueblo and the surrounding areas
....Manitou Springs will have their building finished
soon for recreational...but a permit/license isn't had to get for $35 plus a doc's perscription.
It is so much cheaper that way and the dispensaries 'might' be more knowledgeable as to
what strain would be good for his needs. Not sure.
Good luck

Old 06-17-2014, 10:45 AM

Much appreciated all the great ideas. Just knowing he has options to get Medical Cannabis is half the battle. Please keep the good advice coming!

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom

Old 06-17-2014, 06:02 PM

Recommendations please of private MM vendors, freelancers who have no problems shipping to Florida? Please private message me. Thx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado