Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 08:11 AM

297 posts, read 898,747 times

Advertisements

Title about says it all. For a little more detail, I am wondering just how much evangelizing a quite, polite non-religious person might be "hit" with? As I've searched and read many of the discussion threads on this forum I get a mixed reading. Some threads would seem to indicate that if you can't pass a religious "litmus test" you would be shunned, if not tarred and feathered ... etc. While some posts indicate the whole issue is blown out of proportion.

Thank you for your time ...

Old 06-19-2011, 08:37 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,185,244 times
I don't think you will have any problem here. No one will bother you, and probably no one will ask if you are a church-goer or not. At least that is my own experience.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:27 AM

74 posts, read 256,638 times
I think it depends on where you live actually. Before coming to COS I was warned about this stuff, and my co-workers in Denver always comment about how they can't believe I live there. COS has established a pretty bad reputation for this sort of thing. I am a liberal NY native, but I find living in the Southwest area not bad at all! The income bracket here is a bit higher than the rest of the area, so I think that effects the type of people you find here, there is a ton of transplants from all over the US in this part and I often meet people from the east coast, the 'nightlife' locales are are right here as well--which I think just makes it more liberal overall. I don't think I would like living in any other part of the springs. I have been warned about the area surrounding the New Life Church. If you avoid those parts of town and the immediate areas around Fort Carson, you will probably not be bothered by this at all!

Old 06-19-2011, 10:53 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,487,690 times
Actually, I have had people ask me! Like, a furnace guy, and some other odd service type person and mormons on the Santa Fe Trail. However, it is pretty rare.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:12 AM

297 posts, read 898,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer33ny View Post
I think it depends on where you live actually. Before coming to COS I was warned about this stuff, and my co-workers in Denver always comment about how they can't believe I live there. COS has established a pretty bad reputation for this sort of thing. I am a liberal NY native, but I find living in the Southwest area not bad at all! The income bracket here is a bit higher than the rest of the area, so I think that effects the type of people you find here, there is a ton of transplants from all over the US in this part and I often meet people from the east coast, the 'nightlife' locales are are right here as well--which I think just makes it more liberal overall. I don't think I would like living in any other part of the springs. I have been warned about the area surrounding the New Life Church. If you avoid those parts of town and the immediate areas around Fort Carson, you will probably not be bothered by this at all!
OP here ... may I ask what area of COS you in? ... and thanks for the response.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:22 AM

6,834 posts, read 10,589,641 times
She said southwest, which might mean Broadmoor area, OCC, etc. I disagree with her general assessment that area of town matters; she hasn't lived in other areas apparently and I don't think it really matters in how people treat you. Colorado Springs and Colorado in general is generally live and let live.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:55 AM

26,318 posts, read 49,272,277 times
We've answered this question many times before, and the answer is that this is a live and let live area, no one will pester you.

The Mormon boys and Seventh Day Adventists folks will knock on the door once or twice a year as they do everywhere in the nation where they have a church. There is no reason to avoid COLO SPGS based on idiotic urban myths of wild-eyed raging churchgoers running amok.

Thread closed.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs