Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 03:08 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,618,603 times

Advertisements

Miles agrees to extension and raise at LSU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,622,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Why on earth would Miles leave LSU for Arkansas?
It is called money: according to what came out yesterday, he listened to the offer, let the offer become public and is staying at LSU with a raise.That is what he was after, he probably had no intentions of leaving, but money talks. Why else would anyone leave a job for anohter? 90% of the time it is money!!!!!

Old 11-29-2012, 07:21 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,809,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Miles agrees to extension and raise at LSU.
Yes, and according to sportstalk radio here in the metro area, 90% of LSU fans are livid. They want Miles out!

Old 11-29-2012, 07:44 AM

518 posts, read 410,205 times
I can see 90 percent believing that Miles is probably not worth the raise, but any LSU fan who wants Miles out is delusional. He's done his job. He hasn't done it quite as well as Saban or Meyer did, but few coaches have. LSU can take its chances with a coach from a small school, but that could easily backfire. Miles is getting good recruits. What he's missing are a full complement of good assistants, most of whom were raided over the past few years. Now Chavis is a solid assistant. Not perfect, but solid. I hope we can keep him for at least another year or two. But we need to reconsider offense, I think. Not sold on Studrawa and Kragthorpe.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:23 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,546,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It is called money: according to what came out yesterday, he listened to the offer, let the offer become public and is staying at LSU with a raise.That is what he was after, he probably had no intentions of leaving, but money talks. Why else would anyone leave a job for anohter? 90% of the time it is money!!!!!
Only a smokescreen. Lots of schools have money, so what? I was reading Kansas boards when Kevin Sumlin rumors flew and how they'd 3x his salary...he didn't leave Houston for that job, needless to say.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:27 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,546,541 times
P.S. The reason nobody takes Ole Miss seriously is because they have upper crust SEC aspirations with 40% of the budget. Cutty was probably glad to get the hook there.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,359,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think money is the driver in as many coaching job changes as some think. These guys have massive egos - and their ego is most fulfilled when they achieve fame and glory. That comes from a winning program and potentially championships.

Miles might use the AR offer to get more money from LSU, but he couldn't achieve his football goals at AR. He is savvy enough to "listen to the offer" becaue it would be uncool not to.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:40 PM

8,996 posts, read 17,453,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Is this becasue he will stay at NIU or did he get another offer? If Beckham has another lousy year at Illinois, maybe Doeren gets a chance to rebuild there.
I am hearing that it might be a smoke screen of sorts, considering Northern Illinois still has a big game upcoming with Kent State.

There are also rumors that Mark Mangino has been contacted by Purdue about the job. Yikes.......

Old 11-29-2012, 05:11 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,809,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
I can see 90 percent believing that Miles is probably not worth the raise, but any LSU fan who wants Miles out is delusional. He's done his job. He hasn't done it quite as well as Saban or Meyer did, but few coaches have. LSU can take its chances with a coach from a small school, but that could easily backfire. Miles is getting good recruits. What he's missing are a full complement of good assistants, most of whom were raided over the past few years. Now Chavis is a solid assistant. Not perfect, but solid. I hope we can keep him for at least another year or two. But we need to reconsider offense, I think. Not sold on Studrawa and Kragthorpe.
LSU fans want Harbaugh and with ever SF win, that possibility becomes slimmer and slimmer. LSU fans are absolutely crazy and because they are this way, I love it when LSU loses or doesn't win by "enough."

Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 PM

17,872 posts, read 16,256,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demps View Post
NJ Brazen 3133 I am going to agree with you on this one.

I think Bob Diaco is going to be the next head football coach at Boston College.

Your right this would be a good fit for Bob Diaco.
If they do fire spaziani, and hire Diaco, lets hope he keeps Doug I forget last name offensive coordinator around. Man his offense sure has put up some numbers considering the weak arm of Chase Rettig, running back by committee, and no barn burner receivers, and starting TE out with injury.

If only they had either a better Defensive scheme or better defensive players, Boston College should have beaten both Miami, and Clemson. They just gave up so many big plays in those games. Both the scheming and defensive recruiting should improve under Bob Diaco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football