Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 11:16 PM

518 posts, read 406,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam88 View Post
here is a question: If nd loses to usc and florida loses to fsu and obama wins out including the sec title game
who plays for the title?
lsu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 11:25 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,822 times
And it is also a football rule for eternity that should never be broke...in my opinion. Always get the easy three- unless seven is NEEDED. Don't ever risk a fourth down easy three. Those ALWAYS cost you the game ironically.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:28 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,822 times
Never plan for three on third but for crying out loud dont give the three away!!! For the rest of my football fanatic days Im sticking to that.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:56 PM

518 posts, read 406,992 times
I never disagreed that Oregon had the softer schedule than ND -- up to this point. My point was that Oregon's schedule was back-loaded and that if it could survive it, then there would be no difference between Notre Dame and Oregon's schedule. He might have a point with Kansas State, I suppose, but Kansas State had won impressively against teams that were better than Baylor. This was just a bad game by Kansas State, and it was the best game of the year by far by Baylor. Those things can happen in one game. I really don't retract much of what I've said to this point, except for the bit about Oregon scoring 30+ in this game against Stanford. I underestimated the Cardinal defense - that I fully admit. I knew they were good, but I didn't know they were *this* good. They really are among the best defenses in the entire nation.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,983,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
ND vs. Bama barring a loss by either. Safe to say Bama is going to have a big home crowd advantage down in Miami if in fact they both play for the title.
NOT so fast my friend. Alabama may have an edge but Notre Dame has a large nationwide fanbase and if we beat USC our presence will be felt at the game.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,983,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
I never disagreed that Oregon had the softer schedule than ND -- up to this point. My point was that Oregon's schedule was back-loaded and that if it could survive it, then there would be no difference between Notre Dame and Oregon's schedule. He might have a point with Kansas State, I suppose, but Kansas State had won impressively against teams that were better than Baylor. This was just a bad game by Kansas State, and it was the best game of the year by far by Baylor. Those things can happen in one game. I really don't retract much of what I've said to this point, except for the bit about Oregon scoring 30+ in this game against Stanford. I underestimated the Cardinal defense - that I fully admit. I knew they were good, but I didn't know they were *this* good. They really are among the best defenses in the entire nation.
I didn't disagree, at least I didn't mean to, that Oregon's schedule is backloaded and would even out relatively well with Notre Dame's but still ND played 0 FCS/Sun Belt teams which none of KSU, Alabama, Oregon, Florida, Georgia, FSU, etc. can say.

But my overarching point was that style points don't matter...at all. All that matters is winning. Survive and advance is the name of the game. Yeah ND's lack of "style points" may have hurt them if Oregon and KSU both remain undefeated but finishing a season undefeated is hard. Really hard. As long as you keep winning you keep the dream alive because the odds and the statistics are with that you a few of the teams in front of you will fall. To quote Al Davis, "Just win baby."

Old 11-18-2012, 09:15 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,316,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Here is a question: if ND loses to USC and Florida loses to FSU and Obama wins out including the SEC title game
Who plays for the title?
Please quit with the Obama nonsense.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:50 AM

18,226 posts, read 25,876,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Please quit with the Obama nonsense.
Yes. NOW!

Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,805,529 times
Meant Bama, not Obama. Think of the context.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:18 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,805,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
NOT so fast my friend. Alabama may have an edge but Notre Dame has a large nationwide fanbase and if we beat USC our presence will be felt at the game.
Thanks Lee Corso, haha. It will be interesting, but my money would be on Bama having a lot more fans making the trip to Miami than ND fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football