Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 04:58 AM

1,202 posts, read 1,253,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I always figured we would drop a game this year. However, we are soft on the lines and I no longer believe we can win the Natty next year. We will never be able to compete against the top SEC teams. Pathetic, truly pathetic. Well, looks like another SEC title this year.
Why is losing to the number 13 team in the nation in overtime pathetic? Stanford was arguably the best team last year. Oregon has also played a tough schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 06:33 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,897,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Indeed. And after the game I realized something. Not disrespect to Chip Kelly but there were three easy points we gave away. We chose to go for it on fourth when the game was tied...easy three.
You hit the head on the nail with Chip... His arrogance is palpable. Sometimes you gotta just take the three.

That type of stuff is diff in winning Natty's and tough close games.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:42 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,683,628 times
Boise State showed how soft Chip Kelly's Oregon teams were in 2009 and 2010... and laid the blueprint for other teams to beat them.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:49 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,316,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Boise State showed how soft Chip Kelly's Oregon teams were in 2009 and 2010... and laid the blueprint for other teams to beat them.
Pfft. Oregon is not soft this year. They are like every other team at this stage, feeling the pressure and tired.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:00 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,983,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Pfft. Oregon is not soft this year. They are like every other team at this stage, feeling the pressure and tired.
Yes, strangely enough, I have to defend Oregon here. I always thought their defense was Charmin tissue soft but they were outstanding last night. And I believe they were playing very banged up last night correct? The defense stepped up big time it was some poor coaching decisions and the offense that let down Oregon last night. (Ironically because I always thought the defense was their liability but their strengths were coaching and offense.)

Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 AM

518 posts, read 406,992 times
I still would like to see Oregon vs. K-State in the Fiesta Bowl. It could happen, couldn't it? Would be one of the more entertaining bowls to watch.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
I still would like to see Oregon vs. K-State in the Fiesta Bowl. It could happen, couldn't it? Would be one of the more entertaining bowls to watch.
It could as long as Stanford wins next week because that would clinch the Pac-12 North title. And then if Oregon wins the "Civil War" they would be 11-1 and an attractive at large option for the BCS. However if Stanford stumbles Oregon will go the Pac-12 CG and would likely beat UCLA thus securing a spot in the "Granddady of Them All."

Old 11-18-2012, 10:23 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,683,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Let me amend this... it was 2008 and 2009, and only one of those were Chip Kelly's teams. But still...

Old 11-18-2012, 11:58 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,452,480 times
oregon is going to lose the civil war next week. People have trouble with their fast pace offense but any good D seems to give them problems on both sides of the ball. They're so used to crushing cans that when they get into a dog fight they tend to fold more ofeten than not. They should have lost to USC and their loss to stanford could have been a lot worse without the turnovers as well. Anyone that thinks Oregon could beat BAMMA needs their head checked.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
oregon is going to lose the civil war next week. People have trouble with their fast pace offense but any good D seems to give them problems on both sides of the ball. They're so used to crushing cans that when they get into a dog fight they tend to fold more ofeten than not. They should have lost to USC and their loss to stanford could have been a lot worse without the turnovers as well. Anyone that thinks Oregon could beat BAMMA needs their head checked.
Oregon State's defense =/= Stanford's defense. I think Oregon will win this game, unless Oregon's just shot mentally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football