Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 02:20 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,762,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Whining about stats won't change the outcome of the game - Oregon got dominated by a superior team, plain and simple. The victor has been decided - get over it and move on .

BTW - l believe the final score states how dominant Ohio State was in the game.
No whining here my friend. Remember your talking about a Ohio st team that couldn't beat an unranked virginia tech team and also gave up more points to a Michigan St offensive and scored less points on a Michigan st defense then Oregon did this year. How do you explain that? Bad day for Michigan st or Ohio st?

Old 01-14-2015, 03:11 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,616,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
No whining here my friend. Remember your talking about a Ohio st team that couldn't beat an unranked virginia tech team and also gave up more points to a Michigan St offensive and scored less points on a Michigan st defense then Oregon did this year. How do you explain that? Bad day for Michigan st or Ohio st?

It's already been explained. Oregon had a huge home field advantage in the Mich St. game (and still lost the first half) that Ohio St. didn't have.

What I can't explain is why you ignore the home field advantage point.

This has turned into a really stupid thread with you desperately needing the last word for some reason.

Oregon didn't beat Mich St....Mich St. beat themselves by not being mentally prepared.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:13 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,855,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
It's already been explained. Oregon had a huge home field advantage in the Mich St. game (and still lost the first half) that Ohio St. didn't have.

What I can't explain is why you ignore the home field advantage point.

This has turned into a really stupid thread with you desperately needing the last word for some reason.

Oregon didn't beat Mich St....Mich St. beat themselves by not being mentally prepared.
Ohio State had home field advantage against Va Tech but still lost by 14 (Not even really a close game). So looking at the big picture. Ohio State (arguably the best team in the country now) lost AT HOME by 14 POINTS to a team that lost 6-3 at Wake Forest in double overtime (one could argue one of the more embarrassing losses by a team this season). People say OSU was missing starters during that game. I don't buy that as a reason they stunk that game. They proved their depth by beating Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon with a 3rd string QB making his first couple starts. Also they lost to VIRGINIA TECH! AT HOME! They should have beat Va Tech with a team full of backups. And the final score wasn't even indicative of a close game.

But whatever. I understand that was a fluke game (just like TCU's game against Baylor even though that game was AT BAYLOR and BY 3 POINTS and against a team that had/has the #1 offense in the country).

Old 01-14-2015, 04:59 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,890,440 times
Quote:
No whining here my friend...
So move on - don't keep repeating the same old tired line, because it won't change history. What's done is done - OSU is the first National Champion under the new playoff system, and they earned it.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
So move on - don't keep repeating the same old tired line, because it won't change history. What's done is done - OSU is the first National Champion under the new playoff system, and they earned it.
I keep bringing it up much like JohKnip brought up his point. Listening to you SEC & B 10 loyalist zombies talk about your teams you would think they could beat NFL teams and catch bullets in there teeth and the lines can stop tanks. No Humility, if Oregon had beaten Ohio St as bad, i would of felt bad for the Ohio St players as i do for Oregon right now and known they had a real bad day or beatten themselves. Not because its the right thing to do? No, but because ive seen Ohio St play there best in the Wisconsin game and know what they are capable of doing and i would of know if they had lost as bad to Oregon they didn't play there best period. Now what your missing is im not saying if Oregon was playing there best ball that Ohio St wouldn't beat them, im saying it would of

Old 01-14-2015, 05:50 PM

been an epic game if both teams brought there "A" game at the same time. Oh and congrates in Winning the national championship.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:28 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,367,665 times
Quote:
Wow maybe you should replace the forum title from "College football" to the SEC & B 10 worship forum. If you don't want other opinions?

@chickenfriedbananas, MB86

Your ignoring the obvious. How do you explain Ohio St giving up more points to a Michigan st team that Oregon did, that Oregon beat too and scored more points then Ohio St did? How do you explain Oregon getting beat by a bigger, stronger line? When Oregon has faced bigger, stronger lines in almost every opponent they faced?

I can say with confidence that the PAC-12 has some of the biggest, stongest lines. Take a look at Mo Latu, DL, Arizona State, James Atoe, OL, Washington, Zach Banner, OL, USC. Further i believe that even Stanford has one of the biggest lines in CFB. Thats all im saying. Oregon beat themselves mentally.

@gichicago

First its U of O, not OU. I was talking about critical offensive penalties on 3rd down and short for example and further i also believe the experts also said that "Oregon is beating themselves".

Pg 1/2
The experts said that during the game, but when the game was over and you had time to reflect, it was about Ohio State Dominating "The University of Oregon", not "The University of Oregon" beating themselves.

Here is an interesting article from Eugene OR, regarding national coverage on the game. They seem to agree that Ohio State outplayed The University of Oregon

What they're Saying Around the Country

"For all its fast, fun flash, Oregon isn’t fashioned to compete with big, strong, physical opponents. At least, not at the highest levels."

"The speed was stopped. The tempo was trampled. The coolest team in college football was punched in its shiny, swoosh-adorned jaw "

"They were duck soup. They were duck, duck goosed. They had the quack beat out of them. They spent three rocky hours on the Oregon Fail ... The Midwestern game thumped the West Coast game. The big guys stomped the quick guys. It is a narrative that will seemingly never end."

Old 01-14-2015, 08:48 PM

@gichicago

Ok i see a mature discussion on the issue isn't going to happen, good day to you. Aloha.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:50 PM

977 posts, read 1,957,716 times
Delusional. If you can sit there and say that Ohio State didn't dominate Oregon, you are delusional. If anyone beat themselves, it was Ohio State - to the tune of 4 turnovers. I hate Ohio State, but God damn it, they have a dominant team, and the worst part of it is that they are all underclassmen. Citing games against Michigan State and Arizona is irrelevant. Teams match up differently against different teams. Using that logic you run into illogical wheels like this: Oregon beat UCLA. UCLA beat Arizona. Arizona beat Oregon. It doesn't work. How many points they scored against each other months ago has no bearing on the game being played today. Ask Arizona how much that matters.
I would much rather have seen it the other way around, with Oregon winning their first title, but that was not to be. Ohio State beat them the same way Stanford had in years past...with a heavy dose of rushing plays right at the Oregon defense. Wear them down, control the time of possession, and keep the Oregon offense on the sideline.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:14 PM

@Cyborg13

Listen to what your saying, your saying Ohio St is this dominant juggernaut team, but your in denial, because Ohio St lost to an unranked virginia tech team that went 6-6 the whole season. Ohio St even lost at home. Your also not even listening to what im saying. I didn't say if Oregon played there "A" game that Ohio St wouldnt have beat them. My point was it was sad to see a team you knew could do 300x better impload like Oregon did. If the roles where reversed i would feel the same way about Ohio St, seeing them play the best ball against Wisconsin. Also the point was, we had an opportunity to see a truly epic game had both teams brought there "A" game.

Whats wrong with what im saying? Is it not true? And whats yours and others payoff for believeing Ohio St can catch bullets in there teeth and there lines can push tanks aside etc etc?

PS: the ucla beats arizona and arizona beats usc etc lol, its what the selection committee does every week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football