Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,897,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Personally I have:
1-Alabama
2-KSU
3-ND
4-Oregon.

However I believe the BCS will shake out like this:
Alabama
KSU
Oregon
ND.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure that Alabama is really the best team in the nation but I don't think anyone else deserves that title right now and since 'Bama is the defending champions they deserve the benefit of the doubt.
I think Oregon deserves to be ahead of ND after this week... and if they run the table I would put them ahead of K-State. But I'm with you in that I think K-State will stay ahead of Oregon because the "computers" love the Big12... that's lame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I think Oregon deserves to be ahead of ND after this week... and if they run the table I would put them ahead of K-State. But I'm with you in that I think K-State will stay ahead of Oregon because the "computers" love the Big12... that's lame.
I'd have to agree Oregon deserves to be ranked ahead of ND, but just oh so barely. Oregon did win in a way that was partially impressive. Their offense is ridiculously good - I won't take that away from them. They're easily the most dynamic offense in the country. But very rarely does any team post those kinds of numbers against an elite defense. Maybe that can be done in a down year when the balance of talent is decisively in favor of one team, but I don't Oregon having that kind of talent edge over Alabama, Georgia, K-State or even Notre Dame.

As for the Irish, they were unimpressive because they nearly lost, and unlike Alabama, which at least has an excuse for struggling, ND doesn't. In that regard, Oregon's got the edge there. But then again, on the other hand, Notre Dame didn't give up 51 points against Oklahoma -- they gave up 13! USC's passing attack is better than OU's but I doubt that the Irish give up 50+. Notre Dame will be the first real defense that they've seen all year long, and it will be interesting to see just how well they do, or don't do.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:11 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
If Klein is out...K-State is out...in my opinion.
I will agree with you on this much. Klein is the key to the Wildcats' chances, at least based on what I've seen.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:40 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,897,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I'd have to agree Oregon deserves to be ranked ahead of ND, but just oh so barely. Oregon did win in a way that was partially impressive. Their offense is ridiculously good - I won't take that away from them. They're easily the most dynamic offense in the country. But very rarely does any team post those kinds of numbers against an elite defense. Maybe that can be done in a down year when the balance of talent is decisively in favor of one team, but I don't Oregon having that kind of talent edge over Alabama, Georgia, K-State or even Notre Dame.

As for the Irish, they were unimpressive because they nearly lost, and unlike Alabama, which at least has an excuse for struggling, ND doesn't. In that regard, Oregon's got the edge there. But then again, on the other hand, Notre Dame didn't give up 51 points against Oklahoma -- they gave up 13! USC's passing attack is better than OU's but I doubt that the Irish give up 50+. Notre Dame will be the first real defense that they've seen all year long, and it will be interesting to see just how well they do, or don't do.
Good points on Oregon probably not putting up ridiculous numbers against good D's...

But an even better point on ND and the upcoming game with USC. I think you are right...

So if ND doesn't give up 51 and wins by more than 11, would that put them back in front of Oregon? And by not giving up 51, I mean they give up like 10 points. and maybe win by 21.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:41 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,543,686 times
At this point in the game, (half time) KSU is not looking very impressive. While TCU's defense is keeping them in the game.

Klein seems a little slow today. But we've got the second half and that is normally a KSU strong point.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:01 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
At this point in the game, (half time) KSU is not looking very impressive. While TCU's defense is keeping them in the game.

Klein seems a little slow today. But we've got the second half and that is normally a KSU strong point.
I'll have to try and watch. Been watching Zach and the Tigers. Glad Klein is in and ok. Ill check it out. Im getting this funny feeling K State is indeed going to continue to win...lol. I was hoping to play Alabama in the Natty but they arent the better team. Now the tide is just rollin around in bed trying to get a nights sleep as they go in and out of a dream of them playing us in the Championship game. Hey... Bring on K Sate!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:14 PM

I saw a lot of battle fatigue on K-State tonight. Losing Lockett is not good either. That last touchdown by TCU was the direct result of one guy who could not tackle. Kudos to the two TCU defensive ends though, gotta give credit where it's due.

I do NOT think we deserve #1 status in any way, shape, or form. To put it nicely, we sucked tonight. It's a good thing we were playing TCU.

Oh well, Time to rest them up and get ready for next week.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
I'll have to try and watch. Been watching Zach and the Tigers. Glad Klein is in and ok. Ill check it out. Im getting this funny feeling K State is indeed going to continue to win...lol. I was hoping to play Alabama in the Natty but they arent the better team. Now the tide is just rollin around in bed trying to get a nights sleep as they go in and out of a dream of them playing us in the Championship game. Hey... Bring on K Sate!!!
At this point, you guys would roll over KSU. We were that terrible today. For some reason, I think LSU is better than KSU too.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:31 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
At this point, you guys would roll over KSU. We were that terrible today. For some reason, I think LSU is better than KSU too.
Last time I checked K States defense was holding it down. Doing that to TCU deserves some props. Im kinda clueless when it comes to K State though. I think they have the under the radar thing going for them. When the whole nation is drinking your kool aid that's not good and that pressure is tough. K State has made it this far on the down low but now they get some spotlight

Old 11-11-2012, 08:14 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
To KSU fans:

I really hope our teams, KSU and Notre Dame, get a chance to play each other in the NCG. I like your fundamentally sound football team that plays well on both sides of the ball. Collin Klein is a legit Hesiman contender and I respect your coach. Good luck the rest of the way but if it comes down to it I may have to cheer for Baylor or Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football