Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2013, 08:38 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,334,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I agree with this. Our players have quit, which is pathetic. They've been soft all year. Should be interesting to see how we respond the rest of the year and next season.

How is my argument not rational? I stated clearly that we have no leadership, our players do not work hard, they are primadonnas, we have a soft coach at this point. Doesn't mean Zona is suddenly a good team that would bet us more times than not- considering that has NOT happened in the past. Time to focus on the Civil War.
I like the Ducks, but I don't buy into the argument that the team quit coming into the game. They might have quit in the 4th quarter, when they realized that, just like in previous games, they simply don't have an answer for a good running attack, but they didn't quit coming into the game. They might have somewhat underestimated the Zona offense, but even if you accept that, certainly the first two possessions should have awakened the Oregon offense.

As others have pointed out to the stubborn Ducks Nation faithful again and again since 2009, Oregon's style of play might be the most exciting to watch, but it's ultimately ineffective against teams that have balance. Teams that have a running attack and keep Duck defenders honest with a modest passing game have a puncher's chance against the Ducks. Toss in a stout defensive line and good LB play, and Oregon's in real trouble against an opponent like that.

I like Ducks football and Ducks Nation, but being a bit real here, the 'Ooooooo' crowd needs to tone it down a bit. It's a bit amusing now to recall how Ducks fans were mocking a young and developing Tennessee Vols team and calling out Alabama and the Southeastern Conference with chants of 'SEC! SEC! SEC!' Let's be real here: Alabama would steamroll Oregon.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:32 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,792,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
1 - Yes they should. They haven't played any real team during the span.
2 - AJ isn't even in the discussion since he folded at Miss St. Winston is the shoe-in at this point. If it goes to court, then it goes to Manziel. Those two are so high above the rest it is ridiculous. At least this weekend might have allowed the best RB in the nation to make the trip to the Heisman and get some votes i.e. Andre Williams.
3 - Rape has to be proven. All that was proven is there was sex, which Winston's side has stated was consensual. Even if it goes to court (which Meggs might not even do), I anticipate FSU waving the policy on suspension. There will be too much money at stake if he doesn't play.
I think AJ has a real shot at it if Alabama wins big in the next two games and he shows out against Auburn and Missouri/South Carolina.

I think Manziel's stock dropped severely against LSU. Plus im pretty sure that even if Winston isnt arrested the voters will shy away from him.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:35 AM

8,985 posts, read 17,308,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The American Conference is a major conference.
lol

Old 11-25-2013, 11:38 AM

203 posts, read 326,752 times
Who should be in the championship game in this realistic scenario??

Alabama (13-0)
-- wins v. Mizz (10-2) SEC E. champ, Auburn (10-2), LSU (9-3), A&M (8-4), OleMiss (8-4), VaTech (8-5) ACC Coastal Champ

Florida State (13-0)
-- wins v. Clemson (10-2)*, Miami (9-3), BC (8-4), VaTech (8-5) ACC Coastal Champ

Ohio State (13-0)
-- wins v. MSU (11-2) Big Ten legends champ, Wisconsin (10-2), Buffalo (9-3), Iowa (8-4), San Diego St (8-4)

showing all 8-win team or better
*Clemson is at #10 S.Carolina, which could realistically be a loss, making Florida State's schedule a weaker.

I find it hard to say Florida State is actually ahead of OSU in this situation, after Miami and the ACC in general has looked pretty bad, while MSU and Wisconsin have been solid.

Last edited by jasomm; 11-25-2013 at 12:18 PM..

Old 11-25-2013, 03:14 PM

32,119 posts, read 34,767,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasomm View Post
I find it hard to say Florida State is actually ahead of OSU in this situation, after Miami and the ACC in general has looked pretty bad, while MSU and Wisconsin have been solid.
I don't. FSU went to Clemson and thoroughly dominated the No. 3 team in the nation.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:39 AM

9,774 posts, read 7,487,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
A lot of odd things in college football this year happening.

One, no way should any team who wins 25 straight games should be left out of a championship game.

Ohio State should play Alabama if they win out.

Hand AJ McCarren the Heisman. He deserves it.

Suspend Fla St qb like most decent schools would have done if one of their players rapes someone.

It's not their fault the Big 10 is completely awful, and it's not their fault California would have their worst season since Jeff Tedford first took over when they scheduled them 7 or 8 years ago when they were a Pac 10 contender, but their schedule is an absolute joke. Had Baylor beaten Oklahoma State, Baylor probably jumps them and IF Auburn can somehow beat Alabama, I think a 1 loss Auburn would jump them next week.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:30 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,612,953 times
Absolutely no way a one loss team jumps an undefeated AQ team.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:08 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,334,468 times
I really am curious to see just how badly FSU destroys Florida this week. Muschamp's crew came in and wore down FSU last year, but there's just no denying which team is better this year, and FSU would have every incentive to run up the score. This could end up being one of the most embarrassing losses in Florida history. Might be the final nail in Muschamp's coaching coffin at Florida, if last week's loss didn't already seal his fate anyway.

This could be fun to predict. I say FSU wins 66-7.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:57 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,514,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I really am curious to see just how badly FSU destroys Florida this week. Muschamp's crew came in and wore down FSU last year, but there's just no denying which team is better this year, and FSU would have every incentive to run up the score. This could end up being one of the most embarrassing losses in Florida history. Might be the final nail in Muschamp's coaching coffin at Florida, if last week's loss didn't already seal his fate anyway.

This could be fun to predict. I say FSU wins 66-7.
77-0!

Oh wait, that was the Sooners whoopin' up on A&M a while back.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:13 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,191,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I don't. FSU went to Clemson and thoroughly dominated the No. 3 team in the nation.
Well, all they did was prove that Clemson wasn't the #3 team in the nation. That game is an excellent argument why there shouldn't be polls until the halfway point of the season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football