Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 07:02 PM

670 posts, read 1,052,244 times

Advertisements

Are they keeping their spot in Woodland Park too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 12:51 AM

481 posts, read 1,300,319 times
I have to chime in on this thread. I'm a beer-geek. I love the craft beer revolution that is spreading across Colorado. I work in the food and beverage industry and am thrilled to see Colorado doing something more than selling pot.

Colorado Springs has really taken off in the past decade with its craft beers. I remember when it was Bristol (still good), Phantom Canyon (decent beer) and Judge Baldwin's (thank god that place went away). Trinity is a decent place but the owner has thrown his social media hissy-fit and I lost a lot of respect for the place. But Colorado Springs has really stepped up its game in the last few years with nano and micro-breweries.

Here are a few I've tried and my opinion:

http://www.smilingtoadbrewery.com/ They grew out of their East Bijou location and are making some really good beers on South 8th St. now. It went from tiny location with too few seats to a bigger location with too many seats. But the beer is good. Really good.

http://www.redlegbrewing.com/ A good brewery with some great people working for them. It's a basic place to get a good beer and I hope they expand because they have the product to succeed.

http://www.manitou-brewing.com/ These folks have it nailed. Good beer, good service and the owners are on hand constantly. It's fun to chat with the brewer about his craft and Dominic is always around to do that.

http://www.ironbirdbrewing.com/ Great, convenient and nice beers with really attentive service. The location is ideal on Costilla and Nevada. I noticed more bicycles in their lot than cars, even in December.

Some that I haven't tried are Great Storm Brewing Company, Storybook Brewing (just opened) and Fossil Brewing. Gold Camp Brewing is supposed to open soon on S. Tejon and that will be another to try out. I did try Fieldhouse Brewing on S. Tejon, across from McCabe's and South Side Johnny's. It was a disappointment. The beer was okay but all three times I've been in there the service is awful. As soon as the beer-tenders friends show up everyone else is ignored.

Last edited by Littlekw; 01-03-2015 at 01:05 AM..

Old 01-03-2015, 09:43 AM

665 posts, read 1,294,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlekw View Post
I have to chime in on this thread. I'm a beer-geek. I love the craft beer revolution that is spreading across Colorado. I work in the food and beverage industry and am thrilled to see Colorado doing something more than selling pot.
Colorado was well known for beer way before pot, starting with Coors. The 90's saw a huge explosion in the microbrew market in this state. Until a year ago, no one automatically thought of pot when they heard "Colorado". And of course legal pot is going to be talked about. It's groundbreaking progress.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:30 PM

55 posts, read 87,424 times
Here are my hometown micros. Way to represent Pueblo!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walte...57967974322762 - From the ashes of the big time brewery (Salt Creek) that closed in 1975. Original Walter's recipes. Their tap room is on Oneida St. by the AT&T building on the river walk, but you can find them on tap around town. The Bock is top notch. Straight up old school Dad beer with a new school twist. Wear your Walter's T in and the 1st beer is on them...

Shamrock Brewing Company and Restaurant in Pueblo - Been around for a while, on 3rd St and Santa Fe. by Smitty's Green Light. The Porter is probably their best. They are not afraid to experiment and always switching it up with different specialties each month or so. Some are excellent, some just should not be. Full menu.

https://www.facebook.com/BruesBros - Coming soon, spring time. This one is right on the River Walk in the old police station on Main. Supposedly, the fella starting it up trained in Europe. Ooooh fancy...

Old 01-04-2015, 04:01 PM

481 posts, read 1,300,319 times
^ I haven't tried Walter's yet but I heard they had returned with the original recipes. Shamrock is one of my favorites in southern Colorado. I occasionally make a trip to Pueblo just for their beers. Good food as well.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:15 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,434 times
The popularity of Pikes Peak Brewing Co. in Monument has skyrocketed since 2011. I'm not sure why, because personally, I don't think their beers are that great. But it seems like anyone hawking "Craft Beer" in Colorado right now is enjoying booming business. More power to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs