Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 04:58 AM

1 posts, read 991 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
My husband and I along with our 13 yr old son hope to be moving to CS. We have horses and dogs and would like to live in an area with a sense of community. We dont want to be isolated, but we dont want to be on top of other people either. We dont know the area at all but work will be near Mount View Lane. It is also important to us that the schools be good. He is in 8th grade now. Thanks everyone, I sure am enjoying everyones posts, I'm learning alot! Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 10:31 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariongirl View Post
Hi Everyone,
My husband and I along with our 13 yr old son hope to be moving to CS. We have horses and dogs and would like to live in an area with a sense of community. We dont want to be isolated, but we dont want to be on top of other people either. We dont know the area at all but work will be near Mount View Lane. It is also important to us that the schools be good. He is in 8th grade now. Thanks everyone, I sure am enjoying everyones posts, I'm learning alot! Lisa
Mount View Lane puts you on N. Nevada a mile north of Fillmore. A 20-minute commute either way up or down I-25 will get you a property that can host horses, unless you're looking to board them out.

Best school districts are D8 and D12 on the south end of town, D11 in the center part of the city, then D20 on the north end of town and lastly D38 as you go to the far north end of the county, about a 30-min commute.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,522,918 times
Coronado is a good high school right near where you're moving.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:50 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Coronado is a good high school right near where you're moving.
For sure it is near the work site, the home site is still TBD. Comments over the years indicate Coronado is excellent, especially for engineering and robotics.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:54 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Mount View is in D-11. Bates Elementary, Holmes Middle and Coronado High School. Coronado is a good school located on Filmore west of I-25. Also on the west side of I-25 is a pocket of D-20 and more of D-11. But around that area there's not much in the way of horse property as you're right near the U of Colo and just east of I-25. But, to the west a few miles, is the Garden of the Gods area, Mesa St., and 30th Ave., which aren't horse property, but have homes on larger lots. Like Mike said, if you want horse property, you'll need to be looking north of the Springs near Monument or Black Forest, east of the Springs or south of the Springs. Nothing really near where your work is located.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:58 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,377,645 times
My dad is lucky, his property on the west side was grandfathered before that part was annexed into the city, and he's allowed to keep his horses. It's become quite the attraction for the neighbors. Sort of like that Donkey (that's no longer there) that was at the corner of Fillmore and T-Gap for IDK how many years, until the old lady who owned him passed away.

Anyone who's been in the springs for any length of time will know what I'm talking about.

Edit: Found the story, Applejuice was his name
http://www.gazette.com/articles/gap-...-fillmore.html

Old 09-16-2011, 08:33 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,470,113 times
Aaaw! Applejuice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs