Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 01:05 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,579,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
I obtained excellent results by following the steps outlined in this book which I highly recommend:

The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse

The Naturopaths that I've hired to provide guidance with my health care over the years, have mostly been graduates of John Bastyr University in Seattle.
The word Miracle immediately gets my "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" radar going. There's no such thing as a "miracle" diet, cleanse, pill, herb, or vitamin. A healthy body requires more than just a quick fix. It takes effort and dedication over the long term to maintian a healthy lifestyle which will keep your body running at peak performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 06:52 AM

53 posts, read 95,041 times
I have to agree with Marcy1210 on this, pills are not the miracle, the miracle is actually the process. The process takes work and lots of effort, the transition is not for the faint of heart. Not trying to scare anyone away, just the opposite. The unhooking of the American diet is a process and should be taken very seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
The word Miracle immediately gets my "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" radar going. There's no such thing as a "miracle" diet, cleanse, pill, herb, or vitamin. A healthy body requires more than just a quick fix. It takes effort and dedication over the long term to maintian a healthy lifestyle which will keep your body running at peak performance.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:18 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,007,741 times
Marcy1210 wrote:
The word Miracle immediately gets my "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" radar going.
Likely you have avoided some potential problems with such an attitude, but you've probably missed out on many really good things in your life, that you could have experienced with a more life affirming attitude. I experience miracles in my lfe everyday.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:27 AM

I believe in miracles. I see them in the beauty of the world around me every day. There are no miracle pills, cleanses, herbs, vitamins or quick fixes. Those are money-making scams, not miracles.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:01 AM

Marcy1210 wrote:
There are no miracle pills, cleanses, herbs, vitamins or quick fixes. Those are money-making scams, not miracles.
Actually there are some legitimate quick fixes! It's just an old, worn out deeply ingrained, misguided belief that healing has to be a long, drawn out process; that any claim for a quick healing is a scam. Scams most certainly exist, and unfortunately alot of people fall for them. Use common sense, do your homework, listen to your gut and simply avoid the scams, but also beware of throwing out the baby with the bath water. I imagine that you are missing out on some things that could be very beneficial for you.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:04 AM

I imagine you're incorrect. I'm not missing out on anything. I just know how the body works, and it may respond initially to a quick fix, but it will not maintain any long term health benefit from that quick fix. To heal and maintain that healing, perserverance is necessary. Healing needs to happen gradually so as to not overwhelm the body, or have the body reject the treatment. I prefer the more tried and true (safer) methods of healing which are beneficial and conducive to long term benefits and a lifetime of health maintenance.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:35 AM

One thing is for certain, the Standard American Diet (S.A.D) has made food addicts out of many and it’s the large corporations that are laughing all the way to the bank. They laugh while we try and figure out what’s what. I think anyone reading this should make a decision for themselves, seek out the truth. If they feel a herbal pill works best while eating less toxic food then all I will say is keep digging and really take a hold of your own eating habits and lifestyle are. I supplement flora (probiotics), plant enzymes and MagO7. Those are because I feel I need them at this point. They are just merely supplements to me in my overall lifestyle healing. They are not an end all solution. I realize becoming less toxic is an everyday effort and it's going to take me a lot more time, but I am enjoying it, some days are tougher than others. There is a lot to this, a lot people don't or do not want to know, it really goes deep and is needed information. The majority of people are crashing and burning their health for no reason at all! Is there misinformation, yep and lots of it out there, but again if we investigate and really look into this lifestyle of living then it all comes together one step at a time.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:04 AM

Marcy1210 wrote:
I prefer the more tried and true (safer) methods of healing which are beneficial and conducive to long term benefits and a lifetime of health maintenance.
In my day to day dietary habits I've been on the slow and steady path since '72 when I stopped eating meat, but I have nonetheless also experienced many big jumps in health improvement that took place very quickly. Based on my own experience, I know that slow & steady, tried & true is the real deal, so I'm not knocking tried and true (safer) methods of healing. I AM saying that quick fixes also occurr more often then most people are willing to believe. A promise of a quick fix is not always a scam. Many of them are, but not all of them. In my mind, a blanket statement like...if it's too good to be true, then it is....is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 06-10-2012 at 10:15 AM..

Old 06-10-2012, 10:10 AM

26,226 posts, read 49,085,600 times
One example of a "quick fix" that I've experienced is when I gave up drinking 2 beers each night in front of the TV.

Within a few days I felt way better, slept better, thought better, etc.

Quick fix. Cost me nothing, saved me the cost of a six pack every 3 days.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 PM

If you take any pills or supplements and can only afford one, take a pro-biotic aka floras, in my opinion after reading and unearthing reports and docs on this subject, this is very needed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs