Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,222 times

Advertisements

I'm fourteen and in Colorado Springs as well, and looking to get a job. I've babysat for years, and I have a boss that pays well, but I would love to find something a little different. I'd thought about grocery stores before, and that sounds like it might work once I hit 15, but probably not now. The library also sounds like a possibility! I love books and such, and they might have a few openings for people our age. I have not done a whole lot of searching on this particular line of work, but there may be some ice cream stores or something similar that would hire young. There's a gelato place on Nevada that looked like it had few young employees. I'd love to know if you find a place that hires!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 PM

6,834 posts, read 10,676,252 times
I know you can be a golf caddy at 14, and I think you can deliver papers, too. You can probably find work doing yard work, walking dogs, etc., for neighbors also.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:23 PM

26,386 posts, read 49,540,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questionsgalore View Post
I'm fourteen and in Colorado Springs as well, and looking to get a job. I've babysat for years, and I have a boss that pays well, but I would love to find something a little different. I'd thought about grocery stores before, and that sounds like it might work once I hit 15, but probably not now. The library also sounds like a possibility! I love books and such, and they might have a few openings for people our age. I have not done a whole lot of searching on this particular line of work, but there may be some ice cream stores or something similar that would hire young. There's a gelato place on Nevada that looked like it had few young employees. I'd love to know if you find a place that hires!!
Most of those jobs will pay very little per hour.

If you are GOOD at lawn mowing, and have a mower, edger, trimmer and leaf blower, you can get $20-$25 for one lawn and do it in an hour. Two of those jobs per day and you make much more than any of those other jobs, plus you get good exercise.

Whatever happens, best of luck to you.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:10 PM

2,949 posts, read 8,423,535 times
If you were 16 and had a car, I'd pay you to come by my house once or twice a day to play with my dogs and take them out while I'm at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs