Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 PM

4 posts, read 5,469 times

Advertisements

I got a ticket yesterday for going 70 in a 55, the njmcdirect website which was listed on the back of the ticket says its 4 points for going 15 over the speed limit, so i wanted to know do those points apply for my Colorado license? And also it says i have to appear in court cuz i accidentally gave the cop an expired insurance card, and on the court date ill be back home in denver... So am i gonna have to pay a few hundred $ to go the court in nj for a stupid ticket?
Thx alot guys, I hope someone can help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,877,389 times
Yes the points apply in Colorado. As for how to handle an expired insurance card call up the court and ask what you can do. Those situations are handled differently by every jurisdiction around here so what we could tell you might not apply in NJ. There are some courts which refuse to allow you to change the dates and demand you show up in them. What happens quite often is people just ignore it and end up getting a bench warrant meaning if you get pulled over in that particular state in the future you will be arrested on the spot and dragged into court.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:46 AM

They said I can plead not guilty if I show up at court and show them a valid insurance card I might do that I'm in Maryland now not a new Jersey so it will be a little bit complicated

Old 06-12-2013, 09:10 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,821 times
I see people get pulled over almost every night at a speed trap near my house. I cheer each time I see the lights because they are getting people that were going way too fast

You can avoid these tickets entirely by driving at a speed equal to the number you see posted next to the road. It's a square white sign with black numbers

Old 06-18-2013, 06:05 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryehzev View Post
They said I can plead not guilty if I show up at court and show them a valid insurance card I might do that I'm in Maryland now not a new Jersey so it will be a little bit complicated
You will still get a large fine for not having the insurance card with you when you were pulled over. Not as large as the fine you will get for not having it at all, but large none the less. NJ takes the insurance thing really seriously. I think they even consider it worse than not having your driver's license with you. When it happened to me, I showed up in court with the proof that I was insured, and it still cost me roughly $300.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:00 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
I see people get pulled over almost every night at a speed trap near my house. I cheer each time I see the lights because they are getting people that were going way too fast

You can avoid these tickets entirely by driving at a speed equal to the number you see posted next to the road. It's a square white sign with black numbers
Nice cape Captain Obvious.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:27 AM

O, thats gonna suck... The thing is it was in the car i just didn't know where till later since it was a friend's car

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-19-2013, 11:39 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Nice cape Captain Obvious.
It seemed obvious to me, but from the looks of it someone was paying several hundred dollars for forgetting. Therefore, a reminder must have been in order

Old 06-26-2013, 03:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,294 times
zhsjsgdshsjsjhxhdkzjshshxgxggb

Old 06-26-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsahu020 View Post
zhsjsgdshsjsjhxhdkzjshshxgxggb
Wtf?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado