Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Oregon 15 68.18%
Kansas State 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:46 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
Wondering about all the buzz about Chipper goin to the NFL. Hope this doesn't hurt the Ducks, but it could. KSU's more balanced anyway. I'm takin' KSU, but Oregon should make it competitive.
We have great balance! Maybe not balanced enough when it comes to physicality and speed (meaning we tend to focus more on speed) but were deep and balanced. I just hope our run plays and pass plays are balanced in this game ...with maybe a teetering towards passing.

Fair enough though and we'll have to wait and see.

Possibility of coach leaving effecting the game? If anything thats going to help us. If I was on the field it would help me. The Ducks will play their best for him with none of that getting in the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 AM

18,226 posts, read 25,880,114 times
I agree with O-Ducky regarding how the players are viewing the coaching situation, they're going to go bonkers for him. Ditto the players for Kansas State, I can't say enough good things about what Bill Snyder has done for the K-State program in both tours of duty! Two quality coaches, two quality programs.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 AM

9,766 posts, read 7,487,391 times
Oregon 42 Kansas state 38.

Probably whoever has the ball last wins.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,461,471 times
I really can't get a read off this game. My heart thinks that Oregon will run away late with this game, but my brain thinks it will be close. One thing I do like is the fact that for the first time, I get the sense that lil ol' Oregon of all teams is the team that has been here-done that. The seniors have been to a BCS game all four of their years, so this should be business as usual.

This should be a battle and it will be interesting to see how each team handles the match-ups. For the first time in a BCS game, it will be interesting to see an Oregon OL who is bigger than their opponents DL- contrary to what many believe. I think you will see a heavy dose of Oregon's vaunted running game running right up the middle against KSU's somewhat undersized, but fast front 7. This was the case against USC and I think we might see that again. Now, of course we will see Oregon trying to use speed to get to the edge and if KSU cannot get off blocks, the backs will be able to gain massive amounts of yardage. From film, it looks like the KSU dbs play a bit back, so if those lbs cannot get off those blocks, we will march all night. I think KSU will stack the box to begin the game and since those dbs seem to play a bit back, Kelly will look for Mariota to hit screens to try and bring those dbs up and then try and hit them long. I expect to see De'Anthony Thomas featured a lot in the passing game. It will be interesting to see how KSU, who is used to defending a pass heavy spread team, makes adjustments. They struggled mightily against Baylor, an offense more similar to ours. But, as we all know, good coaches with lots of days can make a lot of adjustements.

Defensively, Oregon will need to contain Klein- duh! Our front 7, which is as healthy as it has been since the start of the year, has to contain him. I think KSU will try and pound that rock all night long. If they are successful, it could be a long night defensively. However, if we can keep Klein in the pocket and throw, I think we can create some turnovers. If we can somehow get up early, KSU might need to get out of their comfort zone and hopefully begin to force things.

Thier special teams will destroy ours, so if it is close I will be concerned. This should be a good game. I am way more nervous than last year, even if the Rose Bowl was riding on it.

No score as I think I jinxed things against Auburn and Stanford this year. I was supreamely confident against AU and well, so who knows what will happen...I guess we will find out soon enough. No special unis for this one.

Go Ducks

Last edited by Acuda; 01-03-2013 at 11:54 AM..

Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,603,710 times
Ducks, 38-31.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I really can't get a read off this game. My heart thinks that Oregon will run away late with this game, but my brain thinks it will be close. One thing I do like is the fact that for the first time, I get the sense that lil ol' Oregon of all teams is the team that has been here-done that. The seniors have been to a BCS game all four of their years, so this should be business as usual.

This should be a battle and it will be interesting to see how each team handles the match-ups. For the first time in a BCS game, it will be interesting to see an Oregon OL who is bigger than their opponents DL- contrary to what many believe. I think you will see a heavy dose of Oregon's vaunted running game running right up the middle against KSU's somewhat undersized, but fast front 7. This was the case against USC and I think we might see that again. Now, of course we will see Oregon trying to use speed to get to the edge and if KSU cannot get off blocks, the backs will be able to gain massive amounts of yardage. From film, it looks like the KSU dbs play a bit back, so if those lbs cannot get off those blocks, we will march all night. I think KSU will stack the box to begin the game and since those dbs seem to play a bit back, Kelly will look for Mariota to hit screens to try and bring those dbs up and then try and hit them long. I expect to see De'Anthony Thomas featured a lot in the passing game. It will be interesting to see how KSU, who is used to defending a pass heavy spread team, makes adjustments. They struggled mightily against Baylor, an offense more similar to ours. But, as we all know, good coaches with lots of days can make a lot of adjustements.

Defensively, Oregon will need to contain Klein- duh! Our front 7, which is as healthy as it has been since the start of the year, has to contain him. I think KSU will try and pound that rock all night long. If they are success"ful, it could be a long night defensively. However, if we can keep Klein in the pocket and throw, I think we can create some turnovers. If we can somehow get up early, KSU might need to get out of their comfort zone and hopefully begin to force things.

Thier special teams will destroy ours, so if it is close I will be concerned. This should be a good game. I am way more nervous than last year, even if the Rose Bowl was riding on it.

No score as I think I jinxed things against Auburn and Stanford this year. I was supreamely confident against AU and well, so who knows what will happen...I guess we will find out soon enough. No special unis for this one.

Go Ducks

Thanks for sharing that Acuda.

OOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I agree with O-Ducky regarding how the players are viewing the coaching situation, they're going to go bonkers for him. Ditto the players for Kansas State, I can't say enough good things about what Bill Snyder has done for the K-State program in both tours of duty! Two quality coaches, two quality programs.
Yeah K-State has a great coach and his team really has thier respect. They have a family team no doubt.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:55 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,461,471 times
Touching story on our running backs coach, Gary Campbell. Puts **** in perspective. If we win, awesome, if we lose, not (that) big of a deal...anymore now that I am a bit older and with a baby daughter.

Family first for Oregon Ducks RB coach Gary Campbell - college football - ESPN

I still prefer to win. Go Ducks!

Last edited by Acuda; 01-03-2013 at 05:05 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 04:52 PM

811 posts, read 810,939 times
Oregon 63-56
not a lick of D will be played

Old 01-03-2013, 05:44 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,897,806 times
Oregon in a landslide...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football