Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2006, 11:40 AM

26 posts, read 182,863 times

Advertisements

I'm planning to take a trip to Colorado this spring and relocate in the summer. I've pretty much decided that somewhere in the Front Range is where my wife and I would like to move (Loveland, Ft.Collins, Windsor, ect.). I've heard good things about the area, but what are the downsides apposed to other places? And/Or whats great about the Front Range?

We are from Indiana and used to hills, trees, water so that the kind of area we want to be in. We want to be somewhere with spectacular views and plenty of outdoor recreation (hiking, biking, camping, hunting).I've read things about mosquitoes, is that a big problem? Also what about the wind? Is it usually calm or howling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2006, 02:11 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,100,094 times
Check out this thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/color...o-springs.html

Much of what I said about Colorado Springs can be said about many cities along the Front Range.

A lot less water here, so very few mosquitos. Winds can howl, but only a few times a year. Good steady breeze most of the time.

s/Mike

Old 09-19-2006, 10:57 AM

66 posts, read 494,251 times
Hey Hoosierteacher,

The front range is fairly flat once you come down from the mountains/foothills. The further east of the Rockies you go, the flatter the terrain gets, and you will lose sight of the mountains. This is a semi-arrid climate, and while we have trees, it is not near as dense as what you are probably accustomed to. The mountains are not only beautiful to look at, but you can enjoy hiking, fishing, camping, kayaking, sking, crosscountry skiing, etc.

There is lots of water in Northern Colorado. Large public lakes include Boyd Lake, Horsetooth Reservoir, and Carter Lake. There are also many smaller lakes. All of these provide water for someones use, whether it is a farmer, or a city, so the water levels will fluctuate from spring to fall.

The mosquitos are not bad. They are here, but the cities have some good programs in place to keep them at bay. Being next to the mountains, the wind will blow, usually in the spring and late fall, and it will blow hard at times.But overall, the weather is great, low humidity, lots of sunshine, mild winters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado