Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:56 AM

934 posts, read 1,358,323 times

Advertisements

Didn't LSU beat the Vols with a backup QB in the SEC championship game in 2007? Wasn't Georgia ranked #2 in the nation in 2007 AP poll? UGA only loss was to the Vols that year, Mark Richt wouldn't start Knowshon at the time SMH. Georgia beat Nick Saban's boys in Bama that year and beat Les Miles in the bayou the following year. When you say "USC" I hope you are talking about the Trojans.

Back to 2012 season please

....If a team can't score on Oregon's defense they shouldn't have been ranked........UL- Monroe would beat Arizona dude.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:17 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,917,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
UGA only loss was to the Vols that year.
they lost to sorry ass South Carolina too... And they didn't just lose to the Vols. They got killed... By the Vols backup QB non the less!

UGA beat Bama who beat Tenn who beat South Carolina who beat UGA who beat Florida who beat Tenn who beat UGA...

That's confusing... So the only fair assessment of these teams is by their face to face... And Tenn killed UGA. Period

Old 09-25-2012, 08:25 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,514 posts, read 15,231,954 times
The word 'fraud' was a poor choice, and I should have used another example... I just got caught up from having a discussion with some people before watching Oregon play Arizona...

Old 09-25-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
they lost to sorry ass South Carolina too...
That gamecock team made it to a bowl game and I believe that particular win over UGA really changed that program. At the end of the season UGA was a better team so I don't know what you are trying to get at. Tenn was an embarrassment in that game, you should never lose to a rookie backup QB in a huge game. The bulldogs have beaten Tenn. 2 years in a row and the 3rd time is coming this weekend. I hope the Duck make Lane kitten cry when they go down to LA.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
That gamecock team made it to a bowl game and I believe that particular win over UGA really changed that program. At the end of the season UGA was a better team so I don't know what you are trying to get at. Tenn was an embarrassment in that game, you should never lose to a rookie backup QB in a huge game. The bulldogs have beaten Tenn. 2 years in a row and the 3rd time is coming this weekend. I hope the Duck make Lane kitten cry when they go down to LA.
What rookie? u are delusional... 21-14 is an embarrassment? Ok... typical UGA fan!

So what prize does UGA get for beating Tenn? They have the same number of SEC titles during this winning streak as Tenn... ZERO. so it's completely irrelevant.

Beat your chest about being better than a rebuilding program... That's sad. When Tenn gets back on their horse then brag.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:19 AM

Ryan Perrilloux, it was his second start in his career.

Give some credit to LSU, that was probably their best team ever. The LSU team the Vols played in 07 was a weaker team, especially with Ryan Perrillou a the helm. Vols hasn't won anything since the 90's and it doesn't like that going to change any time soon. I wanted them to beat Florida but they let me down. Laid a big orange egg in the 4th.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Ryan Perrilloux, it was his second start in his career.

Give some credit to LSU, that was probably their best team ever. The LSU team the Vols played in 07 was a weaker team, especially with Ryan Perrillou a the helm. Vols hasn't won anything since the 90's and it doesn't like that going to change any time soon. I wanted them to beat Florida but they let me down. Laid a big orange egg in the 4th.
What does that have to do with Anything? When did I say the Vols were great? You are arguing about your dawgs for no reason. The point I made earlier is the Vols crushed UGA in 07 when UGA was supposedly the best team in the country. So why did they get killed by such a crappy team? Answer me that...

Old 09-25-2012, 02:30 PM

Who said Georgia was great? Anybody can beat anybody in the SEC, you should know that. Georgia switched running backs after that game. We put a freshman in named Knowshon Mereno to replace the senior Thomas Brown. We didn't loss another game and was the hottest team in the nation and won the Sugar Bowl. The Vols sucked last year and this year too, notice they are no longer in the SEC east convo after the gator skull hunched them. Maybe next decade.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Who said Georgia was great? Anybody can beat anybody in the SEC, you should know that. Georgia switched running backs after that game. We put a freshman in named Knowshon Mereno to replace the senior Thomas Brown. We didn't loss another game and was the hottest team in the nation and won the Sugar Bowl. The Vols sucked last year and this year too, notice they are no longer in the SEC east convo after the gator skull hunched them. Maybe next decade.
Knowshon was already playing by the TN game... The Vols held him to 30 yds.

The Vols have the most recent Natty...

Old 09-25-2012, 06:16 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,476,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Fla. St. would get roughed up by an SEC opponent. They're just not muscular enough. Oregon, on the other hand, has beef on the lines.
ROFL

2010 - Marcus Lattimore (SC 1000 yard rusher) ran for 93 yards and 2 scores against Saban's Alabama #1 Defense. Later that year, he met FSU's defense and had 1 carry for -2 yards before exiting the game. Who roughed up, who?

UF hasn't beaten us in the last 2 meetings. Again, SEC roughs us up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football