Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 08:58 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,974,761 times

Advertisements

^^^

Well, I imagine the answer lies between the two extremes. It's a lot easier if you do have a valid driver's license from another state at least, rather than nothing but a sheepish grin and "Yeah, I lost it AGAIN!" I think I'm single handedly keeping the Kentucky department of vital statistics going with the fees for all my official birth certificate requests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 04:17 PM

16,427 posts, read 22,261,098 times
He was born in Kenya wasn't he?

Old 06-16-2013, 08:05 PM

17,744 posts, read 30,005,220 times
Default So to be "not illegal"

Graham predicts 'breakthrough' passage of immigration bill with over '70 votes' - The Hill's Video

Aztlán - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-16-2013, 08:53 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,735,563 times
So exciting they have to show they have ID from their home country or a state income tax return.

Who cares? They are here ILLEGALLY! They shouldn't be driving around anywhere and need to be booted out of the country.

All this will do is create more voter fraud. I'm sure the dems will love that.

I'm not in favor of all these "check a box" voter registrations. I think voter registration should be under tougher scrutiny.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 PM

256 posts, read 619,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIFRE View Post
Welcome to Colofornia...
California does not give drivers license to illegals yet, however that does not stop them from driving.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:48 PM

51,244 posts, read 24,704,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
So exciting they have to show they have ID from their home country or a state income tax return.

Who cares? They are here ILLEGALLY! They shouldn't be driving around anywhere and need to be booted out of the country.

All this will do is create more voter fraud. I'm sure the dems will love that.

I'm not in favor of all these "check a box" voter registrations. I think voter registration should be under tougher scrutiny.
1. I agree with you about voter registration shouldn't be too easy. I have no problem with requiring a picture ID.

2. The rest of your comment is so typically Republican. The only problem is, the problem of illegal immigration has grown over my entire lifetime...when there have been Democrat presidents for 29 years, and Republican presidents for 35 years. Eisenhower did nothing to discourage it. Nixon and Ford did nothing. The Gipper did nothing. Papa George Bush did nothing. Son George Bush did nothing. So let's not pretend it's a problem under only Democrat presidents. It merely a talking point used as a faux issue for both parties.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,735,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. I agree with you about voter registration shouldn't be too easy. I have no problem with requiring a picture ID.

2. The rest of your comment is so typically Republican. The only problem is, the problem of illegal immigration has grown over my entire lifetime...when there have been Democrat presidents for 29 years, and Republican presidents for 35 years. Eisenhower did nothing to discourage it. Nixon and Ford did nothing. The Gipper did nothing. Papa George Bush did nothing. Son George Bush did nothing. So let's not pretend it's a problem under only Democrat presidents. It merely a talking point used as a faux issue for both parties.
I could care less about any of those former presidents because they are not running the show right now.

The fact is these are people here illegally. They should not be getting issued US state government ID. Period. I don't care about their sob story or how they evaded the law for years and put down "roots" to try to give themselves an excuse to be anchored down and not deported. We should not be granting special privileges to people that side stepped the immigration process and made a mockery of those that went through the process legally.

Do you think Mexico is going to hand out driver's licences to Americans illegally in their country? I think not.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:29 PM

51,244 posts, read 24,704,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I could care less about any of those former presidents because they are not running the show right now.

The fact is these are people here illegally. They should not be getting issued US state government ID. Period. I don't care about their sob story or how they evaded the law for years and put down "roots" to try to give themselves an excuse to be anchored down and not deported. We should not be granting special privileges to people that side stepped the immigration process and made a mockery of those that went through the process legally.

Do you think Mexico is going to hand out driver's licences to Americans illegally in their country? I think not.
You need to go back and read your own post in which you brought political parties into the discussion.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,132,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I'll tell you what WILL work, right now, today. Know what you're talking about. The OP never gave a link to any information about this law - just stated that it had been passed and the world is now officially coming to an end - especially in Colorado. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Well, go for it folks. Leave. Colorado doesn't need a bunch of uninformed people indulging in some form of mass hysteria, ain't-it-awful bs. Try reading the following:

From the New York Times:

From Yahoo News:

Hello? Is there ANY intelligent life out there?
Yeah, it's funny how little insignificant things, like facts, can change the whole perspective of an issue, huh?

Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 PM

50,596 posts, read 47,422,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I don't mind giving illegals drivers licenses just as long as they don't try some underhanded means of restricting who gets them by requiring the applicant to take some kind of test or something.
Exactly, proving you can, "drive" is so overrated. It should be part of the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: