Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:10 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times

Advertisements

The Opening post is from 2007, but still an interesting one. The last post from the OP says that he's now looking at Kansas.

As far as PA goes, as far as I know the city schools do NOT pay more then the suburbs. They probably should but they don't. Stop Teacher Strikes Website A beginning teacher in my school district earns quite a bit more then a new teacher in Philadelphia.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,085,662 times
Here in CA, teachers in certain areas definitely get paid more. The district that I grew up in pays one of the best salaries even though it is one of the safest urban districts. Neighboring district which are much more dangerous to work in pay a couple hundred to thousand less. I haven't seen districts here forgiving your loans, even the ones no one wants to work in. LA might, but I don't want to live in LA county.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:32 AM

256 posts, read 888,758 times
Alot of the schools if they are in need of teachers, they will pay fo you to come to teacher...I cant exactly remember where it was but they willbuy u a house, a car, etc...just for working for them..Yea its not the best area to work but hey you never know. I also heard about them half of your loans.. I know in TN, u can get some scholarship for teachers, but since I commute to KY and go to school there they do no offer it. But I am looking into it..im sure if you go to the fin aid website u can find stuff about it bc thats hwere I seen it

Old 03-10-2012, 09:55 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,126,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
The Opening post is from 2007, but still an interesting one. The last post from the OP says that he's now looking at Kansas.

As far as PA goes, as far as I know the city schools do NOT pay more then the suburbs. They probably should but they don't. Stop Teacher Strikes Website A beginning teacher in my school district earns quite a bit more then a new teacher in Philadelphia.
I find it interesting you write that the schools do not pay higher. I know that some Philly schools considered in a "combat zone" do pay higher for the same instructions taught and each instructor (teacher) has the same education... My brother and cousin teach in schools noted as "combat zone" and they receive a higher salary than one near them.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:22 PM

18,722 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Forgive me if this was already said, but I think there are designations of "underserved areas," (and that could mean inner city or an Indian reservation or Alaska) and federal loans are forgiven for each year of working there, or a certain amount is forgiven after working two years. Something like that. I don't think there's anything like that with private loans.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:23 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Inner city Detroit I believe forgives 100% of loans after 5 years or something like that?

Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,649,357 times
Do you guys know if this applies to a speech language pathologist that has worked contract? Not direct state employee but working fulltime at a title one school.

Sent from my autocorrect butchering device.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities