Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2007, 10:54 AM

25 posts, read 96,523 times

Advertisements

Hey I realize you guys have multiple Walmarts IN Colorado Springs and I was just wondering which was the nicest of them. I've heard the one on 8th St. is one to stay away from. I'm going to be transferring to a Walmart out there and don't want to transfer to a rundown Walmart.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,027,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjlmutch View Post
Hey I realize you guys have multiple Walmarts IN Colorado Springs and I was just wondering which was the nicest of them. I've heard the one on 8th St. is one to stay away from. I'm going to be transferring to a Walmart out there and don't want to transfer to a rundown Walmart.
About the newest one I know of is in Monument, along Jackson Creek Pkwy, off of I-25, exit 159 (Baptist Road). Excellent store in a fine location with a very nice clientele, upscale even.

Another newer one is on Woodman Road, near Powers Blvd, very nice like the one in Monument.

Another new one is out east in Falcon, family area, very nice.

West of town is a new one in Woodland Park, up at the higher elevations. This one has extra work on the outside to make it blend and fit in with the forested nature of the area, truly one of the gems in the Wal-Mart chain.

There are other ones around town that are decent, not familiar with the one you mentioned.

Get a map and look at the city, anything on the north end of town will be newer, as the town has grown much in that direction.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:29 PM

I was looking more into the ones on Space Center Drive (I think it is in Cimarron Hills) and the one on Platte Ave. These two seem to be the closest to us.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:03 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,921,280 times
Quote:
I was looking more into the ones on Space Center Drive (I think it is in Cimarron Hills) and the one on Platte Ave. These two seem to be the closest to us.
Don't know about the Cimarron location, but the Platte Wal-Mart is sketchy. That was where a manager was shot by a fleeing shoplifter. I think the nicest is in Monument. It's new and clean. I go in there a lot and can usually run down the aisles with my arms flailing if I wanted to.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:37 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,915,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
Don't know about the Cimarron location, but the Platte Wal-Mart is sketchy. That was where a manager was shot by a fleeing shoplifter. I think the nicest is in Monument. It's new and clean. I go in there a lot and can usually run down the aisles with my arms flailing if I wanted to.
I've never been to the one on Platte, but yeah, I wouldn't want to shop there given some of the problems they've had there in the past.

As for the one in Cimmaron Hills, hard to say. It's actually not in Cimmaron Hills but it's a kind of transitional area in the Village Seven and Rustic Hills neighborhoods. It's a newer store but almost 7 miles north is the Woodmen location. I shop the Woodmen one every so often (relatively new) and it's a pretty clean store and I have not heard of anything bad about that particular store. If I had a choice of working at one or the other, Woodmen would be my choice.

BTW, when I say transitional, I mean that it borders what I would consider areas I would hesitate to live. Not to say it's "that" bad but given it's proximity to Murray, I would weigh any other options that I might have to go north and northwest. Work is different and it would be dependant on the hours of said work.

Oh and the one on Razorback Road just for reference sake...complete traffic nightmare and much more so during the holidays since it's right near Chapel Hills Mall and North Academy Blvd.

So there's my input.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:47 PM

45 posts, read 275,699 times
I shop at the one located at Palmer Park & Powers Blvd. I think it is a great store. MUCH better than the one at Platte & Chelton or the one on 8th street. I have even made trips to there in the middle of the night without any problems. I am always really cautious when out at that time of night though. Not necessarily because of the area but because there seem to be more robberies in general going on lately, several occurred in store parking lots & with the holidays approaching I'm sure that trend will continue to increase.

Kelly

Old 11-20-2007, 10:25 PM

648 posts, read 2,940,250 times
I personally like the one that is at Woodmen and Powers. I have not been to the one in Monument yet. I have heard the new one that is out in Falcon/Peyton is nice but smaller than the other ones in C/S. (Falcon is about 10 minutes from the Springs)

bashep

Old 11-21-2007, 12:14 AM

188 posts, read 933,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjlmutch View Post
I shop at 8th St. all the time, since I live west, and I don't think it seems rundown. The only issue I have ever had is homeless guys in the parking lot asking for money, and haven't seen any of them lately. It does get pretty crowded, but that has improved since the Woodland Park Walmart went in.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:35 AM

553 posts, read 1,635,740 times
I'm not a Wal-Mart fan, but the store at Powers and Palmer Park (this is the Space Center Drive location) is nicer than most. Clean. Safe. Reasonable traffic.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:46 AM

Thanks for the input. I actually called some of the stores out there yesterday, just to see what they had open and the lady at the Platte store was a real rip, but the guy I talked to at the space center drive store seemed nice, and the lady at the bakery seemed really nice (somehow I got transferred to the bakery).

Quote:
Oh and the one on Razorback Road just for reference sake...complete traffic nightmare and much more so during the holidays since it's right near Chapel Hills Mall and North Academy Blvd.
That store was a consideration too. Much thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
I'm not a Wal-Mart fan, but the store at Powers and Palmer Park (this is the Space Center Drive location) is nicer than most. Clean. Safe. Reasonable traffic.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I had no clue where people were talking about the Walmart on Powers and Palmer Park. I'm not familiar with the area just yet. It seems this store may be the one. Thanks for all your help everyone. I don't think the people on these boards realize how much help something like this really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs