Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2023, 07:59 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times

Advertisements

I'll make this short and sweet. I fully expect UGA to become the next Alabama-like dynasty, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they start a dynasty that makes Alabamas under Saban look like small fries by comparison.

College football has become like the NBA, you know who is going to win before the season starts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2023, 09:15 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Anything is possible, but it depends on how this NIL business shakes out.

To hear the Texas A&M Aggies talk, they are on the cusp of winning it all every year. Lol

Old 05-29-2023, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I’ll go out on a limb here…..
To clarify….. Texas could be in contention to be a top ten team within the next two or three years, if things fall into place.
But after 13 years of mediocrity, I am not holding my breath.

Old 05-29-2023, 07:15 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Never in the history of college football has it been easier to buy a national championship. From now on, like mentioned, you can pretty much name the 3 or 4 teams that have a shot. In a couple years it will be down to the top 1 or 2 teams. Thanks NCAA for the NIL and the portals. Morons.

Just curious. Does ANYONE need to attend a classroom now at these big time, big money programs? That would be something for one of these college's research departments to analyze.

Old 05-29-2023, 07:40 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Miami has the #7 ranked recruiting class right now, and they've been recruiting well for a couple of years. They have a ton of talent right there in Miami's High Schools'.

I like their coach Mario Cristobal too.
If they’ve been recruiting well for a couple years now then I expect nothing out of them. They haven’t been competitive in the weakest P5 and have lost to several non-P5 teams. So those recruiting classes obviously haven’t helped them much. I would be shocked if they are anything but bottom feeders.

Old 05-30-2023, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Thanks NCAA for the NIL and the portals. Morons.

Just curious. Does ANYONE need to attend a classroom now at these big time, big money programs? That would be something for one of these college's research departments to analyze.
Agreed about the NIL & portal.
Attending classes? Might depend on the school.
Heisman winner Johnny Manziel was enrolled in online classes for his last season at Texas A&M and reportedly never set foot in a classroom, so who knows how much time he really spent “playing school”, or if someone else logged in for him.
It’s too easy nowadays for an athlete to pretend they are a real student.

Old 05-30-2023, 08:14 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Agreed about the NIL & portal.
Attending classes? Might depend on the school.
Heisman winner Johnny Manziel was enrolled in online classes for his last season at Texas A&M and reportedly never set foot in a classroom, so who knows how much time he really spent “playing school”, or if someone else logged in for him.
It’s too easy nowadays for an athlete to pretend they are a real student.
I was always fascinated with these majors that these athletes get their degree in. This NY Giant #1 draft pick missed OTA's to receive his diploma. Ok, but what he got his degree in blew me away. Family Sciences. Gut reaction. What the heck is that? Underwater fire prevention? Lo and behold that is an actual discipline for counseling families and youth. I googled it. Anyway, you probably could get your bachelors degree in underwater fire prevention and it could be legit.

https://atozsports.com/new-york/gian...skipping-otas/

Old 05-30-2023, 11:26 AM

The decades old joke about “underwater basket weaving” majors for athletes was not too far from reality when I was in college during the 1960s.
Lol

Old 05-30-2023, 11:48 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
The decades old joke about “underwater basket weaving” majors for athletes was not too far from reality when I was in college during the 1960s.
Lol
I doubt it's changed much. I had a teammate in college whose work study job was to turn on the sprinkler system for the practice field. SOMEONE ELSE had the job to turn it off (2 work study jobs accomplished). Added to his football scholarship, his "education" was pretty much free.

Old 06-02-2023, 06:10 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I'll make this short and sweet. I fully expect UGA to become the next Alabama-like dynasty, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they start a dynasty that makes Alabamas under Saban look like small fries by comparison.

College football has become like the NBA, you know who is going to win before the season starts.

UGA recruits well, but they develop better & their play calling has been supurb.

If all this continues, then I agree that UGA will become a dynasty. Problem is, Assistant Coaches leave.

All dynasties come to an end, so I'll savor every moment of this one...Go Dawgs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football