Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 11:31 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,127,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
hey if they do cut on welfare i will just find a rich guy to take care of me.
Like I said... Give it a few years and you'll find that they will be looking for younger, less sag etc.

Friend of mine... She said the same thing about working her way up to manager...

Life happened and she had to switch companies and spend ANOTHER 4 years working her way back up in a different company. The BS piece of paper prevents this.

Also, make up your mind: is everyone in school spoiled rich kids, OR are they in debt...
Mutually exclusive it seems to me.

Yes, lots of kids I know will or have graduated with student loan debt, but largely it's under $10,000... And if they were willing to eat at home more, and drive older cars like I do.... It wouldn't be necessary

Thy don't even live off the government like you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 11:51 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
hey if they do cut on welfare i will just find a rich guy to take care of me. police officers dont need college degrees either

i dont mind going in to TRAIN for something like real estate or what have you but i am not going to spend 4 years or evn more with a bunch of spoiled rich college kids.
Rich guy? Very few marry someone below their status.
Then again,what do you define as rich?
A drug dealer?

Real estate? What a joke. Do you read the newspapers? Houses aren't selling.

Police officers need an Associates or two years of military service,and even then they have to attend police academy for 6 months.(in my state anyway,the state troopers need a Bachelors if they don't have the military service)

Teacher's aides need an associates. But they only make 14 an hour.
Cna's need 6 weeks of training,and even then make only 8 dollars an hour.

I really can't think of any jobs that don't need some type of formal training(unless they are minimum wage)

Tj,what if you have to move to another state?
I think in AL you don't need any training to be a nurses aide.
Now let's say you were one for 20 years in AL. Let's say you have to move to NJ. They don't care how many years you had worked as a nurses aide,they want that certificate.

Usually,what happens in the north tends to spread everywhere. I remember that only an associates was needed to work as a nurse.
Starting just 2 years ago,I only had seen "Bsn nurses only" ads in the northern states.
Now I see them in the south and west as well,esp North Carolina and Georgia.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:54 AM

She is pulling all of you with the errors in her posts.
Look at the Exercise forum,she has great writing skills on there.

I think she should post in the mental health forum,she needs help.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:57 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
If they were poor-performing students then they wouldn't even be able to attain a Degree. Maybe a handful of poor-performing students could get an Associates Degree but very few could get further than that b/c the curriculum becomes far more demanding.

By, "poor student", I assume you're referring to performance as opposed to income.
Sure they can, a for profit degree.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
another thing maybe if politicians got rid of illegals and would stop throwing my job app in the trash maybe i woulnt need as much gov asistance just a thoght but we all know that isntgoing to happen
Well,you do have a point about the illegals.
Yet you admit it isn't going to happen,so you have to move to plan 2.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:22 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,792 times
maybe in YOUR state, i would nevr live in the north. a lot of people from the north have moved to places like atlanta and north carolina. please keep your high cost of livng in and rudeness up ther please but thats getting off subject..but look what you did to florida

a lot of people ar buying house in the south esp in ATL NC & FL i have an cousin who does real estate no one is buying homes in NJ because its too expensve

it easy to find a guy who is about to finish collge and get a job i have and he will be graduating in may...lesson it not the end of the wrld if you dont have college degree

also if i were an employer i would pick the person who has experince over the one who has zero exp who just went to "college".

Old 12-25-2011, 01:27 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,792 times
kids who go to ivy league or big univrrsities have a high popul of rich snotty kids who prob havent wored a day in their live i def dont want to share a roomate who act like that but i dont think colege is for me which is okits not for everyone

Old 12-25-2011, 01:35 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
i am not going to sit in a dumb classroom & study something stupid that i dont even like or car about. with a bunch of stuck up rich people

most manager positiions dont care about college degree and a lot of people mae more than ppl who waste time in college
I haven't often agreed with what you've said, but right on this time! Reps reps and more reps! Oh wait, I can only give you one!

Old 12-25-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
maybe in YOUR state, i would nevr live in the north. a lot of people from the north have moved to places like atlanta and north carolina. please keep your high cost of livng in and rudeness up ther please but thats getting off subject..but look what you did to florida

a lot of people ar buying house in the south esp in ATL NC & FL i have an cousin who does real estate no one is buying homes in NJ because its too expensve

it easy to find a guy who is about to finish collge and get a job i have and he will be graduating in may...lesson it not the end of the wrld if you dont have college degree

also if i were an employer i would pick the person who has experince over the one who has zero exp who just went to "college".
Most of the northerners who moved to the south are college educated.

So guess what? They will more than likely get hired over someone with no college education.
I know plenty of nurses with associates with 10 years experience,and new grads with a Bsn,guess who got hired first?

There are immigrants who have more education than you and I who are moving to NJ.
From the looks of it,illegals are taking all the jobs in AL,so what are you going to do?

Never say never..what if your BF wants to move up north?
What if AL cuts your welfare off?

Old 12-25-2011, 03:47 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,135,920 times
Quote:
kids who go to ivy league or big univrrsities have a high popul of rich snotty kids who prob havent wored a day in their live i def dont want to share a roomate who act like that but i dont think colege is for me which is okits not for everyone
Careful now. Your lack of education is showing.

Also, be careful about making sweeping generalizations. I go to a VERY big university, and I know plenty of people who aren't "rich, snotty kids" who "haven't worked a day in their life." Many are working many hours and putting themselves through school. I am working, and I'm certainly not rich. I have worked since I was seventeen. My first job? A crappy, part-time gig as a McDonald's crew member.

I will agree that college isn't for everyone, but not for the reasons you've been ranting on about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities