Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:48 PM

3 posts, read 155,479 times

Advertisements

Like the people wanting to get married in Estes Park, we are looking to get married without spending an arm and a leg, except we are looking anywhere near Denver, the mountains, front range, the city...anywhere that is a reasonable price. If you have any experience or know personally of places that hold ceremonies and receptions we would love to hear from you. Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 08:30 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,423,134 times
The best wedding I have attended here was at Red Rocks Chapel.

It is where we are considering renewing our vows.

The Chapel At Red Rocks | Creating a Unique Wedding Memory

Old 08-28-2007, 09:23 AM

291 posts, read 2,075,090 times
How cheap? I got a free permit from Jeffco Open Space to use one of their mountain parks, hired a JP, asked everyone to bring their own camera. We then drove to a nearby restaurant with a limited menu and all-you-can-drink margaritas & soft drinks, recorded music. Wedding: JP = $100, Park = $0, restaurant tab = $1,200.

I also enjoyed someone else's wedding at Red Rock Chapel. A mile south of them is another wedding facility next to The Fort.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 149,539 times
Default Charming and Private wedding site, local secret... Located in Foothills just West of Denver Metro

For charming, beautiful and well kept secret of a wedding site, I would say:

Foss Chapel.com offers mountain weddings wedding site mountain colorado wedding engagement beautiful chapel wedding chapel

Foss Park Chapel & Conference Center of Indian Hills, CO (broken link)

Located in Indian Hills, a very beautiful small wedding chapel located in the foothills just 6 miles from C470 and 285, large pine trees, 160 acres and small reception hall available. Wedding Chapel will hold 60-70, has an organ... Incredible area and very private, lots of large Pine trees, valleys and views all the way into Denver. Take a look and then call them to get the Rate. Inexpensive compared to everyplace else.

We got married there this summer and truly a wonderful wedding! Such a very well kept secret of a place... Not expensive, yet small, private and amazing place with much history.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-14-2007 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Merged 2 posts into one. Tweaked URLs.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:40 PM

63 posts, read 487,975 times
I was married at Red Rocks Chapel, it makes for great pictures but I would never recommend the place again. The women who run it treat you like a number. They actually yelled at two of my bridesmaids during the rehearsal. It's expensive and it wasn't that great.

I don't know what your budget looks like but here are a few of my favorites:
The Brook Forest Inn & Spa very unique in Evergreen
Wild Basin Lodge | Home awesome place in Allenspark (near Estes at the base of RMNP)
A colorado wedding venue and Colorado wedding reception site in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in Lyons - so pretty

There are so many, go theknot.com and do a search. If you find something you like let us know and we'll tell you if we have been to a wedding there and what it was like. I have been to so many weddings in the past five years all over Denver and the front range. I bet that other members are in my same boat and can give you some memories or advice.

Good luck and congratulations. I LOVE weddings.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:58 PM

423 posts, read 1,959,092 times
There is a place up the buckhorn canyon called McC Ranch. It is a beautiful setting just outside of Masonville (near Loveland). My wife and I got married there last year and it cost $650.00. The owner gave us all week to decorate and then he and his son helped us clean up after the reception. He provided the chairs and tables. The place holds upwards of 300 people. I will pm you with the guys name. There is also another site just down from his. I can not recall the name of it (something like horseshoe ranch) that only holds about 200 people. I can not tell you anymore about that one than that. Good luck.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:07 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,465,055 times
I went to a wedding at one of the Jeffco Open Space Parks near Evergreen. It was an outdoor wedding and the setting was exquisite. I was just an invitee, so I don't know what the cost was, but I don't think it was expensive. There are some some risks. In this particular case, some jogger's dog (an Irish setter) crashed the wedding ceremony and barfed on one of the bridesmaids right during the exchange of wedding vows. (A true "Kodak" moment and I am not making this up.) The couple had hired a professional videographer to video the ceremony. I never did see the video--I don't know how in the hell he could have edited that out. All's well that ends well, the couple laughed about it for years afterwards whenever anyone would start to talk about their wedding. They were good sports. (I never heard, but I suspect the bridesmaid went for a "no dogs invited" indoor wedding when her time to get marrried came along . . . )

Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 PM

260 posts, read 1,438,381 times
Mount Vernon Country Club., near Genessee. Wonderful views, incredible food ... and they helped me do it on a budget. Hint: I became a member and the rental was much less for the Wedding. We got married after Christmas (Dec 30) and the place was already decorated to the hilt with Christmas decorations. It felt like Brown Palace in the mtns ... but didn't cost too much.

There is also a nearby church which is always nice and features full-on views of the snow capped mtns ... but was actually a little more expensive and hard to book.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:56 PM

118 posts, read 518,927 times
Gabriel's in Sadalia has a nice area for the vows and an area for reception inside. Near Denver, but don't know the $$$$. Just an idea

Old 11-15-2007, 08:41 AM

41 posts, read 387,265 times
Historic Swedish country church near Longmont. It's small, but is the perfect setting for an intimate wedding. You do not have to be Lutheran, but are required to have a minister of some sort perform your ceremony.
Also, they only will book one wedding a day, so you could rent a tent and have your reception onsite if you want.
Ryssby Church Home Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado