Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 04:47 PM

6,821 posts, read 10,515,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
That 7 person shooting in COS happened in the area discussed above... It's a rough spot of the city sadly.
It's the kind of thing that could happen anywhere, though - it wasn't someone going on a crime spree, it was violence at a family gathering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 07:41 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,126,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
It's the kind of thing that could happen anywhere, though - it wasn't someone going on a crime spree, it was violence at a family gathering.
True. though certain areas are prone to problems more. And sadly much, if not most violence occurs between people who know or are related to each other.

Old 05-12-2021, 10:40 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,296,095 times
very SAD

Old 05-14-2021, 02:54 PM

5,827 posts, read 4,166,204 times
Quote:
Crime is everywhere in Colorado Springs - you can have bad luck anywhere in the city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoSpin View Post
Don't be fooled in to believing that all crime is isolated to just the "bad" neighborhoods.

I've never understood this sort of response regarding crime. Sure, crime can happen anywhere. But what people are seeking information on is the rate. The crime rate is not equal across the city. Some areas are very, very safe. Some are moderately unsafe. The fact that one can get struck by lighting anywhere doesn't mean I have the same risk level right now sitting in my house as I would if I were on the top of Mt. Elbert in a lightning storm.

Quote:
Can happen anywhere? Sure. Equally likely to happen anywhere? Of course not.

OP: The southeast quadrant of the city has the most crime. The northern suburbs probably have the least, which is typical of vanilla suburbs. Most of Colorado Springs is quite safe, and even the bad areas aren't that bad.

Use the crime maps, but be aware that commerical areas will skew the numbers.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:25 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,296,095 times
Stratmoor SE COS....surprising to me ... the area Looked nice at first

Old 07-01-2021, 08:20 AM

65 posts, read 119,567 times
Default Degree of crime in SW COS?

We are planning to relocate to Colorado Springs to retire, and are shopping for a house there. We found one in the southwest section, between Quail Lake and the Curr Reservoir, near the intersection of Cheyenne Meadows Drive and Nevada Ave.

The address is:

3635 Trailhill Place, Colorado Springs, CO 80906.

Can anyone tell us of the degree of crime in this area?

Is this a very nice area to live, compare to the NW or NE areas of COS? We want to be near nature trails, fitness center, churches, and have a mountain view.

Thanks!

Ron

Old 07-01-2021, 09:53 AM

30 posts, read 25,904 times
Use this for your address in Colorado Springs:

My Neighborhood Update

Old 07-01-2021, 10:19 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,166,069 times
I have a friend that has lived for over 15 years just on the other side of the 115 from there and she has never complained of crime issues.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:53 AM

26,210 posts, read 49,027,375 times
I've merged Ron's earlier thread into this new one started today so we can keep all the info in one spot.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:32 PM

5,827 posts, read 4,166,204 times
Some of our good friends live right across Cheyenne Meadows Road from that address, so they're essentially in the same neighborhood. It's a great spot. I've seen nothing to indicate crime is a problem, and I think it's in a great part of town. It's more blue collar than the Broadmoor area or the area across 115, but it's still a nice area. I think you'll enjoy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs