Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 03:12 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,607,963 times

Advertisements

well i'm glad Notre Dame is 7-0 right now

Old 10-21-2012, 04:35 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,885,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
You couldn't beat them then and you sure couldn't beat them now. Did you not witness you got beatdown for the second week in a row. Yes absolutely destroyed like not even in the game. Did you realize Miami put up better offense against Kansas St than West Virginia did and that was week one before Kansas State was considered a top 5 team. Stop smoking that sticky.

Again, you don't read articles. Why do I bother conversing with a child...
Academics: FSU is the #97 college in the US. West Virginia is #165. That is a pretty big gap.
It does matter in athletics. Your guy doesn't pass his classes. Guess what... He can't play. Most college athletes don't make the next level. Guess what... that education allows them an opportunity at a decent paying job. So yes, they go hand in hand.

Marcus Lattimore is one of NCAA premier runningbacks. He was knocked out in one of those bowls against us. Manti Te'o is a heisman candidate and herald as the best LB in the NCAA. He was on Notre Dame's defense last year that played us. Yes, these guys are completely out of shaped with no respect . Dude your argument gets weaker and weaker.

You really don't get it. FSU loses any one game we were out of the championship game. The ACC is down so outside Clemson and UF we wouldn't have marque wins. Even if we knock off an undefeated UF at the end of the season, we still wouldn't be in. Again, there is no free pass in college football. Most AQ teams have an opportunity to knock off a big dog. Texas Tech was unranked when they knocked you off. Washington (3-4 currently) knocked off Stanford in week 5. Just this past weekend Ohio St and Georgia both avoided scares against Purdue (3-4) and Kentucky (1-7).

Texas Tech again was unranked when they beat you. But hey, I will remind you each week on how much your team can't stop teams from scoring on every drive.

Hard... 7 teams in the BCS last week. Reality hit and 4 of them are potentially dropping out.

Math also isn't your strong suit. If we make less in our conference tie ins, it means we make that much more in all other areas. Again, we are #24 out of ALL NCAA teams over the last 5 years.

Neither one of us reached out to the Big 12. Texas AD has claimed this, FSU has claimed this, Clemson has claimed this. Get your facts. If Clemson was to leave or reach out, it would be to the SEC; same goes for FSU. Like all other conferences, majority votes determine how the conference is ran; being that Tobacco Road covers 3 teams, numbers tell you that isn't majority.
WVU could easily beat a cupcake team like FSU. That doesnt make WVU a great team though, as beating any ACC team is something any mediorce school can easily do. FSU has still not beat any good teams, and lost to a complete cupcake. I realize it is easy to talk smack when you dont face anyone hard, but even agaisnt easy teams FSU is a failure this year.

Also, you need to understand your own article. There are thousands of colleges and universities in the US. FSU is ranked by US news as slightly better than WVU, and that is based off survey and irrelevant factors like GPA and SAT coming into the school. FSU is academically very similar to WVU, and FSU is terrible for an ACC school and at the bottom. However, it is irrelevant and I dont know why I try to convey this to a child, but these are ATHLETIC conferences and NOT ACADEMIC conferences. In fact the athletic conference a school is in has NO bearing on the academics. If FSU left the ACC for the Big 12 like it wanted its academics would not get any worse. Likewise, if WVU went to the ACC it would not see its academics improve. However, what the ATHLETIC conference does impact is the ATHLEtICS of a school. I know this is hard to grasp, and I guess your ACC education failed to teach you critical thinking, but you need to try and understand this.

Your arguments arent getting any stronger or weaker. They were always complete BS, as many people have pointed out, and they still are. All I have done is stated the facts. Those dont change amigo.

And yes FSU blew their free pass to the NC. I never though FSU was that good, but I thought you could easily beat every ACC school by huge margins. The only reason FSU is ranked right now and they were overhyped was because they had such an easy schedule nobody thought FSU could suck enough to blow it. I was fully expecting for FSU to easily dominate the ACC and then lose big against a team in a good conference. However, you couldnt even beat an ACC team. It is downright pathetic. I would rather WVU lost 100 points to Kansas state, and lost every Big 12 game this year than lose one game against an ACC team and go undefeated the rest of the year. Losing to an ACC team is like losing to a 4 year old with down syndrome. So playing in the ACC is like playing in the special olympics, even if you win you are still a retard.

And you apparently dont understand math. ACC revenue is a joke among the 4 real conferences. ACC teams make MUCH less. That is why FSU has a huge deficit and is millions in the hole. I guess like Football and academics in general, math is not a strong suit at FSU.

WVU did lose some games, just 1 more than FSU, but atleast WVU plays GOOD teams. If FSU was in the Big 12, like they tried before being rejected, they would get slaughtered. You might be the best athlete in the special olmpics but the Big 12 is the real Olympics and FSU just doesnt have the athletics to compete.

And yes ACC is run by tobacco road basketball schools. Yes, all the schools vote, but the exception of FSU, Clemson, and VT none of the schools care about football. They all vote to promote basketball at the expense of football. That is why ACC football is a joke and your conference is behind even the Big East. Hell even VT is now giving up on football. In 10 years so will FSU. FSU is a conference for schools that have decided to focus solely on basketball. That is why FSU and Clemson wanted out, they also wanted more money. Unfortunately your school is too tainted by the ACC to ever get out. Clemson would never get into the SEC, nor can FSU. The sad truth is NOBODY will take you now, not even the Big 10.

I will remind YOU each week of how you blew the easiest schedule in NCAA history, were rejected from the Big 12, and how beating or losing to cupcake ACC teams doesnt make you any good.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:26 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,528,679 times
FSU fan hyping academics is pure gold!!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
I find the whole ACC hyping the academics of an athletic conference golden. I guess when you can't boast of your actual athletics you need something to cling to.

They really need to put their great academic minds together and figure out how to stop sucking in football.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:38 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,528,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I find the whole ACC hyping the academics of an athletic conference golden. I guess when you can't boast of your actual athletics you need something to cling to.

They really need to put their great academic minds together and figure out how to stop sucking in football.
Well I think it does matter to most ACC schools but FSU is not one of them. If it should is another topic.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:19 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,455,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
WVU could easily beat a cupcake team like FSU.
Except you haven't. We have beat you 3 times, 2 in the BCS era and we won by a ton. History is not your side.

Quote:
Also, you need to understand your own article. There are thousands of colleges and universities in the US. FSU is ranked by US news as slightly better than WVU, and that is based off survey and irrelevant factors like GPA and SAT coming into the school. FSU is academically very similar to WVU, and FSU is terrible for an ACC school and at the bottom. However, it is irrelevant and I dont know why I try to convey this to a child, but these are ATHLETIC conferences and NOT ACADEMIC conferences. In fact the athletic conference a school is in has NO bearing on the academics. If FSU left the ACC for the Big 12 like it wanted its academics would not get any worse. Likewise, if WVU went to the ACC it would not see its academics improve. However, what the ATHLETIC conference does impact is the ATHLEtICS of a school. I know this is hard to grasp, and I guess your ACC education failed to teach you critical thinking, but you need to try and understand this.
80+ spots is not slightly, it is tons better. US News ranks based on freshmen retention, graduation rates, and strength of faculty as well as tons of other factors.
How U.S. News Calculates Its Best Colleges Rankings - US News and World Report

Yes that is a source, something you don't know how to read. In other words, Facts; not opinion.

Like I stated before, not all athletes make it to the next level, those that don't need an education. In college... they don't make grades, they don't play. All factors that Athletics and Academics go hand in hand.

Quote:
The only reason FSU is ranked right now and they were overhyped was because they had such an easy schedule nobody thought FSU could suck enough to blow it.
Not due to overhyping... We have beaten a top 25 team that will actually finish in the top 25 and we are only carrying a 1 point loss to a team that is on the fringe of the Top 25 AP/Harris. Luckily for West Virginia and Texas, the BCS doesn't factor margin of victory because if so both would be outside looking in.

Quote:
Losing to an ACC team is like losing to a 4 year old with down syndrome. So playing in the ACC is like playing in the special olympics, even if you win you are still a retard.
It is pretty disrespectful and quite childish to use terminology to put down people with special needs. There are plenty of other ways to try to make fun of something. You do not need to go there.

Quote:
And you apparently dont understand math. ACC revenue is a joke among the 4 real conferences. ACC teams make MUCH less. That is why FSU has a huge deficit and is millions in the hole. I guess like Football and academics in general, math is not a strong suit at FSU.
You apparently don't understand math. Take away conference guaranteed money and FSU possibly is a top 10 revenue program. We make more in other avenues than the vast majority of NCAA programs. Like I stated myself, our conferense guaranteed money isn't nearly what it is in the SEC/Big 12/Big 10/Pac 12.

After expenses we aren't in the "hole" either. Revenue minus expenses in our athletic department for year 2010 shows us in the positive of $17,204,674; if you include "non-allocated" revenue minus expenses we break even. West Virginia on the other hand was in the negative (-$649,674) in normal revenue minus expenses if you include "non-allocated" revenue minus expenses than you break even.
Equity in Athletics Data Analysis Cutting Tool Website

Quote:
That is why FSU and Clemson wanted out, they also wanted more money. Unfortunately your school is too tainted by the ACC to ever get out. Clemson would never get into the SEC, nor can FSU. The sad truth is NOBODY will take you now, not even the Big 10.
No they didn't want out. I have already given you tons of sources that state otherwise. FSU could have their pickings of any conference they would want to be in. They have tradition, alumni that travel, and winning programs (football, baseball, track and field, and soon to be Basketball). We turned down the best conference in football in the 90s for a conference that gave us the best opportunity to win and the face of a conference in Football. It paid out with 2 National Championships, 5 National Championship appearances, 2 Heismans, the most consecutive Top 5 finishes in the AP football polls history, back to back AP #1, etc. We have stayed with them because our core values match best what the ACC offers.

Quote:
Your arguments arent getting any stronger or weaker. They were always complete BS, as many people have pointed out, and they still are. All I have done is stated the facts. Those dont change amigo.
Facts have sources, none of which you can produce. You have only stated opinions. At this point, I am done with the back and forth. Your team was truly overrated at #5 and hammered two weeks in a row. At least when we lost, we lost by a score. You are losing from double digit loses, scores you could never make up in a game. It must be rough being a fan of a team that allows every team they face, even the midmajors, posting career days in yardage. It must be hard to watch my team go down in the first with no hope of coming back. For this, I understand why you feel the need to put down the ACC. The sad reality is West Virginia looks worse than most of the ACC teams. At least most of the ACC teams don't allow teams to average close to 40 points a game on them. Even Boston College (the worst ACC team) hasn't allowed a team to hammer on them by 63 points like Baylor (3-4) did to West Virginia.

The sad thing for West Virginia is this will just get worse. Geno Smith will be gone and then what. That terrible defense is mirrored with a terrible offense. Hug that Orange Bowl trophy tight knowing it will be a very long time until West Virginia has a shot at one of the BCS bowls again. Although I am done with this banter with you, I will be sure to give you shout outs throughout the season since West Virginia will lose more games by blowouts. Peace

Old 10-22-2012, 06:21 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,455,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Hyping... it is the truth. Name another conference that has as many schools in the Top 100. You do realize UF is slipping each year and FSU is gaining each year. Just throwing that out there.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Except you haven't. We have beat you 3 times, 2 in the BCS era and we won by a ton. History is not your side.

80+ spots is not slightly, it is tons better. US News ranks based on freshmen retention, graduation rates, and strength of faculty as well as tons of other factors.
How U.S. News Calculates Its Best Colleges Rankings - US News and World Report

Yes that is a source, something you don't know how to read. In other words, Facts; not opinion.

Like I stated before, not all athletes make it to the next level, those that don't need an education. In college... they don't make grades, they don't play. All factors that Athletics and Academics go hand in hand.

Not due to overhyping... We have beaten a top 25 team that will actually finish in the top 25 and we are only carrying a 1 point loss to a team that is on the fringe of the Top 25 AP/Harris. Luckily for West Virginia and Texas, the BCS doesn't factor margin of victory because if so both would be outside looking in.

It is pretty disrespectful and quite childish to use terminology to put down people with special needs. There are plenty of other ways to try to make fun of something. You do not need to go there.

You apparently don't understand math. Take away conference guaranteed money and FSU possibly is a top 10 revenue program. We make more in other avenues than the vast majority of NCAA programs. Like I stated myself, our conferense guaranteed money isn't nearly what it is in the SEC/Big 12/Big 10/Pac 12.

After expenses we aren't in the "hole" either. Revenue minus expenses in our athletic department for year 2010 shows us in the positive of $17,204,674; if you include "non-allocated" revenue minus expenses we break even. West Virginia on the other hand was in the negative (-$649,674) in normal revenue minus expenses if you include "non-allocated" revenue minus expenses than you break even.
Equity in Athletics Data Analysis Cutting Tool Website

No they didn't want out. I have already given you tons of sources that state otherwise. FSU could have their pickings of any conference they would want to be in. They have tradition, alumni that travel, and winning programs (football, baseball, track and field, and soon to be Basketball). We turned down the best conference in football in the 90s for a conference that gave us the best opportunity to win and the face of a conference in Football. It paid out with 2 National Championships, 5 National Championship appearances, 2 Heismans, the most consecutive Top 5 finishes in the AP football polls history, back to back AP #1, etc. We have stayed with them because our core values match best what the ACC offers.

Facts have sources, none of which you can produce. You have only stated opinions. At this point, I am done with the back and forth. Your team was truly overrated at #5 and hammered two weeks in a row. At least when we lost, we lost by a score. You are losing from double digit loses, scores you could never make up in a game. It must be rough being a fan of a team that allows every team they face, even the midmajors, posting career days in yardage. It must be hard to watch my team go down in the first with no hope of coming back. For this, I understand why you feel the need to put down the ACC. The sad reality is West Virginia looks worse than most of the ACC teams. At least most of the ACC teams don't allow teams to average close to 40 points a game on them. Even Boston College (the worst ACC team) hasn't allowed a team to hammer on them by 63 points like Baylor (3-4) did to West Virginia.

The sad thing for West Virginia is this will just get worse. Geno Smith will be gone and then what. That terrible defense is mirrored with a terrible offense. Hug that Orange Bowl trophy tight knowing it will be a very long time until West Virginia has a shot at one of the BCS bowls again. Although I am done with this banter with you, I will be sure to give you shout outs throughout the season since West Virginia will lose more games by blowouts. Peace
Yes, you beat us in the PAST in off years. Not relevant now. In the past you were good too, but now you suck. That is the thing about FSU, you glory days are gone and all you have is past memories.

No, 80 slots is nothing. There are thousands of schools. It is not even a 1% difference, and it based off factors that dont really reflect the academic experience. It is impossible to really measure, but using their system you are SLIGHTLY better, and a terrible school for the ACC. I could understand if you are talking about Duke, but FSU is the academic laughing stock of the ACC.

I realize putting down FSU due to the way they play football is offensive. You are a special needs team in a special needs conference.

Again you fail math. ACC teams are getting a raw deal. You could be making millions more in a good conference. 24th for a school the size of FSU is downright pathetic. Your revenue isnt enough to stop their football budget from running into the red. The 2 million deficit you ranup is a big reason your team wanted into the Big 12, along with their dissatisfaction of ACC football. It is hilarious you are boasting of your revenue when you arent making any. Your arguments keep getting weaker and weaker.

And no you cant get into any better conferences. Nobody wants you, and you dont have a pick. You COULD go to an even worse conference than the ACC, and there arent many, but you could not go to any of the good ones. The 90s are over and the SEC doesnt want FSU anymore. The Big 12 doesnt want FSU. The PAC and Big 10 dont want you either. Now everybody knows FSU wanted into the Big 12, including FSU fans. You are the first I have ever heard deny it. This is really not a secret. You can give a million reasons on why you think it isnt true, but it wont change the fact that FSU did try to join the Big 12 and was rejected. Nothing can change that.

Your team was good before joining the ACC I will admit that. Once you joined the ACC you were still good, but the conference started to destroy your football program like it does with every school. The ACC was hoping FSU could help ACC improve ACC football but instead it destroyed FSU's program. You havent even won the ACC since 2005, which is sad.

And I have shown mountains of sources in early conversations. You just ignore them and remain in denial. You have shown nothing, no proof or facts, just your distorted view of football. Hell, I remember last week you were saying the Texas Tech game was some late night even and they moved it too an earlier time, and everyone started calling you out for making things up. In fact there are several instances of you just making things up and dozens of people making you fun of you. In fact the Gator and I are the only people who will talk to you, and that is to point out how bad the ACC and FSU are, and how you dont know what you are talking about.

Your team is truly overrated to be ranked at all. We might have lost big, but at least we lost to Big 12 teams, and not a cupcake ACC team. Losing to an ACC team is like losing a boxing match to an armless boxer, it is almost impossible unless you make a mistake of epic proportions. It must be tough to be part of a team that cant even win the All Cupcake Conference, lose to cupcake teams, and be rejected by the Big 12. Even Kansas, the worst Big 12 team, could dominate the ACC. I admit your school has potential, but it will never realize it in the ACC. and every year every ACC teams get exponentially worse. Soon your school wont even have potential to be good. Your only hope is to get out, and nobody will take you. I understand why you are bitter and feel the need to put down WVU. What you need to understand is it is not WVU's fault and I dont even dislike FSU. I am rooting for you to get out, but face it nobody will take you. I earlier supported you coming into the Big 12 because I wanted a Big 12 East with closer teams to face, but after being in the conference I feel it is good enough with 10 members and doesnt need anymore. I wouldnt mind you joining the Big 12, but personally I would be against it and I understand why you are rejected. Unlike the ACC the Big 12 doesnt need to stock itself with mediocre teams to capture a big enough market to force itself to remain relevant. Dont take the facts I present to you personally. I know the truth butthurts, but you are just going after the messenger and not the real problem.

The sad thing is FSU is only going to get worse. Perhaps it will be a long time until we win another big bowl like the Orange bowl. As an FSU fan you could give us advice on how to cope if it comes to that, because as a team that was once good that hasnt won a good bowl in a decade you surely most know the feeling. Hell you havent even won your own conference since 2005. Now that you mention it is kinda sad. WVU might be going through what FSU has gone through for the last decade. Now that is truly a depressing thought my friend. At least we play in Big 12 and havent lost to an ACC team this year, and will remain relevant in the playoff system, unlike the ACC including FSU.

Also, I am not done bantering with you. I truly enjoy our conversations and you can expect lots of shoutouts my friend. Peace

Old 10-22-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Hyping... it is the truth. Name another conference that has as many schools in the Top 100. You do realize UF is slipping each year and FSU is gaining each year. Just throwing that out there.
Like I said nobody cares about the athletics of an academic conference anymore than they care about the fashion of the students. That being said if we were going to care about academics FSU would drag the academics of the whole ACC down. There are some very good 'academic' schools in the ACC, but FSU is not one of them. Stop trying to associate with them. If a mentally retarded person with an IQ of 40 hangs out with Stephen Hawking and Neil Degrasse Tyson they are not considered smart by default. I guess your FSU education failed to teach critical thinking and basic logic.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:29 PM

977 posts, read 1,958,088 times
Great job hijacking this thread you two. Mods need to come clean up this garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football