Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Biggest has-been in college football?
Southern Miss 0 0%
Tennessee 14 28.57%
Auburn 9 18.37%
Boston College 3 6.12%
Colorado 23 46.94%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 04:49 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
At a minimum Miami has been awful for 7 years now. Those records in the ACC are awful.
Consider the source here^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 04:54 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
THEE Ohio State won the National Title in 2002, in the greatest game ever played.

Miami (FL) won it in 2001.
Attention to detail, I said Jan of 2002 which implies it was the 2001 season but the game was still played in Jan 2002. I also note that Miami didn't win the national championship in 2002 season because I state their record and the bowl and final ranking for that year.

We all know Ohio State won on a bad call everyone knows this just like how ND beat Miami back in the day on a bad call other wise Miami would have had 2 more National Championships and if they wouldn't have been screwed by the selection committee in 1990 they would have won 3 more and today's total would have been 8! 2 bad calls and 1 selection committee screw job and Miami would have 3 more rings!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Attention to detail, I said Jan of 2002 which implies it was the 2001 season but the game was still played in Jan 2002. I also note that Miami didn't win the national championship in 2002 season because I state their record and the bowl and final ranking for that year.

We all know Ohio State won on a bad call everyone knows this just like how ND beat Miami back in the day on a bad call other wise Miami would have had 2 more National Championships and if they wouldn't have been screwed by the selection committee in 1990 they would have won 3 more and today's total would have been 8! 2 bad calls and 1 selection committee screw job and Miami would have 3 more rings!
Gotcha. Misread your post about the year.

Your right. It was a bad call. The Miami (FL) defender was guilty of pass interference. He was guilty of face masking and holding. Penalty is exactly the same so it's a wash. THEE Ohio State beat Miami (FL) fair and square.

And Miami (FL) woulda had 3 more rings? lols. Thee Ohio State got picked over in favor of FSU to play Tennessee or we woulda had another ring. And we might very well end up the only defeated team this year with no ring. Won't hear Buckeyes whining and crying though.

Miami (FL) wulda had more titles if....lols. My aunt would be my uncle if she had balls. lols.

Here's a clip of the face masking and holding.

Ohio State vs Miami - Pass Interference? Replay + Analysis. - YouTube

Old 12-29-2012, 06:22 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,518,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Consider the source here^
Add up Miami's record from the last seven years(all while playing poor competition) and you try and explain how they have not been terrible?

You had a great run in the past bu that is all it is now. No facilities/fans/money all while not being able to cheat anymore is a bad combination for a small private school. I hate FSU much more than Miami but one can clearly see they are in a position to be good again. Miami just has to hope to find a great up and coming coach and win before he leaves in the future.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Add up Miami's record from the last seven years(all while playing poor competition) and you try and explain how they have not been terrible?

You had a great run in the past bu that is all it is now. No facilities/fans/money all while not being able to cheat anymore is a bad combination for a small private school. I hate FSU much more than Miami but one can clearly see they are in a position to be good again. Miami just has to hope to find a great up and coming coach and win before he leaves in the future.

Miami (FL) needs to start paying players again if they want to get back in the Top 20.

So does Auburn.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:51 AM

1,202 posts, read 1,251,316 times
Quote:
Miami (FL) needs to start paying players again if they want to get back in the Top 20.

So does Auburn.
Paying players as much as Alabama does.*

Old 12-30-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
Paying players as much as Alabama does.*
lols.

Alabama has been on probation a few times. Don't know what for though.

Auburn has to cheat to get any talent. Otherwise they couldn't compete with Alabama, LSU, etc...

Auburn is probably the most crooked program out there.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,251,316 times
Quote:
lols.

Alabama has been on probation a few times. Don't know what for though.

Auburn has to cheat to get any talent. Otherwise they couldn't compete with Alabama, LSU, etc...

Auburn is probably the most crooked program out there.
Are we talking currently? I would say that Nick Saban is probably the slimiest coach out there and mixed with the school he is at the big bucks are probably getting thrown around to get some big name players.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Are we talking currently? I would say that Nick Saban is probably the slimiest coach out there and mixed with the school he is at the big bucks are probably getting thrown around to get some big name players.
Wouldn't surprise me if Alabama was throwing some money around right now.

Seems like the NCAA should allow a little money for these players. Maybe $200 a month or so spending money during the season for all scholarship players. So they can at least go out and get pizza and beer once in awhile.

Don't know how smaller schools in the Sun Belt and MAC could afford that though.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I also never figured out why the IRS doesn't go after these kids for income tax evasion.

I'm not saying putting them in jail or anything. But bring charges and fine a guy like Reggie Bush or Cam Newton and these payments will stop.

I also think these boosters are losers. I mean, I love Ohio State football as much as anyone. But I'm not gonna give some kid money to play there. But, it really aint gonna affect my life if OSU goes 14-0 or 0-14. And who wants to buy access to a bunch of college kids? Pathetic.

The guy that gave tattooes to OSU players did it because he like Terrell Pryor and company hanging around. Pathetic. A grown man buying access to someone that can play football. That's just sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football