Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 05:44 AM

116 posts, read 34,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Completely agree. Alabama has had some great teams, but I don’t think this was one of them. This is a team that barely beat a mediocre Auburn team toward the end of the season but was still rewarded by the CFP committee.

Agreed. That 2014 Alabama Team with Henry and Cooper that Ohio State beat would have beaten this Alabama Team by two touchdowns.

I honestly think that the injury to Jameson Williams in the CFP National Championship Game against Georgia is what hurt this program and started the eventual downfall.

Saban's Best Team was the 2020 Team with Mac Jones, Najee Harris, Devonta Smith, and Jalen Waddle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2024, 05:50 AM

116 posts, read 34,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
The bottom line is Alabama polticked its way into the Playoff, had its chance, and ultimately choked.

Season over.

Well, when Saban tried to do that in 2022 to try and get in over Ohio State, it didn't work.

That 2020 Alabama Team was their best team in program history. Also, that 2014 Alabama Team which lost to Ohio State in my opinion, would have beaten this 2023 Alabama Team by two touchdowns.

However, if we are being quite honest, this Alabama Team would have beaten Washington. That is because Washington was incredibly weak in the trenches. Washington's Matchup with Texas was a favorable matchup for the Huskies.

Now that I think about it more, if the CFP Title Game was the rematch between Alabama and Texas, I think Texas wins that rematch.

Old 01-19-2024, 10:52 AM

214 posts, read 260,795 times
Austin Mack ? WTF ? Alabama needs WR’s , OL and DB’s .They were in great shape with the 4 QB’s they have on the roster . When I saw that Bama signed an untested QB , it felt like trouble was brewing . And then the one QB they could least afford to lose was in the Transfer Portal , Julian Sayin who is already on campus and enrolled will be gone soon ! Stupid , just can’t explain that one away . Buh Bye Bama !

Old 01-19-2024, 12:05 PM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowedBuckeyeDad90 View Post
Well, when Saban tried to do that in 2022 to try and get in over Ohio State, it didn't work.

That 2020 Alabama Team was their best team in program history. Also, that 2014 Alabama Team which lost to Ohio State in my opinion, would have beaten this 2023 Alabama Team by two touchdowns.

However, if we are being quite honest, this Alabama Team would have beaten Washington. That is because Washington was incredibly weak in the trenches. Washington's Matchup with Texas was a favorable matchup for the Huskies.

Now that I think about it more, if the CFP Title Game was the rematch between Alabama and Texas, I think Texas wins that rematch.
I can agree with that. They already stomped them earlier in the season. And the only way Alabama can beat Texas is if the Longhorns' starting QB does not play or leaves the game.

Old 01-19-2024, 03:03 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e66330 View Post
Austin Mack ? WTF ? Alabama needs WR’s , OL and DB’s .They were in great shape with the 4 QB’s they have on the roster . When I saw that Bama signed an untested QB , it felt like trouble was brewing . And then the one QB they could least afford to lose was in the Transfer Portal , Julian Sayin who is already on campus and enrolled will be gone soon ! Stupid , just can’t explain that one away . Buh Bye Bama !

DeBoer didn't get Washington to the championship game through five-star recruits. It was by reuniting with his old QB and turning 3-4-star guys into contenders. I was surprised Washington didn't recruit better in the last round before he left. (And now the core of that group is gone too.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football