Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should I live in Colorado?
Yes 13 50.00%
No 13 50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 12:51 PM

67 posts, read 342,187 times

Advertisements

Thanks for reading. You can either reply or vote, I don't mind either. Some info about me:
I'm going to be getting my degree in either architecture or sports journalism. If Colorado has a good job market for either that would be good. Specifically talking about the Denver/ FOCO/ springs area, west would be fine too, but mainly those areas. I would like a place that is family friendly and a good place to raise a family. I love summers, and I love 4th of July fireworks. I love sports, college, pro and HS. I mainly like living in small, rural communities. I love being outdoors, doing anything really. I especially love camping and boating. I love looking at snow, but don't like going outside that much in snow. I mainly just stay inside when it snows. Also i would like a place that is dog friendly.Thanks for any replies/ votes. If I think of more, I'll add it.

Last edited by Yeahok; 05-23-2011 at 01:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 01:08 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,636 times
If you don't even really like the concept of snow, I would say this is a bad choice considering it snows on average 60in per year, and that can be all the way from September - May

Old 05-23-2011, 01:16 PM

By that I just mean that I don't like going out in it. I can defiantly get used to it, but I'm just not very outdoorsy when it's snowy.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:24 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,713 times
A lot of people here don't even like the snow or even know how to drive in it but still love it here. It's not that bad here with snow. Every 8 years there is a massive snow storm, and it's not due for another 3 years. besides, Colorado is the one state where it doesn't feel as cold out when it snows vs other places I have lived. I think you would fit in fine.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:34 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,123,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Every 8 years there is a massive snow storm, and it's not due for another 3 years. .
LOL!

Old 05-23-2011, 07:09 PM

156 posts, read 325,846 times
From the sound of it I think you will like it. May i ask where you are coming from? I just relocated from a town south of Buffalo NY where we average 200+ inches of snow a year... I NEVER went outside when we had that much snow (primarily because its impossible to get anywhere)... I am like you, I like seeing snow and could never live in a place that gets 0 snow but I dont go out much in it except to snowboard occasionally. Everything else you posted pretty much is what I was looking for also when I decided to move and so far I am glad I picked Denver.

Also, with your major (if you choose sports journalism) and Denver being a huge sports area I am certain you can find a job in your field.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:23 PM

553 posts, read 1,544,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahok View Post
Thanks for reading. You can either reply or vote, I don't mind either. Some info about me:
I'm going to be getting my degree in either architecture or sports journalism. If Colorado has a good job market for either that would be good. Specifically talking about the Denver/ FOCO/ springs area, west would be fine too, but mainly those areas. I would like a place that is family friendly and a good place to raise a family. I love summers, and I love 4th of July fireworks. I love sports, college, pro and HS. I mainly like living in small, rural communities. I love being outdoors, doing anything really. I especially love camping and boating. I love looking at snow, but don't like going outside that much in snow. I mainly just stay inside when it snows. Also i would like a place that is dog friendly.Thanks for any replies/ votes. If I think of more, I'll add it.
I voted "no" only because if you're expecting fantastic fireworks EVERY 4th of July, you will be disappointed. All fireworks, including sparklers are banned in the entire Denver metro area every summer and that includes the surrounding 'burbs of other cities. If you're lucky they'll have some good fireworks shows that are done by pros at parks or in a sports stadium. If the winds are too bad on that night, they'll cancel it all together. If you need to venture outside to do your job you will have to get used to driving in the snow. Our winters lately have been almost non-existent, but we could get some whoppers. Colorado is in general a great state to be a dog owner. Just stay away from our cops with Fluffy. Especially if it could be mistaken as a pit bull or looks like an aggressive dog, because they will shoot it without provocation. And by law, they can arrest your dog if they want to.

If you had just said you liked camping and sports I would've voted yes. Sorry kids, just being honest.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce2011 View Post
I voted "no" only because if you're expecting fantastic fireworks EVERY 4th of July, you will be disappointed. All fireworks, including sparklers are banned in the entire Denver metro area every summer and that includes the surrounding 'burbs of other cities. If you're lucky they'll have some good fireworks shows that are done by pros at parks or in a sports stadium. If the winds are too bad on that night, they'll cancel it all together. If you need to venture outside to do your job you will have to get used to driving in the snow. Our winters lately have been almost non-existent, but we could get some whoppers. Colorado is in general a great state to be a dog owner. Just stay away from our cops with Fluffy. Especially if it could be mistaken as a pit bull or looks like an aggressive dog, because they will shoot it without provocation. And by law, they can arrest your dog if they want to.

If you had just said you liked camping and sports I would've voted yes. Sorry kids, just being honest.
Don't be, thanks for being honest. Im not expecting great fireworks, just something would be nice. What about rottwielers?

@Dman- I'm coming from NW Maryland, where we got two huge, paralyzing snowstorms last year.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:54 PM

I should also mention I'm a Christian methodest. Thanks for the replies so far.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:33 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times
If you are in college and have not decided between these diverse disciplines then you are obviously not even near finishing your degree because they would require different paths of learning. If you are in your senior year, then you would have taken many more credits to satisfy the needs for both of these majors which require much different course; and you cannot figure out which major to declare??? You must be joking or I suspect you are very young and are "putting the cart before the horse". I would worry about the job market when you are near finishing with whatever education you are imagining. Job markets will change over the years and your interest and desires will also change. Christian methodest [sic]? You mean Christian Methodist.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 05-24-2011 at 11:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: